Mom keeps filling her computer with viruses that i waste my time deleting every 3 months or whenever i come home from...

mom keeps filling her computer with viruses that i waste my time deleting every 3 months or whenever i come home from my uni. i'm thinking of installing a linux distro that looks like windows so she can't fuck it up anymore. she only opens chrome, firefox and skype anyway. what is the best distro and theme for this? i'm not a haxor linux user either, i've been only using xubuntu for a year or so. laptop is some acer shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/no-bootable-device-found-ubuntu/
distrowatch.com/table-mobile.php?distribution=pclinuxos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck you tv

Did you make her account separate from the admin one? Easy as that.

install gentoo

LXDE

mint works enough like windows. or ubuntu mate with the redmond layout

KDE is Windows like and the most polished DE on Linux right now. Unfortunately it's qt based

Why not just give her an av and don't give her admin ?

>Unfortunately it's qt based

FarenOS, comes out of the box just like windows 10, 8, 7 and has themes all the way back to like 98, that should be good

Install a proper adblocker. Removes dumb popups and adware filled installers from searches.

Did it for my tech illiterate grandfather years ago and he has had no problems other then his CMOS battery dying and fucking up the system clock/win key.

her hp printer probably keep reinfecting her

Seconding Mint
Just put a browser icon and a Skype icon in the middle of the desktop and expand them until they're comically large. Worked for me

Just give her a tablet

Just put he on an account with no admin rights.

Xandros is the closest you get

I put xubuntu on my mom's laptop without any problems

Get a Mac

Just giving you a heads up but Acer laptop are a bit annoying to deal with if you're trying to install Linux on it. You'll probably get a no bootable device error after starting up for the first time. Here's the fix for it: itsfoss.com/no-bootable-device-found-ubuntu/

But I think has the most reasonable idea.

just put linux on it

this is windows, theres always gonna be a way

Solus is the easiest to use distro and functions better than Ubuntu/Mint

Just install windows 10 enterprise and install antimalware and parental controls or get her a 2013 Macbook

PClinux os(yeah, that is the name)
distrowatch.com/table-mobile.php?distribution=pclinuxos