What does Trump plan on doing to fix this?

What does Trump plan on doing to fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Internet_access
extremetech.com/computing/212376-comcast-admits-that-its-data-caps-are-a-business-decision-not-an-engineering-requirement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

increase the overage charge to $50/gig

You made this up

Absolutely nothing unless he can make money off of it.

>1TB, plus an additional 50GB for $10

Sounds pretty reasonable, desu.

switch to a business plan if you need that much data, you jew.

in a capitalist society the free market fixes shit like this

don't like it, dont give them your business.

the only saving grace of time warner (now spectrum)

>reasonable
>$40/1TB = $10/256GB
>$10/50GB afterwards
>reasonable

????

>GOP president
>GOP congressional majority
>conservative Supreme Court
>doing anything about it

>implying this isn't the America they want

>Free market won't let us fix it because regulation made it impossible for new startups because of costs or it's illegal to have a competing ISP in the city
Where's your god now?

>don't like it, dont give them your business.

What if they're the only option available for your house?

you don't need internet to live. move. the fuck i care.

COX SUCKERS
> they use municipal monopolies this is not free trade

more like DRUMPF

eat shit libs

>private company

found the comcast shill

Good luck with that in 2017 when having internet access and an email address are quickly becoming a basic necessity.

>1TB = 1,024GB
it's TiB and GiB

>Don't like it don't use it :^)
Fuck you

>it's another lefty complains abut trump then tells everyone to go back to Sup Forums episode

>the fuck i care.

Official motto of the GOP.

>using more than 1 TB per month
>not having verizon fios

Name 5 backstabbings trump did

Only 5?

>no wall
>ww3/syria
>being a russian puppet
>being racist
>being sexist
>being jewish
>being homophobic
>tax returns
>obumacare
>paris accord
>nafta
>being nazi

they do the same thing on my 3rd world country, I have the best isp that you can get here but still I can't use more than 300gb or they down both your downlaod and upload speed, fml

these things take time

He's still building the wall and it was a minor attack on syria

Not gonna lie, former Trump supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn.. But in all seriousness we can't let this man get the nuclear codes!

If they aren't smart enough to realize they're giving away an extra $4.80/mo to 2% of their customers then they don't deserve to be in business. Trump should shut them down.

Just think of the first TB as using the group discount with all the other customers. Overages you pay in full

Dont exist "heaviest internet users" anymore, most internet traffic are non-HTML or bots.
Auto-updating apps and Windows take a lot of data.

Nothing. Trump is a traitor who has handed huge amounts of power to a Jew by the name of Jared Kushner, who just so happens to be a family member. Jared's father was a criminal. Trump also did some major dick sucking in Israel the other day. But that's pure coincidence, goy.

No it doesn't. Why do you think the government controls stuff like electricity and water? Why do you think the FDA exists? And the FCC? It's because private industry abused these essential services. We live in the 21st century, and the internet needs to be completely government regulated as a utility, because these companies have shown themselves to be aggressive and irresponsible in their handling of internet related services. Damn them all to hell along with anyone actually defending these fat cunts.

For those of you who think what I'm suggesting is a bad thing, read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration

What did trump do in Israel?

>ww3/syria
>Russia puppet
How retarded are you?

dick sucking

He was a very good goy. He earned every shekel.

Antemetemism has no place on Sup Forums

>The trump general defended that

SAD!

>What does Trump plan on doing to fix this?
Make the 98% pay more and remove data limits for the 2%

Anti-semitism of the left strikes again. Very bigoted and hateful

Every single board here is simply an extension to Sup Forums, /mlp/ and Sup Forums. If you don't like anime, ponies, and nazis or any combination of the three, go to Sup Forums or back to tumbler/plebbit/fagbook or wherever you came from.

>98% percent
>98 percent percent

He was obviously joking you retard, lurk more.

Says the newfag

I don't care. Kill yourself.

If you can't tell obvious joking or ironic shitposting, you need to lurk more.

nice reply
upboated :^)

Stop replying to obvious shitposts you down syndrome if you want less of them

why didn't you win it for her shareblue? how did a bunch of polysci feminists get btfo by neet losers? says a lot about you gals

stay mad drumftkin

>still building the wall
>congress has told him to fuck off we're not giving you the money for the wall
hmmmmmmm

Mexico is paying for it

is it engrish no u first langage 4 u ??

>everyone who doesn't like the kike lover must be a Clinton supporter!
I hate that bitch too. The conservitards and libshits can all eat shit and die.

Supreme Court will crush your dreams for the next 40 years faggot. Stay gay

I thought the latest meme was that solar was going to pay for it

Solar power would pay itself back and it would cost less to build the wall, plus extra electricity for the US

Edgy

That's literally been proven false by everyone.

Like who?

everyone.
google nigga google

Who is this "everyone"

literally everyone nigga

nigger

I don't get it. This is completely reasonable. It's a limited and difficult to provide resource, why wouldn't they try to charge in a way that affects the heaviest users as data usage goes up?

What is with people treating internet service like some sacred cow that's too sacred to sell?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Internet_access

$10 per 256GB until 1TB seem pretty good if you also have low ping and near 0 packet loss.

>It's a limited and difficult to provide resource
Electricity? I think we've had that figured out for many many decades.
Processing power? Legitimately getting cheaper and cheaper per given unit of work per power with every generation of the technology
Storage? Refer to above

If you're arguing that wiring up five thousand ethernet connections in a big building is difficult....
>shut up and get to work slacker

You sign up to a privately owned company for a service (internet) so as long as they abide to their policies they can literally screw you if you accepted in the first place.

>This is completely reasonable.
No its fucking not, its an artificial cap they've completely made up. They do this for NO reason other than to make more money, it doesn't cost them anything beyond 1tb

You can burn through 1tb super fucking quick with streaming 1080p anything.

extremetech.com/computing/212376-comcast-admits-that-its-data-caps-are-a-business-decision-not-an-engineering-requirement

which for many ISP's is never a thing

having zero packet loss or zero throttling bullshit because of heavy internet bullshit is just a greedy way of going "nah we don't care if everyone in town is using it, our hub can't take the traffic and we don't care"

you know there is a share amount of bandwidth in a certain cable residential area?

>FCC
They were created for censorship and nothing more.

>You can burn through 1tb super fucking quick with streaming 1080p anything.
Then you pay more than people who dont cupcake, it's simple

Yea because they don't want to make it large enough to accommodate the traffic

When I worked at TWC we called it the "Yellow bus effect" where every kid at 3pm would come home from school and the internet would immediately bog down to literal dogshit slow. And from 3pm until at least 9pm the internet stayed sucky until people went to bed. The only way a customer could get around this was to pay nearly triple their bill for the same internet speed to go on a business plan so they could get put on another local hub to gain access to larger bandwidth streams. TWC never wanted to accommodate the demand ever. Now that TWC is Spectrum the AG of New York is suing Spectrum for a huge load of shit TWC did and one of the things is this where TWC refused to provide the internet speeds they advertised because they refused to upgrade their infrastructure

You're fucking retarded, it doesn't cost anything more to use more bandwidth. Its not some finite resource like water or gas you mongoloid.

How many times must this board remind people that ISPs were given tens of billions of tax dollars in the mid 90's for the sole purpose of deploying fully-fiber networks by the early 2000s?
And those ISPs just made that money disappear into profit reports with nothing to show for it?
And almost 25 years later major cities still don't have fully deployed modern networks?

so you want to give government more power to make more stupid decisions?

>They do this for NO reason other than to make more money
Duh. Why is that only a problem with internet service? Nobody gets upset when people sell expensive oranges.

Just open up your own ISP if you think the margins are so massive.

TWC deployed DOCSIS 3.0 a few years ago but didn't upgrade anyone's routers to take advantage of the new technology. They advertised newer "faster" infrastructure but charged everyone the same shit rates for the same shit speeds and it never got better.

You can't open your own ISP, you'll literally get flooded with miles of lawsuits and paperwork.

Go ahead, try to take a huge fat loan to rent out a major ISP's lines because you're not allowed to put up your own only for the ISP to upcharge you to force you out of business

>computer not plugged in

>I don't get it. This is completely reasonable. It's a limited and difficult to provide resource, why wouldn't they try to charge in a way that affects the heaviest users as data usage goes up?
>What is with people treating internet service like some sacred cow that's too sacred to sell?
You must be 10 to think a major ISP like COX doesn't have a team of MBAs constantly seeking equilibrium pricing that is much higher than the "fair" price they could provide.
How hard would you think to make a "completely reasonable" excuse to cover the money making scheme that gets you a promotion and ensures your profit sharing performs.

Like how do you think this doesn't happen? Do you even have a real job?
What do you think people do at work. Fucking christ I hate sharing a world with dumb people. If people were upset the first time they tried this then it wouldn't be happening everywhere now.

To be devil's advocate here, bandwidth does cost SOMETHING. There is an actual cost to using electricity and employing people to run the services.

It's just that physical, line based connections are ridiculously cheap per gigabyte. Something like fractions of a cent for established, paid off equipment and lines.

I never said that. If you even understood my post you'd know that the government handing things out willy nilly to big corps without protections in place is the opposite of what works. There has to be a balance between allowing greed to flourish and making sure goals are met.

>ISPs were given tens of billions of tax dollars in the mid 90's
Sure, that was a dumb fucking thing to do with tax money. What's done is done and I don't trust Trump or the next guy or the next guy to do a better job handling the internet.

>You can't open your own ISP, you'll literally get flooded with miles of lawsuits and paperwork.
First of all, nice triple 1, double 5, double 3

Second of all, you're right.

Third of all, that's my point. Do we really want trump "improving" the situation more with more laws and paperwork?

This is the irony

Cox posted higher profits last year than the year before but must be struggling SO bad they had to install caps.

>To be devil's advocate here, bandwidth does cost SOMETHING. There is an actual cost to using electricity and employing people to run the services.
The electricity cost is fucking minimal when you post 1.5 billion dollars profit after 6.4 billion in revenue

can confirm comcast does this too

You get sued for frivolous, baseless bullshit. They know you can't keep up with the paper work because you have to answer every single inquiry they throw at you and they know you can't afford a lawyer that will do all that. Its the same bullshit apple used to do where they would sue people who had trademarks on names or logos long before apple invented them but the lawsuits manifested themselves so large despite being so baseless they would throw businesses out of business.

kind of like hydro electric dams are also a waste right...

>You must be 10 to think a major ISP like COX doesn't have a team of MBAs constantly seeking equilibrium pricing that is much higher than the "fair" price they could provide.
Of course they're gonna charge as much possible. It's a reasonable equilibrium pricing for an industry with a ton of paperwork and barrier to entry. I'm not exactly sure what OP is suggesting they want trump to do to "fix" the problem.

Are you fucking retarded? He was for this and everyone told you faggots this. He wants to abolish net neutrality and allow companies to have the free reign to do shit like this.