Sofas ≠ Couches. Learn the Difference

A Sofa is something you buy in a store. A couch is something you bought off craigslist and is generally "slummy" in appearance. No furniture store on the planet has a section called "couches" You do not have to be rich to know this. You simply want to be right when you are referring objects.

Other urls found in this thread:

macys.com/shop/furniture/couches-sofas/Furniture_category/Couches & Sofas?id=35419
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a Simmons sofa from biglots. It cost me $400 total. Comfy af, works great.

Thank you for using the correct terminology. Please tell others when the situation arises.

A violin is something you buy in a store. A fiddle is something you bought off craigslist and is generally "slummy" in appearance. No music store on the planet has a section called "fiddles" You do not have to be rich to know this. You simply want to be right when you are referring objects.

I'm not well versed in musical instruments but i appreciate your thoughts on this matter and will spread that message going forward. others are welcome to share similar misuses of words.

I do not think this thread should die.

A MacBookPro is something you buy in a store. A Thinkpad is something you bought off craigslist and is generally "slummy" in appearance. No computer store on the planet has a section called "Thinkpads" You do not have to be rich to know this. You simply want to be right when you are referring objects.

This is great stuff. Let's keep this going pals.

It's actually called a chesterfield you uncultured american swine.

Wrong.
macys.com/shop/furniture/couches-sofas/Furniture_category/Couches & Sofas?id=35419

You're so wrong.

And a settee is like a sofa, but without arms.

So if I go to a store and buy a "sofa" as you call it, and then use it for a little while, then sell it on craigslist, it becomes a "couch"?
So you're saying the same piece of furniture can be both a sofa and a couch?

This was done for marketing purposes for those about to be sofa-pilled. Not one of the 206 items on the page is referred to as a "couch" kthanks

Allow me to clarify. Yes, this can happen if you were to buy a Sofa as you would and then general wear and tear occurs, the couch may need restuffing or have some stains - it can longer wear the 'sofa' crest on its nameplate. it has become a couch. same way a beautyqueen could become ugly.

Couch/Sofa

Cracker != Hacker

>Want to buy a new sofa now that some Sears stores are gonna be closing
>The cheap bastards will probably knock $50 off and call it a day
;_;

I specialize in furniture niche ecommerce. AMA

you're sofa king we todd did

Can you help with OP's question? A sofa is bought at a store. Stores do not sell items called couches.

Where did the guy selling his couch on Craiglist originally get it? Did he make it himself? Was it originally a sofa? At what point does a sofa become a couch?

Hello - see post from above: "Allow me to clarify. Yes, this can happen if you were to buy a Sofa as you would and then general wear and tear occurs, the couch may need restuffing or have some stains - it can longer wear the 'sofa' crest on its nameplate. it has become a couch. same way a beautyqueen could become ugly." If you are not low IQ, you will know when it is time and others who have taken the sofa-pill will not argue about it.

It's like people from different parts of America called soda "pop" Couch is Sofa.

No - this is incorrect. It is an etiquette thing but not in a stuffy way. It's just proper terminology. You are getting warmer in terms of the main point though.