JAVA IS DEAD

Why are people still using Java? IT IS FUCKING DEAD. THERE IS NO REASON TO USE IT. GIVE ME ONE VALID REASON.

They are forced to by the industry

Because it's still used and marketable.
Which means it's not dead.

The mainframe around the corner isn't going to program itself

To get a job?

java used by workplace becoz it is easy too maintain, and platform free

Writing once and running everywhere appeals to me. Java is also an established plarform.

last time i checked the job postings disagreed with you, NEET.

Because Android, it being a mature language and it pays very well.

It's a simple and easy to learn language that comes with a gigantic standard library and has plenty of third-party libraries.

Is there any reason to learn anything other than Python and C?

if you want a code monkey job

Kotlin will take over Android development and game development will be taken over by C# and perhaps JavaScript

>C
people still use this meme?

Let me guess, you're a R(edditor)ust shill?

the only thing I've ever needed java for was limewire

when it was installed, I disabled it in all my browsers

that being said, I know a car mechanic that has to use it because some (quite a few actually) of his car diagnostic softwares rely on java.

>C
>Python
What's your IQ, if I may ask?

Yes, because all you need in non academic settings is C++.

FUCK YOU EDGELORD

71 I think.

Some HTML can't hurt.

>Python
>C
What's your IQ, if I may ask?

No amount of your pathetic autistic screeching will change reality, friend :^)

That won't happen for at least 5 years. Kotlin support is only naive in Android O. As it is, the Kotlin plugin for Android Studio adds to compile time and APK size.

Nah, that's too high

What would you consider "alive", OP? Haskell?

You are smarter than that.

>the most used programming language
>dead

Android

don't say kotlin

>minecraft was programmed in java
>huh duh java is dead

kotlin

Are you telling me that Minecraft isn't dead?

Because Java is an established and mature platform, with a thriving ecosystem, and a plethora of free and open source libraries.

JVM, libraries, trainings and books, legacy stuff.

This now applies to most programming languages. Most popular languages run on multiple platforms.

You can program in C# with MS SQL on Linux, and windows has a Linux subsystem. now

That doesn't make Java obsolete. But there's probably a decline in popularity simply because there are more alternatives.

Java will never die, just like 10 years from now we will still be supporting shitty legacy PHP

>Be Microsoft deploy C#
>Fanboys say C# is way better Java
>Microsoft buy Java App for 2.5B
>BTFO C#

Because Android, the world's largest operating system, is married to Java.

I like Java but I hate the millions of outdated and/or shitty Java EE programs and don't even get me started on Swing

It's weird to think that Java could've actually been good if not for oracle and google.

Not any more faggot

I like it

Java isn't dead because the JVM is very high performance. Sometimes it can match C++ by making native calls and there are a million languages and tools for it. Even Python through JPython

I'm trying to build the most recent version of android
>requires Oracle Java 8

Because companies like IBM keep using it. And those companies makes a huge portion of programmers employed. So that's why. Make all those CEOs change to node and Java dies.

You're like those sperglords spouting "Flash is Dead", yet flash is one of the most widely and easiest platforms to develope shit from and deploy on desktop, web, android and ios from the same soruces.

Yeah I had a Java teacher working in IBM that ran c++ vs Java for backend and Java got the job done faster.

because I get paid too

also as far as languages go I feel I can be pretty artistic with it

>Why are people still using Java?

Because it's better than other languages.

>too
fuck now everyone is going to say that I'm underage and unemployed

Industry can't fucking wait to drop Java like a bad habit.

>java is dead
top kek

Yeah, the Java language is kinda shitty, but the JVM, the Java tools and libraries and (important for businesses) legal reasons, Java is here to stay a little longer.

Spotify is written entirely in Java

>most popular language on earth
>dead
if you want to get a job
well I guess if you don't run a java enterprise server nobody does mr Sup Forums shitposter