Laugh at Spain thread

Let's all post reasons to laugh at Spain in this thread.

Here's one: there's a book written by a Spaniard in the XVIII century called "Military-Historical reflections on why Portugal remains independent of Spain and why our wars against it usually end in disgrace, which will continue until we take other dispositions".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TD_liauvUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Both of you are fucking failures and your colonies will succeed you both.

>LITERALLY SPAIN
>LITERALLY BULL KEK

Why do you people speak english tho?why not canadian?

bull cuck*

wew

haha

>Spain
literally lmaoing at this lamo country lol

>mfw my family hates me because I have a kid in Spain I'm not raising

At least I LEAF'D them haha

Don't make fun of my dad, moortugal.

Daily reminder that the portuguese are rape babies from the moors and sand niggers. And also, Chile and Argentina have a higher HDI that Poortugal, thus making you a third world shithole. Welcome to the club.

Yeah but at least we're not Spanish.

>the portuguese are rape babies from the moors and sand niggers
Mexican education at its best

>the portuguese are rape babies from the moors and sand niggers.
So are the Spanish m8 what are you getting at

>a country with a GDP smaller than my city is trying to bully me
Toalhas are cute, CUTE!

>helping Spaniards/Portuguese

GOT CLOWNS TO THE SOUTH-WEST OF US AND JOKERS TO THE EAST

>Daily reminder that the portuguese are rape babies from the moors and sand niggers.
Yeah, and Americans are native american rape babies

The book I mentioned in the OP was written after a massive joint French/Spanish army was defeated in Portugal by starving peasant guerrillas

u w0t m8, do you have bacalhau like Portugal? Do you have great mustaches like Portugal? You better fuck off m8

I don't have the macro, but:

>Spanish invasion of Portugal (1762)

>42,000 men, including 10-12,000 French (the largest Spanish military mobilisation of the eighteenth century).
>7-8,000 Portuguese + 7,104 British

Portuguse/English men:
>very low casualties: (14 British soldiers killed in combat and 804 by disease or accidents; Portuguese losses low.)
Frogs+Jamons
>lost 25,000 men (killed by hunger, combat or disease; desertion and prisoners)

The war was over because the invaders asked for truce.

Literally 7 years after an earthquake levelled our capital and halved our GDP. These cunts lost, prompting their army to never recover and lose their colonies and be conquered by Napoleon in the following years.

>José Cornide (Spaniard), who went to Portugal in 1772 to study the reasons of the Franco-Spanish defeat, and elaborated a military report of that country: "The war against the Kingdom of Portugal…its bad outcome, and the loss of a considerable number of troops and even civilians… that were contaminated by the retreating troops (...). Merely in Galicia (about which I can speak with some knowledge) more than 60,000 people were lost as a consequence of the war of [17]62 ... whenever we adopt... the tactics of the war of 1762, the result will always be so disgraceful as then."

CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

>A Spanish force of 3,000 to 6,000 men led by O'Reilly left Chaves, and advanced towards Oporto.

>But when the Spaniards tried to cross the River Douro between Torre de Moncorvo and Vila Nova de Foz Côa, they met O’Hara and his Portuguese force of hundreds of peasants with guns and some Ordenances, helped by women and children in the hills of the southern margin (May 25).

Shit, I had no idea. Portuguese Women and children helped kill Spanish Soldiers.

do spanish hate french? i just saw goya's ghost

I'm starting to get bored of reading this one.
I'm pretty sure you have some other battles and wars to point out; I feel talking about the same 2 wars is kind off boring now.

We had 4 major wars besides independence (aljubarrota, reinstitution of independence, this one, and the French invasions).

This one is just the better one because a) we don't learn this in school at all for some reason, b) we came from a very bad place with no army, where the people were fighting literal soldiers and writing letters requesting that the soldiers were sent elsewhere because they could take care of the invaders by themselves.

The fact that it triggered the downfall of Spain is also particularly sweet.

It's not for you to enjoy, Juanito.

>We had 4 major wars besides independence
But there have been many more; and Aljubarrota wasn't a war, but a battle of the Portuguese Crisis War.
>The fact that it triggered the downfall of Spain is also particularly sweet.
Military downfall, and no, it was not the trigger.
I think I had this conversation with you like a few days ago: the failed invasion was a disaster, but it did not trigger a downfall, it was a culmination of Spanish military failures.
The "downfall", if anything, was as soon as 1640, on Rocroi, when the Tercios became obsolete and Spain had wasted too much money to renew the army -like we are doing still today, funnily enough.
I find it quite surprising that for a country that has to use military history to meme around you only seem to post Aljubarrota, the Seven-year War and the Independence War; there have been many more wars. Spice things up, man, I'm going to end up knowing the names of Aljubarrota's commanders by heart.

We don't hate them, but we dislike them a bit: they betrayed us and forced us to have a war on our soil.
From what I just read in wikipedia, it's a film based around the 1800 more or less, which explains any kind of distaste for anything frog related.
Definitely, but after many times posting the same, it loses all entertainment value.

>>We had 4 major wars besides independence
>But there have been many more; and Aljubarrota wasn't a war, but a battle of the Portuguese Crisis War.
I know that, those were the 4 major ones. The loss of independence in 1580 also applies, I guess, but we group that as a victory for the ottoman empire that killed our king and nobility.

There's not that much to chose from.

>I'm going to end up knowing the names of Aljubarrota's commanders by heart.
You only need to know the great Nuno Alvares Pereira.

Next time I'll post the battle of Castelo Rodrigo instead then.

yes you guys are much cooler than us i mean about east asians especially between south korea and japan's relationship

I do feel you about the french. Fucking cunts.

Look at this cuck.

but it's true you never even guess our tensions your countries are also much more chill and cool than us each other

Well, I don't know much about your relationships with other Asian countries, but in our case we cannot say that we are "innocent".
We almost destroyed France during the Tercio times, we were huge assholes with Portugal, tried to invade England 3 times, had a 100-year long war with the Netherlands and basically stayed at war with Italy for almost all our modern era.
While I don't like frogs and other Europeans, I cannot say they have a reason to like us either.

Spain and France are like the two kids on the play ground that got angry at each-other after picking a partner and ended up being alone.

Spain and Portugal totally were buds and totally were gonna be together but hot chick England came along so we went with them instead. Then Spain got jealous and on impulse grabbed france who's a cunt just because they hated england, then france and spain got mad and then england started treating portugal badly and now everyone hates eachother but not really, because after all it was so much fun having the world as a playground until germany came along and fucked verything up for everyone else.

Fuck germans.

stop hating mate, for me people from PT are bros and great people, at least the few i know

we have bacalao in galicia
we have moustaches on males

>Spain and Portugal totally were buds
Even during Castilla times we weren't buddies. That's a pretty contemporary thing.

Supposedly the idea was for the iberian kingdoms to manage their expansion down against the moors and then ally/merge at the end under the same King.

Except by that time 2 or 3 generations had passed and nobody wanted it.

el castilliANO

You could just go for "el espANOl"

The history of Spain:

>raped by Romans for 400 years
>raped by dune coons for 700 years
>finally get their shit together and expel dune coons
>discover a new continent and build an empire by conquering Stone Age tribes with wooden spears
>lose war after war with France and England
>go bankrupt and default on your currency about 40-50x
>your kings all keep fucking their sisters and become steadily more and more inbred
>finally have a total freakshow (Charles II) on the throne
>fight some war and have to accept a French king
>get raped by Napoleon
>Britain has to rescue you
>all your colonies declare independence
>get beaten up by the US and lose your remaining colonies
>civil war, dictatorship, poverty
>finally become democracy
>live off EU money and have 50% unemployment
And that's about everything.

Lel I was wondering what happened to you

-

you forgot the civil war

Dumb american

>Laugh at Spain thread

can we join?! pleaseeeee!!!

que cojones, ahora odio España!

>filename

kek

Lmao good meme

I love Spain cuz it helped me learn how to play EU 4 cuz of how easy it is to play as them
also EU 4 told me that Spain and Portugal are historical friends
it lied?

Could one of you please take over/be absorbed by other so that maps can look nicer.

Please.

Nah we are friends and both countries respected each others territories in the others continents. The wars between our countries its just fault of other countries

Portuguese are okay but their diaspora is the absolute worst.
Spanish are okay but fuck Cataluña.

My gf is Spanish and I secretly hate Spain and the Spanish.

Remember your allies Alberto

i love poortugal desu...why so hate, barbosa?

we are iberians bros :(

He can't get over that you raped Portugal for 60 years.

Since that was like 400 years ago, I think it's time to let it go.

is your gf prostitute in london. i wonder.
all spanish girls are protitutes in london

>be me
>be spaniard

LMAOOOO

>going to London
Why are Spaniards this dumb?

>Their best former colony is literally make up by italians descendants
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Funny, my ex gf is Spanish and I secretly hate the Spanish

That's not a thing, the prozzies here are eastern yurops. Spanish women usualy clean toilets/look after children.

>implying Chile was made up by Italians

Top kek

But they have the most normalfags out of any flag on this board?
>This is what Argentines believe
kek

>chile
>italians

pic one

Have you ever been to chile? By what measure would you call it "good"?

>He thinks he is better than Bolivia

Sudacas
u
c
i
o
s

less crime than argentina
more economic growning in the last years
safe
nice people

youtube.com/watch?v=2TD_liauvUc

Personally not, but some of my uni friends did an exchange for a few semesters and they all agreed on how unexpectedly advanced the country was. Good infrastructures and really well equipped universities. And they have the strongest economy in South America afaik, also beautiful landscapes and most places are pretty secure to walk at night. Much better than Argentina in many aspects, their Spanish accent sucks though.

i dont move to uk in my life,lad...only our lower class scum move there so meh for me, probably your gf is low-class in spain

kek

Is it possible than the Spaniards that emigrate to the UK are generally from much lower class than the ones that come to Germany? In my company there are a few Spanish engineers and they all are really high qualified and seem to come from at least upper middle class backgrounds.

i don´t know but with brexit all lower scum are moving to Germany, sorry for you

yes.because most of people that go to london they go really to learn english, not with the objetive of work and live there(nobody want lo live in UK, is a shithole,desu)

people that go to germany are basically engeneers that cant work of it in spain

Haha, no m8, they're not. They're all well educated but work in sandwich shops because the situation in Spain is so dire

P-A-G-A-F-A-N-T-A-S

hay que ser triste para ser ingles y pagarle las fantas a un española del mcdonals. pringao

>. They're all well educated but work in sandwich shops
are you spanish?

Must be sad having your country's youth emigrate en masse to more interesting and richer places lmao

No, but I work in the city of london and buy lunch from southern yuros every single day. Pic related

i don´t care my country, only my situation and spain is is noto acountry really, is not the same
fucking andalusia than for example basque country

Every Spaniard I've met in the country has a university education and they love the country. Although yes, the main reason for coming here was to learn English.

But now that they're here they've fallen in love with England and want to stay because we have better job prospects and aren't a completely failed state like Spain.

Personally I think they're mental, would rather live in Spain but there you go.

Don't bother answering him, he's a well known retard.

>en masse

literally 58.000 men in five years

kek.

>fallen in love with england

lmao, is it possible?

Have you ever been to England m8?

>Every Spaniard I've met in the country has a university education and they love the country
yes cleaning toilets and living with 4 pakis in a fucking room, yes this is quality for you.

they remember south americans in spain , is pretty the same

It's ok, we're going to have brain drain soon because of brexit. Just accept it, I can see it happening

Youth unemployment is over 40% in Spain

>Normies here dream of living in the UK to "escape from corruption" meme.
>They end up washing dishes for a minimum wage and paying high rents, and they dont barely learn any english at all because theyre surrounded by fellow inmigrants.

literally this

It's not all bad, there are lots of jobs in finance for people who can speak Spanish, and you often have comparitively good qualifications. You just need to do a bit of planning

Spaniards here usually share flats with other Spaniards.

>they've fallen in love with England

Most fall in love with the lack of responsibilities and being away from home.

England is absolutely shit tier to live in

>they dont barely learn any english at all

Pues si que aprenden poco

me pica el nabo...alguien me la rasca'?

why do you want immigration? don't defend this spanish lower class in your country, they dont work in Spain lad and steal you jobs in uk.

your*

>why do you want immigration?
I don't necessarily want it but it's outwith my control. As long as the immigrants are nice people that want to work, I don't see a problem.
>steal you jobs in uk
No one wants to be a waiter in a Spanish restaurant.

>why do you want immigration?
I don't necessarily want it but it's outwith my control. As long as the immigrants are nice people that want to work, I don't see a problem.
>steal you jobs in uk
No one wants to be a waiter in a Spanish restaurant.

>No one wants to be a waiter in a Spanish restaurant.
that is the problem, they dont wanna be waiter in spain ( although they can) and move to london...because this job in spain is from inmigrants and they dont want to do that

is that Gordon Ramsay?