/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/
amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z333-Multimedia-Speakers-Black/dp/B00YR92VMA/ref=sr_1_8/258-6551281-3064747?s=receiver-speakers&ie=UTF8&qid=1493321424&sr=1-8
youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are the major differences between the Massdrop x AKG K7XX and the AKG K612?

Not lewd enough

I want the new Golf R.

Does anyone seriously buy Schiit products?

K612 is more neutral and therefore better.
Only retards do.

I have the fulla 2 and it's a great little amp with multiple uses for the price. Whats your problem with them? shit posting? or do you not like their expensive stuff?

Opinions?

K7XX = K702/K701/Q701 + 3 db below 100 Hz
K612 = a rebranded K601 with minor differences and a non-removable cable
K612 is better value.

You can get amps and DACs for less money with higher quality internal hardware. And I'm not even talking about chinkshit.

Like what? The e10k is the obvious one and that doesn't sound as nice as the fulla, (inb4 some autist tries to argue about it)

Give some examples please.

>amps and DACs for less money with higher quality internal hardware.
>not chink
Which? List some, user. Fucking do.

I mentioned that I bought them in the last thread. They're not worth the money at all and the wires are disgustingly thin.

>more neutral and therefore better

Too much microphonics? Even cord around ear?
are they worth 99€?

>ugly bitch
>wears sennheiser
Checks out. Cute anime girls wear akg.

I'm not joking when I say piston 3's sound better. That's all you need to know friend. Please don't make the same mistake as me. You will be trying to post them back the same fucking day if you get them early enough. Buy some good chink iems or buy expensive iems that are highly regarded by multiple sources. I personally think buying expensive iems is retarded anyway, especially after trying those.

Anyone who can think straight would argue that.

Thank you a lot, you made me save 99€ today haha

Is the Coloud 16 worth it?

My pleasure

€277 for a new HD600.
Yes or no?

Mr. Speakers and Schiit products are defacto pleb-tier. The build quality for both is also not up to industry standard.

Hell yes.

Yes.

The only expensive IEMs that are worth it are Etys and those are only worth it if you want a neutral sig. A niche within a niche.

Cheapo IEMs sound the same as most $1000 audiophile IEMs.

How are Sennheiser HD 25-II/Superlux 562's for casual music listening?

Any recommendations for a portable USB amp/DAC up to $150 USD.

That's pretty much the going price for them in the UK right now. I got them a little cheaper over a year ago.

Fulla 2. Great sound and lots of features.

Lets see how many of you are poorfags here that wasted your money on expensive headphones but drives a shit car.

>post your main headphones
>post your car

HD 650, K7XX, saving for 800S
>no car

>>post your main headphones
HD600
>>post your car
2009 Nissan GT-R

First britbong dt770 owner to post their address gets an official 770 headband.

I bought it a long time ago and never got around to using it. It's brand new, and I'll post it sometime next week.

I saw them at €240 time ago on the same site, to bad that I didn't pull the trigger then. Oh well, the web site offers good return policies: free return and return with all the money back if you return the product in 60 days in good conditions

539-547 Wandsworth Road, London

You win m8. I'll post it next week, and post in the current hpg to let you know. Just make sure you post here too when you receive it, so I know you got it :)

Alright Sup Forumsentlemen, the right driver in my Sony XB500s just shit its pants and I need another affordable over ear set of headphones.
Right now I have my heart set on some Philips 9500. I also want something that doesn't look like shit. I prefer a solid headband, not a floating strap style.

>Sub $100, I'm a college student so budget is tight
>Make America great again
>Need to be able to run off my phone. Although I am interested in getting a small and cheap amp and/or DAC for increased quality.
>Over ear, single cable, removable preferred
>Open or closed, doesn't matter
>Need to be comfortable for 2-3 hours. I won't wear them for longer than that at a time
>I prefer thumping bass, just makes me feel good. But I'd like some cans that can accurately reproduce everywhere with an equalizer for some classical piano I listen too
>Again, coming from the Sony XB500. I also have Symphonized NRG IEMs that's I use daily

HD 800

I don't even own a car. I rarely need to drive at all, sadly. I'd love to own one just because I like cars but I don't have enough money to spend on something that expensive which I have no use for. Maybe one day.

Gordon wants a pic of you and your brother.

>600
>no car

DT880
AD900X
Fidelio L2
M80
V6

125cc Yamaha motorcicle.

>main headphones
Sony MDR-1A for work
HD650 for home
>car
Subaru Forester

>owning more than one pair of headphones for the same purpose
lmao fucking retard

>headphones
Was AKG k240s until they broke, now the earbuds that came with my iPhone.
>car
Volvo C70 Coupé
>mfw that 5th cylinder kicks in

Meh, only way to test some headphones where i live is to buy them, most of mine are for sale anyway.

Anything else to consider?

I'd drive that.

Not at this price as far as I know. I used to own the o2 combo and it sounded exactly the same but thinner. It costs a lot more than a fulla 2.

>$100-120
>The Netherlands
>Mainly use it on my laptop at work and on my phone
>IEMs
>Comfort level is quite important as I wear them a few hours uninterrupted.

theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/

It's the complete opposite signature of the XB500.

THANKS ILL BE GETTING THE Beats Tour 2.0

That's alright. I enjoyed my xb500s but the highs and mids were never as good as I thought they should be and I always had to boost them with an equalizer.
I like bass, but I'm not a bass head.

Anyone?

Looking for a good speaker/headphones.
Yes or no?

I've got the HD25, they're got a strong clamp, but the sound signature is pretty good.
What?

amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Z333-Multimedia-Speakers-Black/dp/B00YR92VMA/ref=sr_1_8/258-6551281-3064747?s=receiver-speakers&ie=UTF8&qid=1493321424&sr=1-8

These any good, lads?

Probably not, but there don't seem to be good options at that price range.

Someone is selling these Xiaomi Hybrid on a tech forum for about $25. The going for some coffee, saw apparently the same ones (QTER01JY) for $13. I've requested the part number to the forum guy, but they are pretty much the same.
Which price is the correct though?
Pretty sure these aren't the Hybrid PRO.

Also, are these any good?

Thanks, I'll be getting the Superlux 562 (HD25 Clone with maybe 3dB less bass)

What are good headphones in the £70 price range?
Scotland cuck here.

What's wrong with their stuff?

RHA T10 or SE215?

If neither, can you rec a better alternative for IEMs around that price

youtube.com/watch?v=tCZ-AJQOiDg

GR07 Bass Edition (on Amazon, they'll be coming from Singapore, Singapore or China from Ebay)

K702, maybe a new HD600 soon
Toyota Yaris 1.0, but I'm getting a new Toyota Auris 1.8 Hybrid Lounge in a couple of weeks

will look into, thx

HE-400i
Gonna be pre-ordering a tesla soon.

Old problem, fixed for years and years.

Do you have a real answer, or just circlejerking?

So i'm looking for my first high end or at least really good headphones and i came here to get some recommendations and opinion which i should buy. I'm mostly using headphones for listening music and really like ambient music and think that getting open back headphones would be great idea. My budget is 100-300€ and what i have heard is that sennheiser HD 598 would be great but it seems that they dont sell those anymore so i'm considering to buy HD 599's. Recommendations to which ones i should consider buy ? Also my current headphones are creative fatalitys so what should i except from the new ones? Will i cry because the beauty of the sound quality?

HD600
You can find it at around €280 in Europe.

Only snapheisers worth purchasing are HD600. If you can't or don't want to get that look into AKG. k612/k702/k712/k7xx, depending on your budget and preferred sound signature.
HD598/599 are probably the most overrated headphones ever made, basically only consider those if you want to use them with your phone and look like a fucking moron for using overears outside.

Hell. I paid >300€ for mine.

>100-300€
>really good headphones
HD600, hands off.

Of course this absolute faggot can't provide anything. Imagine being this mad about a random audio brand lmao.

Buy them then, It's a pretty good deal.

>Gordon wants a pic of you and your brother.

Stupid twat

How much it would cost if get decent amp for it? The reason i have consider buying HD 599's is because they seem to work well even if they are just plugged to laptop?
>look like a fucking moron for using overears outside.
I'm looking them for inside use only.

HD600 are high (and pretty stable) impedance at 300Ω.

This means they will not be *very* loud, but will work well with pretty much any source, even shitty high impedance outputs (line out level).

Definitely grab HD600 if can at all. It's much better value/money than 599 and 598se. They're the Sennheiser headphone to get under 1k€.

Would I be able to use the dac on my FiiO K1 with a standalone amp like a Magni2?

If you ever think your sources suck (like, terrible noise floor from your computer), grab a cheap usb dac+amp device such as the Schiit Fulla 2 (excellent value/money) and that'll tell you how bad or not your sources were and have you well covered for non-deafening volume levels.

But definitely do not hold out for an amp or grab a cheaper headphone to allow for an amp. The headphone is what matters the most.

Lol. They same sound the same, I've had both.

K7xx, HD6xx
Nissan Juke

The e10k sounds harsh nin comparison, and has less bass. If you can't hear that then 'lol'

>Stupid twat
mad boy in his 30s

Not even 30, god your life must be shit lmao. What's the obsession?

Need a >50$ pair of noise isolation headphones with the best sound quality I could get for the price. Any help?

Superlux HD 662 EVO or 660, 669 for that NiggaBass

No listing on amazon?
Very upsetting

Minimum of 50 -> lots of options.

I do suggest Sennheiser HD380 Pro. Good SQ, good isolation (32dB), comfortable, durable.

Anyone here with Focal speakers, how are they?

not him but lol

Is it a sin to ask about wireless shit here

I'm asking anyway

Budget sub 200, wanna use for my phone to listen to music on campus and at the gym, I'm in USA

I remember really wanting some ath-ad700 around three years ago, but even back then you could only get them for like £300 because they were already discontinued so I settled for my current sennheisers. From what I recall they were great in all respects, amazing for gaming, with the only criticism being the lack of pounding bass - I was never a fan of over-exaggerated bass so that's fine by me. My research back then seemed to point that the 700x model was basically inferior, they fucked some shit up - I don't recall what exactly but I think it didn't quite achieve the 700 quality, and the cord had problems or something.

Is there a better version out now? How's the situation? is the 900X or whatever actually good? I don't feel like spending another few hours digging through reviews, but if anybody has a good idea of the lineup that would be nice.

I feel like upgrading and I might just start trawling for some deals to see if I can't find something good.

What's the best Sennheiser headphone for under $100?

Has anyone ever experience a standard superlux 662?

>>post your main headphones
Home: HD800S Portable: FitEar MH334

>>post your car
2013 Nissan March (Pearl White)

If I hate treble and want only the darkest bassest sounds what earphones or headphones do I buy?

>Budget
flexible but under $400
>Location
US
>Source
Computer and phone
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
As closed as they can get
>Comfort level
decently comfortable at least
>Sound signature
whatever
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD25-II

Basically it has to be portable, closed, and have a replaceable cable.

HD650 is a good start, you can probably EQ the treble out of most headphones though.