Windows now includes gaming cheat detection at the system level

archive.is/jetP2

Winfags on suicide watch. We're just spying for your own good user :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2006/12/28/vista_drm_analysis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off cheater.

This is good. Sick and tired of faggot script kiddies shitting on video games.

Fuck cheater and fuck you too OP

/thread

Disabled by default and I'm pretty sure it's UWP shit only.
This gayming shit has to go, Windows was just Windows, it is an operating system which had a set of basic programs, now they want to push their GayBox shit into this OS.

PunkBuster: The Operating System

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

punkbuster but in the modern age and now for windows'... what?
What is this even going to be implemented for? Solitaire? Minesweeper? Candy Crush?

Yes, good, good goyim! Everyone knows Microsoft can be trusted and would never change your settings on the sly. Trust us!

>using spyware software suite on top of an "operating system" as your main OS

1) only for UWP games (of which there's what, 2 total?)
2) optional
literally nothing
shit thread 0/10 made me reply

There’s a whole fucking windows store full of games you dumb nigger. Forms Horizon and Forza Motorsport for example. Halo as well. Nigger.

>optional
>implying "you must enable the spyware to play online" won't become the norm

>sucking the (((microsoft))) cock this hard because vidya

>Tell the app that the spyware is working and it can fuck off

>Bonzi Buddy is optional software
>Cortana force installed on every Windows 10 PC
that is how dumb you are

Pay Microsoft to tell people you cheat at CAWADOODY.

You dumb nigger. You poor, dumb, deluded nigger. You really have no idea how deep (((their))) tentacles are in the OS now, do you? theregister.co.uk/2006/12/28/vista_drm_analysis/

this lol

winblows isnt famous for its security

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

Just don't download that upda- oh right.

Who would seriously purchase something from an online windows store? Steam and it's "you purchased a license, goy" shit is awful enough, so why fuck yourself even harder? Is it brain damage?

Only for UWP aps, so who the fuck cares.

These are all just stepping stones until MS goes full retard and only allows UWP applications.

this

its so cute how you tools think that is going to happen, your slippery slope fallacy knows no ends.

and no, that stupid basic edition of windows 10 or whatever the fuck its called is not an argument, that was the beginning and the end.

There are some exclusives

>tfw you edit the minesweeper.ini file to get top score

>hackerman.gif

You're young and naive. On early Sup Forums we used to joke about being on spied on and call anyone who took it seriously a tinfoiler. Now look at where we are.

Slippery slope isn't a fallacy anymore, and hasn't been for a while.

>early Sup Forums

fuck off you tool, you arent fooling anyone

The sooner they crash gaming the sooner I can remove their shitty OS and get on with my life

2 shekels have been deposited into your MIDF account

not an argument

>a bunch of less popular games than what the other poster listed
what was the point of this reply

>updating Wangblows past 7
>"waaaaahh why does everything suck >:_("

>your slippery slope fallacy knows no ends

Ironically, that's the whole point.

What am I fooling anyone about? There's probably archives of early Sup Forums posts around to back up what I'm saying.

Who gives a shit about MS. Get Ubuntu pleb!

try a dist that's not spyware

Ubuntu is more secure than Windows and it can do everything.

This isn't anything new though, invasive anticheats have always been a thing and at its peak with things like Punkbuster you couldn't just choose to play a game without it because every game used it. I doubt the Windows Store will get major market share when it comes to games though, this feature can safely be turned off and ignored.

>Hey, we may not have many games, but every one is filled with cheaters and griefers, so that's something! Year of the Linux desktop, amirite?

who's side are you trying to shill for?

The only game you need for Ubuntu is Necromancer!!

>/thread

HURR DURR

lel windows users don't even own their taskmonitor. They are slaves of their stupidity meme le windows corporation gud

>when you shill for the botnet so hard you say only cheaters would care about OS monitoring

In theory its a nice idea but its made my microcuck so no thank

P A I D S H I L L
A
I
D

S
H
I
L
L

>/threading your own post
The newfaggotry could not be more intense.

O Y V E Y
Y

V
E
Y

Neither of you know what the slippery slope fallacy even is.

I wonder who's behind this post

straw man argument

Fallacy fallacy

It can't game tho

it can play some games, you could also dual boot windows

This. The only people who care are cheaters.

If you're running Windows, it's pointless to pretend you had any privacy in the first place.

name one (1) copy protection scheme microsoft tried that wasn't cracked immediately

Malware authors are stoked.

>defaults to off
>only works on uwp games
Wow it's literally nothing.

A Windows 10 vendor lock-in is only bad for the ecosystem and the industry.
Fuck you.

>no cheating
>pay to win anyways

Here's the timeline bros

default off now
next update, default off but the os nudges you to enable it with notification bubbles
update after that, default on but can be disabled
update after that, default on but can be disabled if you sign up for windows insider program
update after that, default on and can be temporarily disabled
update after that, default on and need to run powershell command as admin + restart to disable
update after that, default on, can't be turned of without flashing bios
update after that, default on, can't be disabled without soldering hardware module with rotating decryption key into your motherboard

Does this effect Win10 LTSB and how is LTSB for gaming?

Go back leddit newfag

see
see

>Anonymous 10/21/17(Sat)00:49:25 No.63003105
>see
>
>
>
>see
>

>old Sup Forums
Just ask why you are a faggot

LTSB hasn't had creator's update yet (and won't until at least 2019) so it doesn't have this, and yes it is the best OS for gaming.

>now they want to push their GayBox shit into this OS
because that's all windows is good for

then the jokes became reality

>update after that, default on, can't be disabled without soldering hardware module with rotating decryption key into your motherboard
Holy fucking shit, is that something that actually exists in this current day and age?

why would it take that long for an update

I'm actually ok with this. If you cheat at games you should fucking kill yourself.

Online gaming is shit I hope something kills it so devs' will focus on quality single-player experiences.

Yeah there's no other reason for it unfortunately. If you want a workstation you'd go with osx or linux

Consider this,
when cheats/hacks/mods get patched, they inevitably get cracked.
Because the crack is vital, its kept to a limited circle of people before it inevitably gets leaked.
There are groups of dick riders that kiss ass to the right people for literally years just to be able to get access to this stuff.
When a dick rider gets access to a bypass, they go off on fuckhuge ego trips often destroying entire games.
There are good modders out there that often balance this sort of behavior out, keeping lobbies clean and enforcing no cheating policies.
Because these good ones are not in the circle that just happen have access to the crack, they are removed from the equation. There is now literally nothing standing in the way of one single group from completely obliterating a game.

The same way they can detect and remove cheating software, the same way they can detect and remove ANY FILE THEY WISH based on any political and or government motive.

>If you're running Windows, it's pointless to pretend you had any privacy in the first place.

Real:
/thread

Fucking anti-cheat useless piece of shit code is what this is.

When your OS tell you what to do and not do and when to do it.

Cucks.

It only affects games bought over the UWP store, which nobody does for many reasons

People seem to forget what slippery slope this is, and the fact that this communicates with the game servers.
It won't be long before this "optional" feature is required to connect or even run most games;

> "This game cannot run because TruePlay could not be found. Please enable TruePlay in PC Settings and try again."

Additionally this is is, as said, a very slippery slope. How long until Microsoft implements a feature like this to combat piracy instead of cheating? A built in nanny that tells you "You didn't buy this piece of software, you cannot run it". A nanny that uses services like Microsoft Games and Steam to verify, which means that game you bought years ago but didn't bother register on Steam, that you install with a CD key... you cannot run it because it's not registered anywhere and thus "pirated".
And how long until THAT feature is extended to software that hasn't been digitally signed? Oh this open source program isn't digitally signed, clearly it must be malware or pirated. Sorry you cannot run it.

It's easy to say "Lol fuck cheaters I'm okay with this" about a feature that fucks with your freedom to choose what runs on your computer, when it's about something you don't personally like. But what happens when it is something you don't personally like? Would you like other people to say "Sure, it doesn't affect me" then?

> First they came for the Cheaters, and I did not speak out—
> Because I was not a Cheater.
> Then they came for the Pirates, and I did not speak out—
> Because I was not a Pirate.
> Then they came for the Unsigned Software Developers, and I did not speak out—
> Because I don't use Unsigned Software.
> Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

>MFW it's only for F E W uwp games
Fuckin shills.

Sooo, they'll punish me for using CheatEngine in single player games as well?

>they'll punish me
How (((they))) can punish us?

Ban all your accounts from playing online if you cheat offline.

It doesn't state in the article that the system enables removal of files identified as likely to be cheats, but it wouldn't surprise me. Even without that though the idea that a piece of software can send every byte of data back to the devs with an os level api is worrying. Especially when the api in question locks you down even further by trying you to M$'s bs store. It says that it's only for games, but there doesn't seem to be anything to stop devs from utilising this for other software either.

What are false positives

>There are some exclusives
So yes, you are retarded

Would that I wasn't into PC gaming more than ever before. I just want to go back to Linux, but it's pointless when I spend most of my time in Windows.

>inb4 someone gets banned for using console commands to do something like change fov

How do you cheat offline? I'm all for VAC as long it's proven to be justified, but MS can't ban you on Volvo service and Gabe won't let then. Not even EA would go into this, really the only people supporting this would be some faggots with PC hateboner like indiefags, nips and Ubisoft.

>I use modern technology
>I can still remain completely anonymous
choose one

>Gabe won't let then
Microsoft really hates Steam and will make sure to sneak all sorts of bugs into anything Valve does.

Why are you a faggot?

How do you know all this?

>I can't remain completely anonymous in everything I do, so I shouldn't care if my OS goes out of its way to spy on me
Very nuanced view you have there, I guess I also shouldn't bother locking my doors or wearing a seatbelt because I'll never be completely protected

Because for over 5 years I did my part in protecting a community. Only the word "war" can describe what its like.
When I was around, a lobby stayed clean and nobody got crashed. the lobby would stay running for well over 12 hours under my protection.
When I wasn't around, there were times that they only lasted 5 minutes before everyone got crashed out by some asshole.