Home Mesh Network

I'm considering buying a Google Home Wifi Mesh kit.

I'm comparing it to the kit from Luma and the TP-Link Deco M5.

My house has three floors so I want to put one on each floor. I want a kit that I can do a hardwired back haul. So that rules out things like Amplifi HD, since its Mesh points are just wireless.

Sup Forums What do you use for Mesh?

Inb4 botnet. I use Chrome, have a Nexus phone and use all the other Google products, so they own me already. Just want to know if this is the best Mesh kit to consider.

>so they own me already
This is the saddest thing I've read all week. A true sign of a defeat of someone who has said I don't care about privacy, I enjoy being a slave to the system. You can still accept rms into your heart before it's too late user.

>They already own me

Pathetic.

You mean Google is my slave?

You can build a mesh by taking multiple routers or APs, and setting them all to the same SSID and password. Connect a Ethernet cable to a LAN port on each router. Disable DHCP server and assign a static IP address on each router. Enable DHCP on the main router.

This won't be seamless roaming, which means your connection will drop and reconnect when you move out of range of a router. Seamless roaming is proprietary. You also need a cable going to each router. You can avoid this by using WiDi if all routers support it, but that reduces your speed.

Thanks user. This is what I have now with three DDWRT routers. One as a router, and the two others acting as AP's.

Switching AP's while roaming around is what I want to fix. I don't want go the extender/repeater route, so thats why I'm looking at Mesh, so I can have multiple AP's acting as one.

Don't play dumb.

>butler does a ton of shit for you
>knows all the food you like, daily schedule, favorite TV shows the watch, sleeping habits, clothing you wear, etc
>somehow you're a slave to the butler because he knows all this

I'm a leaf, and I watched Blackberry give away access to their network whenever a Government even hinted they wanted access. So I have more trust in Google as from what I can see they have resisted government spying.

I believe in the hide in plain site model, so I do my normie stuff on Google, and the rest I can do elsewhere.

>Google resisted govt spying
>being this naive

You pay for a butler, you don't pay for Google. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. kys

>if you don't pay for the product, you are the product

Kek, good parrot. Did your daddy teach you that line?

Don't use open source software. Because you're not paying for it, you are the product!

Also don't Pirate anything, because if you Pirate something you are the product.

kill you're self

>Don't use open source software. Because you're not paying for it, you are the product!
That's a logical fallacy and you fucking know it! The philosophy behind free/libre software is completely different than proprietary/nonfree software. Stop sucking corporate dick long enough to make a coherent argument. I would strongly encourage you to read Richard Stallman's four essential user freedoms.

Sorry, if you're not paying you're the product. You said it yourself!

>you're
summer

Libre software isn't a product to be sold and marketed. Your argument is shit and you should feel bad for even trying to make that comparison.

I didn't make it, you did!

Coca-cola makes a new lemonade drink, and as part of their marketing campaign they decide to offer free lemonade drinks across the country. The purpose being to market their drinks to potential customers and gather information on said customers who may buy other drinks from them in the future. By consuming these "free" drinks, YOU are the product.

A group of lemonade enthusiasts offer free drinks across the country and donate their time and resources to the production of the drinks because they believe everyone should have access to free, high-quality lemonade. With every glass you get a copy of the recipe and are encouraged to share and modify it as you see fit. By consuming these free drinks, the product is YOURS.

I hope now you see why you're a huge colossal fgt and that your argument is absolute dog shit. You should get off this board and considering never coming back. Please kys

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to lemonade is actually glass/lemonade, or as I have recently begun calling it, glass+lemonade. Lemonade by itself is not a complete drink by itself and requires a glass for consumption.

>gets upset that his retarded phrase that he parrots every day is debunked
>finally resorts to telling the other to kys

Kek, no wonder you haven't convinced anyone to stop using Google.

You didn't debunk anything. You literally offered no counter-rebuttal to my brilliant arguments.

The only reason to use mesh
is if you want a separate LAN
on each floor.
Just buy some repeaters.
It's far cheaper than mesh and
causes fewer headaches, too.

underrated post

>I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as lemonade, is in fact, glass/lemonade, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, glass plus lemonade. Lemonade is not a fluid drink unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning glass fluid drink made useful by the glass, kiln utilities and vital quartz sand components comprising a full drink as defined by lemonade stands.
>Many drink users consume a modified version of the glass shape every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of glass which is widely used today is often called “lemonade”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the glass shape, developed by the glass project. There really is a lemonade, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the glass they use.
>Lemonade is the fluid: the shape of the glass allocates a drinks fluids to the lips or straw that you use to consume the drink. The lemonade is an essential part of drink, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete glass shape drink. Lemonade is normally used in combination with the glass shape: the whole system is basically glass with lemonade added, or glass/lemonade. All the so-called “lemonade” cups are really distributions of glass/lemonade.