/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!

IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/security-faq#TOC-Why-isn-t-passive-browser-fingerprinting-including-passive-cookies-in-Chrome-s-threat-model-
gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/commits/master
my.mixtape.moe/hysamb.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is so autistic
Just contribute to servo.

So how many logos have been made compared to work done on the actual browser?

And they keep coming.

>ntr
i c what you did there

Servo is only a research project for Mozilla. It'll never actually turn into anything.

M E M E
E
M
E

This one sucks ass and so does the one in the OP.

a thread died for this

Why are there three different repositories with three different commit histories?

>still no tarball

Fuck you.

Parts of Servo are already being implanted to Gecko...

I can't program but I'm gonna make a new logo, it's gonna be way better than the current one.

Firefox has servo code running right now you spasmoid.

Spamming the answer with the other guy won't convince anyone to make the switch.

I'm talking about Servo as a whole you mongoloid. It's primarily a research project and expecting Servo *itself* to amount to anything more than an idea factory is retarded.

The logo is good.i think it should have a change in icon when it enters night mode which should be a thing on all browsers.

Noone cares what you are using faggloid

>I don't understand how software research works

If it's being implemented in other projects it's doing its job pleb.

Why won't you people just give up? It's not like you will make anything worthwhile.

Implying you do sperglord.

But this shit won't turn into anything too, lol

>lol

>>lol

Just give up, this project will never succeed

cry bitch

oh no a fucking Sup Forums thread died, what the fuck are we gonna do? stop the goddamn presses, a poor "what smartphone to get???" thread was killed

delete re/g/g/it

So has any progress been done yet
Or is it STILL MORE circlejerking with nothing to show for it

By the way, we sorely need a good mobile browser too, that supports privacy. Firefox still works with uMatrix, there's the ESR and Icecat also works, but on mobile you literally have zero options right now.

Just run uzbl, qutebrowser, or surf in a framebuffer

Good, phoneposters should die

There is pale moon for mobiles

I'll be the ideas guy

>got called out for being stupid
>quick, resort to childish insults

Nice.

This.

Can't prevent browser fingerprinting and tracking properly on any of them (as far as I know)

Realistically, probably no browser (except Tor browser maybe?) can, see e.g.

chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/security-faq#TOC-Why-isn-t-passive-browser-fingerprinting-including-passive-cookies-in-Chrome-s-threat-model-

I'm quite positive almost nobody profiles your network access to fingerprint you. And with proper third-party script and cookie blocking, I don't know if it's even possible (except to first parties, obviously).

And there are still measures one can take. A plywood door with a bathroom lock is better than a cardboard door with no lock which is better than no door. Realistically, it's impossible to prevent someone from breaking into your house without spending millions, but you still lock your door; why? People buy and use safes, even though they too can be broken or picked open with enough effort - why?

Blocking 3rd-party scripts alone defeats most javascript-based fingerprinting. Reducing the attack surface of common vectors helps further. If I generate a new canvas ID every day, and send highly common user-agents, accept-encoding headers, available system fonts, lists of plugins, etc., it becomes significantly harder to fingerprint me. And because the vast majority of people won't bother with all of this, the vast majority of trackers won't spend money and effort tracking people like me.

A firm argument. Is illogical not to take some measures, moreover if they take little to no effort, moreover if they take little cost, that is what security is about in essence.

Also, some anons around will agree that nowadays is more about feeding less metadata to the beast.

I understand Sup Forums products are usually bad, but the backlash behind this browser is irregular. I really do feel like some of the backlash are shills

Using an alt-right symbol will really make us better than SJWfox? Is not just the same shit with a different smell?

>inb4 centrist bashing

Maybe you are too new to Sup Forums, but when the linux threads started they were full of shitposters bashing linux.

cool logo desu

the official default 404 netrunner page

how about a tray with a burger wrapper and empty fry box?

That was back when Sup Forums wasn't full of shills

>help Mozilla SJWtards with their code
AHAHAHHA

>being a phonefag
just use clover you entitled fuck

Really makes you think.

>opengl a requirement
Why not Vulkan?

Bump

Please stop with this shit, it's the laughing stock on this board...

They were here for Tox and they were here for ColverOS. It's the same old song and dance.

Go fuck yourself.

OP and devs: there are many lurkers who can't contribute but want to see this succeed. Please don't lose focus and please ignore shitty trolls and shills. They mean nothing. Good luck.

This is definitely a fucking shill post.

>not funny or cutting
>faggy use of ellipsis

Reaks of corpcuckery.

You have to add Moonman's smile to the logo

U guy knows it's already an OS named netrunner

>try posting ITT
>fill out captcha
>please copy this code
>try to copy
>can copy everything except the fucking code

What am I missing?

*distro

Gentoo too is
>a distro
>a file manager
>a penguin (cute af)

Progress report:
Yesterday I was able to make inline and block elements play together nicely. Worked today on refactoring the code that made that happen.

Included some Makefile fixes and OSX binary packaging tools. Fixed whitespace eating issue in parser. Also tried to comment more.

gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/commits/master

Also worked on the event and state system, so we can make the netcode non-blocking and enable coroutines, so net can stream to parser and parser can stream to renderer.

Just now finished make it layout correctly (before it would only layout correctly after a resize event). Still needs some clean up and then I'll commit that.

RetroTech set up an etherpad, so we can collaborate better. Gyro has been researching servo. I'm hoping to set up a trello soon.

tarball when

Looking good guys, and this is the framebuffer!

my.mixtape.moe/hysamb.zip

Linux tarball using out of date binary from gyro's build system. The version will crash on certain websites because of the bad layout logic. Best I can do until I get my linux box working again.

Let me know if you have any problems running it, first time packaging it from an OSX system for Linux.

That pic rustle my jimmies

is it white on black or vice verssa

Netrunner isn't dead !

Thanks for the binary, that pic tho.

the white spins, and then the black, so there are no solids, so no background/foreground. It's just visual candy that can't exist in the real world.

Looking good user.
>Chromium shill once again.

>Tripfag
>Broken English

How much did Google pay you to shitpost?

Great to hear updates, thanks.

This so much. Tox had a bumpy start and it ended up not just being useful but mainstream to an extent. With nothing but shitty browsers infested with SJWs, non coders and botnet, NetRunner is the savior of a browser the internet needs.

>Sup Forums is the internet
I already use Dashchan for that

Fucking this

>Net-Runner Softworks © 1994

Eyy looking good

will there be a windows version?

Yes, there was a guy on IRC trying to compile it for windows but haven't heard from him in a while. The code is intended to work on windows.

why not use webkit. im asking because i genuinely dont know why you arent using an engine

is that a browser mascot or just on the webpage?

it's a quite a pain to embed in projects and once embedded it's hard to change its behavior.

just some background tied to the browser not the page as some color/texture filler until we can get colors/backgrounds/images working.

do engines like webkit bring up any privacy concerns here or is it just a preference of your project not to use it then?

You must be kidding.

I mean, I could really appreciate this project if you made it about creating a web browser just for fun and for learning how it works, to get a glimpse of the challenges and everything...

But claiming that you'll be able to make a proper web browser that people will be able to use in their day to day lives... You just won't be able to do that.

Why would a web browser handle 404s by showing its own content?

Oh boy, here he comes.

While we're at it, Sup Forums should make a chan that isn't botnet.

Yeah, captcha fucking sucks. Isn't there a way to make non-botnet captchas that do not suck?

This browser is shit and insecure

Not as insecure as you and as shit as your mom

>We are making a web browser!
no you're not. 10 guys are making logos and 1 guy is making babby's first html parser

>what is project quantum

t. nocode

LMAO you got REKTd son!

yes

CAPTCHA: wouldn't load

kek

Shit
Shit
The best one besides pic related
Shit

if you dummies weren't building a web browser with fucking moonman as your logo i'd contribute, but I can already see where this project is going.

the actual development team is different than who ever is making these threads. The actual project doesn't have any moonman shit and the OSX build is going by "Saltasaurus". Come by the irc or discord for real up to date information about the project.

Is there an estimate on how long till it's completed?

This. Moonman did nothing wrong tho.

It'll probably be a functional barebones browser within a couple of months, but I wouldn't hold your breath if you're expecting it to be a modern standards-compliant browser that can actually render webpages made after 1995

I just want a command line browser that has image support and proper scripting features like javascript and whatever else the web uses like php. I'm not asking for a lot here.