/nrg/ - Nyaa Replacements General

Previous This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (nyaa.pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

News
>Added api searching
>Theme fix up is still ongoing but making progress
>Scrapers in progress
>Added untested reset api button
>Now use svgs for icons
>Mods have more mass edit tools
>Filelist tree views properly work
>Elastic search done but needs testing

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin

Development roadmap:
>trello.com/b/gMJBwoRq/nyaa-pantsu-cat-roadmap

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html
github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/commit/5bcda5c9a1a0ce75c55655fcaa07ab46ec605d9d
i.4cdn.org/g/1496008220601.png
github.com/nyaadevs/nyaa/blob/master/es_mapping.yml
github.com/tomleb/nyaa/blob/c391e029eed2bee9b2713aef2de53222c072d9a5/deploy/ansible/roles/elasticsearch/files/elasticsearch_settings.yml
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/filename/1484955254849.jpg/
51.15.71.69/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nyaa.si

poor mans pantsu clone desu

>not using nyaa.si

more like. nyaa.SHIT lmao

Is there a problem with the scraper right now? Not seeing the new Alice on pantsu.

CAN'T BANTSU THE PANTSU

Pretty sure it was a 4-digit number per month by the end, it had some pretty heavy DDoS protection in front of everything after those massive attacks a year or so back.

Your single opinion is worth of all nothing, you don't have the collective knowledge of all the former mods. Not to mention I can assure you there are traces to be found of him that a government actor could work with. Also your response was basically unwarranted to begin with, my point wasn't about Nyaa, my point was that no action had ever been taken to even attempt to find the owner out. It isn't relevant how difficult it would have been.

Upon uploading their torrents for the first time, where does fansubs seed those torrents? Their personal computers? A seedbox? For how long?

>Pretty sure it was a 4-digit number per month by the end
How the fuck are pantsupoorfags going to pay for hosting their site when it becomes more popular?

Maybe the twist is just that Nyaa stopped being able to afford it as well.

Basically FFMPEG was dominated by one guy that would decide whether changes did or didn't make it into FFMPEG. A couple of people hated this guy so they created a fork, LibAV. Basically out of spite, LibAV wrote all their code on their own rather than using working code from FFMPEG whenever a change was made. Conversely, the guy who ran FFMPEG took all the code that worked from LibAV and added it to FFMPEG. This led to LibAV as a buggy mess and FFMPEG stable and powerful.

If your so inclined, here's a nice blog on the situation
blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html

camwhoring for saudi faggots with fetish for obese ugly men

>when it becomes more popular

lmao

Are you still using reddit spacing?

Oh fuck, the bald fag is back?

depends on the group
some have dedicated seedboxes
others leave it on until the next release
pretty funny

>you don't have the collective knowledge of all the former mods

I pretty much do, since we (the former mods in question) were basically brainstorming about ways to get in touch with Nyaa after his disappearance and nobody had anything helpful.

Honestly, it could be possible. I highly doubt the site was ever profitable considering the amount of advertisers over its lifetime can probably be counted with one or two hands (and mostly it was just J-List over the years) and they were all direct deals, not some ad network shit.

I've got an arrangement in place to sell my boipucci to cover costs.

pantsu btfo'd on nyaazi configs github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/commit/5bcda5c9a1a0ce75c55655fcaa07ab46ec605d9d

>Pretty sure it was a 4-digit number per month by the end
Speculation or did he say it?

HorribleSubs started creating fake show entries so the scraper would spam NyaaPantsu. So they shut it down until they can work around HorribleSubs being malicious.

Last time on /nrg/
>The cartel shitposter is banned
i.4cdn.org/g/1496008220601.png
>"El Calvo" the bald one appears
>some other shit about ads or something

I hate reruns.

Just use the HS RSS feed

don't understand shit my man

I did end up getting it from HS' site, but I'd rather support pantsu.

hint: he never ever left.

It's a bit more complicated than that because just doing that would still leave open ways that HorribleSubs could spam NyaaPantsu again. Their scraper needs to be a lot more resilient to prevent fuckery.

You can't support pantsu and watch HS at the same time. Choose one.

He rarely posts on Sup Forums though.

I'm pretty sure he gave some ballpark numbers at some point but I'm having trouble finding them from my logs. I did find this bit though:

> I've talked to the ISP and Staminus, and the price is actually worse today than it was in 2014 since the attacks have grown so damn large.
> We're talking thousands of USD.
> This is because even though their capacity has grown quite a bit, the attacks grew much faster, so they have to reserve a bunch of capacity for banking and such customers willing to pay $$$$$.
> Yeah, paying that kind of money for hobby file-sharing would be going full retard even you're OK with it.
> even if*
> ...and don't get me started on the IRS field day involved with moving funds to make sure it has enough to last a while.

And he talked a lot about negotiating prices down etc so probably the final price was somewhere between several hundreds to maybe under $2k per month at worst. (The huge DDoS attack made NT move to Netelligent with Staminus for DDoS protection.)

Can't they just scrape minglong or animetosho or something?

good thing herkz and his sjw army will spam it into oblivion before that happens

FUCK herkz and FUCK pnig

>our guy daiz has arrived
based

put your trip back on

>b-but the cartel boogeyman

>[HorriblesSubs]
>not [GJM-DDY]
kys

It's all the same shit
Wouldn't rss fuckery affect every person using it? The collateral damage would be huge.

>when it becomes more popular
ayyyy

Pantsu copied the elasticsearch configuration (which makes the search work) from nyaa.si, clashing licenses (MIT / GPL).

Nyaa.si github.com/nyaadevs/nyaa/blob/master/es_mapping.yml
Pantsu (before revert) github.com/tomleb/nyaa/blob/c391e029eed2bee9b2713aef2de53222c072d9a5/deploy/ansible/roles/elasticsearch/files/elasticsearch_settings.yml

It was reverted soon after since GPL doesn't allow copying code like that.

Well theoretically, most people's RSS feeds aren't set to grab "kissanime.ru."

who gives a fuck

You got some Daiz word pinger every time you get mention on the chans or what?

GNU/NEETs

are they gonna sue Pantsu for clashing licences?

[15:59:08] [@ewhal4] Also it's cost so much because
[15:59:31] [@ewhal4] >Get told we have a few days to migrate to a new server because fiber will be getting installed at the dc
[15:59:42] [@ewhal4] >2 hours later they cut the coaxial cable
[15:59:48] [@ewhal4] oh
[15:59:55] [@ewhal4] wrong channel
[15:59:57] [@ewhal4] but ay

>Short coaxial cables are commonly used to connect home video equipment, in ham radio setups, and in measurement electronics. While formerly common for implementing computer networks, in particular Ethernet ("thick" 10BASE5 and "thin" 10BASE2), twisted pair cables have replaced them in most applications except in the growing consumer cable modem market for broadband Internet access.

So pantsu is literally running on a home connection? Raspberry pi back stronker than ever.

software licenses can be a serious thing, user.
(plus it's funny as fuck copying cartel code, look at it, it's not even some weird black magic)

so if I have a+b in my code licensed under gpl or something, no other code can use that kind of calculation?

what's the line?

Not anymore.

this is from more than a week ago retard

You know, I've always wondered who gives a shit about licenses aside from neckbeards.

CAT5/6 that shit, dude.

>cartel shitposter banned
>immediately bald fuck appears
Really makes you think.

Sure.

Was just posted in their IRC, but okay.

>nobody knew who Nyaa was
So, an unknown person with unknown resources had 90% of all weeb media in the palm of his hand, then closed shop for unknown reasons...and successfully went rogue and will most likely never be heard from ever again.
And, fully aware of this, someone thought centralization was the right idea for the next project.
Fucking dumb weebs.

a+b is not copyrightable. It's just the sum of two numbers.

It's called GNU+freedum.

>muh mascots

It's better for the admin to be an unknown than a known bloke from Australia.

some info about the shitposter from /qa/

I promise to beat the shit out of the australian if he ever fucks up

>had 90% of all weeb media in the palm of his hand
The media is on users' computers. Torrenting is decentralized by nature.

>it's the cartel boogeyman

Oh what the fuck yeah I recognize him, that's lebanon from /d2g/

stop evading your ban cartel poster

Yeah I was explaining it to someone and realized I was posting in the wrong channel.
Happened over a week ago though.
The DC is getting a dedicated fiber connection installed.

>what is wabi-sabi
>what is mono no aware
Step it up, senpai.

>have active thread about inferior version of nyaa.si
>Wonder why you attract shitposters

If i upload a magnet link it shows unknown filesize but it's able to track seed and leeches.
If i upload a torrent file it shows filesize but it's unable to track seeds and leeches.
What am i doing wrong?

>P-please don't change IPs

cartel poster please seek help

The filesize gets scraped via our scraper after awhile.
Same with filelists and seeders/leechers/completed.

and it's just a config for es.

how did one know whether a part of code is copyrightable or not?

I might be behind, but isn't someone behind pantsu also a richfag with more money than sense? Or was that just an early rumor.

Its uniqueness. It's not difficult to see the similarity between the two configurations. Also, if they have logs where they discuss about copying the code on IRC or something.

Obviously, what is copying and what is not would ultimately be decided in a court.

>NP lost to EG
>Pantsu lost to nyaa.si

Poetry.

Yep
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/filename/1484955254849.jpg/

The current host is too retarded to edit HTML files, so there's a good chance he has more money than sense.

So theoretically I can sue everyone using calculation of a+b/2 because I'm using it in my code licensed under gpl?
Because of similarity and shit.

a+b/2 isn't even code. It's a mathematical equation. You don't have any values in it. a+b/2 doesn't evaluate to anything.

But user, the es config is literally what makes the search function. It's what fixes the k-on test and everything.
If it's "just a config", why didn't pantsu write their own? Now that they included the resolution regex it was obvious they copied code without even attribution.

For real the guy is one of the most autistic faggots I've ever seen on Sup Forums
gl getting rid of him

You know, there is a reason why GPL is called a virus license.
Welcome to the "free as in communism" world of freetards.

>working for free

>If it's "just a config"
Can you even license a config file ? I don't think so

>retreating to a dying hugbox

You pantsu guys should stop using scaleway. Also your port 80 has a nginx default landing page at 51.15.71.69/ you may want to configure that or something.

He's not even shilling for cartel, he hates anime and just loves to shitpost.

Pretty much everything you create is copyrighted automatically. You can license out your works that you have the copyright for.

x=a/b+2
There, a code.

Now I can sue anyone using any variant of that, like avg=max+min/2.

stop hacking our site, please.

do you know where this crab is from?

>Now I can sue anyone using any variant of that, like avg=max+min/2.
You can always sue. It's another thing if you can win.

At least he wont reproduce with his NEET shitposting the chans.

Oh lord, are these the people you trust to run a website? Can't even configure nginx right lmao.

While I appreciate this thread finally getting some facts right (indeed there is no cartel boogeyman after you). I like anime, just good anime, which is unfortunately only 10% (sturgeons law)

Your anime is usually garbage