Is Tesla a meme?

>still cash flow negative
>needs taxpayer welfare to survive
>plenty of problems and customer complaints with current cars
>already shilling new products to just get investor money

I agree electric cars, and self driving cars, are the way of the future, but this just seems like one big scam company to me. Just preying off of people's love for Elon Musk, futuristic tech, and environmentalism.

Is Tesla a fucking meme brand or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

skepticalscience.com/medieval-warm-period.htm
forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/05/30/global-warming-alarmists-caught-doctoring-97-percent-consensus-claims/
forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/
npr.org/2012/02/22/147263862/climate-scientist-admits-to-lying-leaking-documents
powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/04/nasa-scientists-rebel-against-global-warming-hysteria.php
inquisitr.com/1234575/nasa-scientist-global-warming-is-nonsense/
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/world/asia/china-coal-power-plants-pollution.html?referer=https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/world/asia/china-coal-power-plants-pollution.html&grqid=9bvZH9lh&hl=en-ZA
climateparis.org/2015/11/19-year-graph-of-emissions-china-us-and-rest-of-world/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4KR4-TN-Yo
forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/10/24/yes-the-u-s-leads-all-countries-in-reducing-carbon-emissions/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/ihZ9jYPEZAENiXgWAR4I4Q/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is Tesla a meme?
Yes. BMW Master Race.

i dont use /o/, is this the apple thread equivalent there?

There is hardly any "tech" company that isn't based entirely on hype and investment bubble.

Considering that I just saw an electric car “refill” station at my local mall in bumblefuck nowhere, it’s a very lucrative and very real meme.

Yes it is, people don't understand that the global warming scam is a plan to get wealth out of the middle class and out of western countries. Electric cars aren't efficient they are overpriced garbage, that's why they have to put so much high tech stuff in the interior to give people the feeling that they are buying something revolutionary.

No, but it shilled and despised way more than it should be.

>global warming a scam
Brainlet

Jesus for a moment i thought something was wrong with Sup Forums without the usual shill comment.

IBM
Dell
Siemens

Yes, throwing gigatons upon gigatons year after year of CO2 which hasn't circulated the system for 200 million years in the span of 200 years couldn't possibly do anything.

It's not like the rate (read that word closely; rate) of warming is unprecedented in the history of the world.

>I agree electric cars, and self driving cars, are the way of the future,
They aren't, at least not in this form.

It's not like you are a shill(read that word closley; shill) and during medieval times temperatures where higher than today.

>DAMN SCIENTIST ARE ALL LYING ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING BECAUSE THEY WANT TO TURN THE POPULATION INTO AN EFFEMINATE FROG LIKE CREATURES, TO COMPLETE THE GOVERNMENTS PLAN OF REPLACING US WITH VEGETARIAN GHOULS FROM INDIA.

REMEMBER FOLKS FACTS AND PEER REVIVED DATA IS THE MARK OF BEAST. THE ONLY WAY WE CAN COMBAT THIS IS BY STAYING IN OUR BASEMENTS BROWSING POL AND ONLY EATING SUPPLEMENTS FROM THE ALEX JONES STORE. ALSO REMEMBER THAT TAP WATER IS HOMOSEXUAL.

We have had this EXACT thread word for word multiple times recently. Literally fuck off and kill yourself nigger shill.

Next argument please. I'll rip you to shreds. Come at me.
skepticalscience.com/medieval-warm-period.htm

Remember folks corruption is only a myth, organised crime doesn't exist, people are always sincere never lie, no one is interested in harming you, bad people don't exist, everyone exists to make your like better, blackmailing or threatening politicians and scientist nevef happens and you can not absolutely not buy any of them with money. We live in the best of worlds no one ever dies so don't worry, folks don't worry.

Not everyone is a loser that trolls Sup Forums literally every day like you.

i wonder what kind of alternate dimension those people live where the global warming is just a scam, man never landed on the moon and anime is real life.

must be good living in a bubble. the reality is painful.

forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/05/30/global-warming-alarmists-caught-doctoring-97-percent-consensus-claims/
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html
forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/

Electric cars are not the future
I fucking called an electric taxi once and they wanted me to wait for an hour because you need to charge that shit
Called a regular taxi, they were there in 5 minutes

No, unlike Sup Forums, /o/ isn't as brand loyal. Even the most diehard badgefags will admit their brand isn't flawless. /o/ right now can't help but be impressed by EV's insane acceleration even if they are fat and can't into range.

>he believes climategate is a thing

>how to miss the point
The post is literally word for word, it's hard to miss. Somebody is copy/pasting the same thread every day, which shouldn't be tolerated

Those are nice news articles. Any of them peer reviewed?

>how to miss the point
Posting the same thread every day allows for more individuals to see it and participate in the discussion, creating a livelier conversation with a wider variety of thoughts and inputs, which should be encouraged on a fucking forum.

npr.org/2012/02/22/147263862/climate-scientist-admits-to-lying-leaking-documents
powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/04/nasa-scientists-rebel-against-global-warming-hysteria.php
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420783/Worlds-climate-scientists-confess-Global-warming-just-QUARTER-thought--computers-got-effects-greenhouse-gases-wrong.html
inquisitr.com/1234575/nasa-scientist-global-warming-is-nonsense/

surely your comic sans graph is enough to sway even the most die hard baby boomer

Lucrative in the sense of scamming investors.

thing is building a working car production line isn't easy but nothing impossible. they might face problems but give them a few years and they will reach the others. their biggest problem is getting funded until that happens. thats where investors come in. you pay now and believe that tesla will stay alive and become incredibly competitive earning you shitloads of cash in return. its a normal gamble.

>1980's
>The earth is cooling, we're headed towards a second ice age!
>Evidence contradicts these claims.
>1990's
>The earth is heating up, we're facing global warming!
>Evidence contradicts these claims.
>2000's
>The earth is-uh...well-uh-there's a new beast; CLIMATE CHANGE!
>Evidence shows the average ocean temprature fluctuates ~0.4 degrees over the coarse of 7 years.
>SEE! Buy more fuel efficient cars, goy! Don't mind our horribly inefficient factories in China or the fact that 16 freighter ships cause more pollution than every car in the world put together!

Not to mention all the other memes that never fucking happened. All the fake predictions. Florida never went under water how they said it would happen ~25-30 years ago. The polar ice caps didn't how they said ~15-20 years ago. The hole in the ozone layer is now smaller than ever. Acid rain never became a commonplace thing, and the rainforest is growing faster than we can mow it down thanks for advancements in botanical engineering.

Basically every fucking prediction has came out false. Why believe the "climate change" meme?

>They aren't
Yes they are.

>at least not in this form
No, exactly in this form, with low-slung batteries running electric motors.

I don't know if you got the message but the hockey stick is no longer real. Little Ice Age has been re-accepted as a global phenomenon, climate is variable quite regardless of human influence in the contemporary time scale quite regardless of human influence.

>forum
You don't fucking belong here and I banish you to whence you came.

>forum, noun; a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged
You absolute ESL.

Better batteries are the key to the 22nd century. Don't dismiss what Musk is doing as a scam.

You mean peer reviewed by fucking lying scientists like with global warming.

That may or may not be true but what musk is doing is a scam either way. His only interest is getting money out of people. He's just a salesman.

>implying majority of "peer reviews" aren't just someone stamping their name in the paper so that it can get published

temperatures anomalies have been going on a centuries user. And there is a lot of evidence to back it up. Have you even read a wikipedia page on the subject ?
You should try reading a bit before spitting nonsense.

If you think ~0.4 C° over the coarse of 7 years is nothing, you clearly don't know what a ecosystem is.

I only buy German cars, all non German cars are trash

>electric and self driving are the future

Lol

Fusion powered cars when?

Calm down China, no one's trying to take your cancer blowers away.

They inflate their prices though

The entire american automotive industry needs taxpayer welfare to survive.
It's amazing how americans just don't realise that their entire economy is taxpayer welfare. Agriculture, automotive, military, aerospace, education, etc.

Ironic considering China is pouring the most money and doing the most to curve their emissions and go green relative to the size of their nation
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/world/asia/china-coal-power-plants-pollution.html?referer=https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/18/world/asia/china-coal-power-plants-pollution.html&grqid=9bvZH9lh&hl=en-ZA
>China Cancels 103 Coal Plants, Mindful of Smog and Wasted Capacity
They lost billions and ruined unemployment for thousands. They're doing more than their part.
>AlthoughChinacurrently has the world's largest installed capacity of hydro,solarand windpower, itsenergyneeds are so large that in 2015renewablesources provided just a little over 24% of its electricity generation, with most of the remainder provided by coalpowerplants.
Largest usage of renewable energy in the world
Don't fall for the Jews slander

>Ironic considering China is pouring the most money and doing the most to curve their emissions and go green relative to the size of their nation

climateparis.org/2015/11/19-year-graph-of-emissions-china-us-and-rest-of-world/

They've just joined the rest of the world on the normal, after increasing CO2 ten times faster than everyone else for over a decade. This has more to do with outsourcing drying up than anything China is doing. All the mega projects are just value signalling and internal stimulus, CO2 wise it's fucking around in the margins.

The Paris agreement is only about one thing, weakening the white world and white guild, to convince Europe and the US to take in half of Africa as "climate refugees" (ie. overpopulation refugees).

With population growth and increasing consumption CO2 is going nowhere but up, the 2008 crisis did an order of magnitude more to global CO2 output than anything the UN&co ever did.

There is no stopping CO2, not without stopping populating growth and/or killing the global economy ... or the singularity being real I guess.

>that's why they have to put so much high tech stuff in the interior

You say that giant, useless screen in Tesla cars?

Don't believe it, let natural selection get rid of your genes in a couple of generations for being this much retarded, your opinion won¡t matter

Funny how often a post starts credible then every additional line drops the poster's credibility by another magnitude.

So as SpaceX. Also IIRC the price for a BFR seat is advertised as cheap as an economy airplane seat.

> you share the same planet with these kind of retards
this is sad

>Largest usage of renewable energy in the world
There is a dirty little secret about renewable energy you won't hear literally anywhere.
They do it because it's a WTO legal way of subsidising electricity intensive industries (mainly steel and aluminium). You put in lots of renewable energy, say that your local industrial electricity has to be free X% of the time due to renewable energy surplus (all the extra costs from renewable energy are displaced to other parts of the economy). Hey presto, subsidy without the WTO daring to intervene.

The dirtiest little secret of renewable energy.

How'd the 2008 crisis affect CO2?
My point about China still stands though. They are by far doing a shit load for themselves to fix shit up relative to their size even.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4KR4-TN-Yo
This guys an ass but he's got a point. I find it hard to believe this economic class. The costs involved are insane. I have to say that's by far the biggest lie people have eaten up.

Ibm started with sucking billions out of goverment, what are you talking about?

>How'd the 2008 crisis affect CO2?
Reduced consumption->reduced production->reduced CO2 output.
>My point about China still stands though. They are by far doing a shit load for themselves to fix shit up relative to their size even.
They're only doing it as a way to subsidize their steel/aluminium industries and attract more outsourcing. It's just another strain of mercantilism, which only works when you are in front (if we all did it the economic advantages would be lost, but the disadvantages still there). A good example of what happens when you subsidize renewable energy on a massive scale without a mercantilist angle is Spain. Who is now being economically assfucked by international investors in international courts for trying to end their suicidal renewable energy schemes (ISDS, not even once).

Only hydro and mercantilist (ie. mainly aimed as indistrual subsidy) renewable energy makes sense, everything else is vastly unprofitable to the point of economic ruin. It's a luxury only countries like Norway, the US and the ME can really entertain. That's why CO2 reduction is just fucking around in the margins, it's the only thing we can do ... without destroying the global economy.

Destroying western civilization due to mass immigration would certainly accomplish destruction of the global economy though, so maybe I'm just not giving white genocide due respect ... if AGW theory and sea level rise predictions are correct, white genocide might very well be the only way to really slow it down.

I'd prefer sea levels a little higher though, western civilization will cope ... we just need higher (sea) walls.

EVs are a meme.

Enjoy wars in Africa over the ingredients.

>white genocide might very well be the only way to really slow it down.
Well... that would reduce emissions by killing the economy, but it would also kill any progress towards environmentally friendly ways of living. Nobody would give a fuck about the environment, meaning it'd be doomed.

And the human and animal suffering would greatly increase of course.

I'm not sure if I understand you properly. Chinas subsiding itself? I don't get it. Or are they getting money from other countries?
Or are the steel and aluminum companies screwing China over? Or whatever nation is subsiding them?
I'm very confused
I'm still confused. I know the UN is getting funding to help renewable blah blah.
Is this why Trump wants nothing to dude with the global warming fund? Is it really a lost cause? Or is Trump just an idiot like we're suppose to believe

They didn't really have a choice. They couldn't get Peking to have a blue sky for one day (some political theater or something, I forget) even after shutting down all nearby factories for a week or two.
Most of the improvements they saw were from industrial downturn, pic related.
As stated, they mostly use coal, like Germany. Ideally it isn't dirty ass lignite like Germany.
Also, a lot of that renewable energy comes from the Three Gorges damn, which displaced millions and caused famines. It also threatens the foundations of Shanghai. Overall, it's probably a good thing, though.

I don't think so, Chim.

forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2017/10/24/yes-the-u-s-leads-all-countries-in-reducing-carbon-emissions/

Yeah, eventually Japanese and European car companies will take over his idea. Examples will be Volkswagen, BMW, Toyota, Nissan, etc. For a better idea they'll might even go for hydrogen instead

You missed one part

>to get a 'test drive' aka you sitting in the passenger seat of the new car you need to first put a 5K (or more) deposit on it.

In a global economy by subsidising exporting industries and suppressing internal consumption you can quickly grow your economy, this is known as mercantilism (also beggar your neighbour).

Steel and aluminium for instance industries are natural export industries, thus by suppressing the industrial wholesale price of electricity they can subsidise them. Germany does the same thing. If you do this with direct subsidies the WTO will fuck you, if you do it with renewable energy you get applause (even when consumer prices for electricity go sky high at the same time, showing it's all a scam).

>Is it really a lost cause?
These are the realistic options :
- AGW is a wrong, CO2 has minor influence on temperatures.
- AGW is real, global economy crashes to make a dent in CO2 output
- AGW is real, singularity based technological progress saves us
- AGW is real, it gets hotter and sea levels rise

With current technological and economic progress and global political reality there is no way in fucking hell CO2 emissions will start decreasing. So yeah, that's a lost cause.

>For a better idea they'll might even go for hydrogen instead
Hydrogen is a bitch to store, anhydrous ammonia is currently the most efficient realistic fuel we can produce electrically. Bit nasty to work with though.

>With current technological and economic progress and global political reality there is no way in fucking hell CO2 emissions will start decreasing. So yeah, that's a lost cause

It is only a lost cause if you think it is, the problem is that people like yourself are just giving up without even trying.

>Don't bother wasting your time designing those goofy contraptions, only birds can fly stupid !
>Why are you wasting your time making that huge rocket ? Man will never go into space, its just going to blow up like all the other ones did
>stop trying to make things smaller, computers will never be smaller than a bedroom

Besides , even If we can't turn back the clock, it is better to do something about it and live with the bad consequences of our actions than to do nothing and have hellish circumstances to deal with.

>unironically asking if an Elon Musk Project is a meme

Oh I see now. Very clever...
I honestly don't believe in CO2 emissions having a significant affect on the climate. There are just to many factors and the can't even predict next weeks weather let alone anything close to climate change. They've never been close to any of their predictions and tend to end up contradicting themselves.

I hate brainlets like yourself who are incapable of differentiating between even fundamental concepts like "climate" and "weather".

Please tell me you've sterilized yourself.

It doesn't matter what you want to believe, the facts won't change, and thousands of papers have looked at all manner of factors which can influence climate and although many things help drive it the main culprit time and time again turns out to be CO2.

Just for future reference, when are tidal gauges going to show significant acceleration in water level rise? Lets say 10% faster over 30 years than the early part of the 20th century (which was before oil use grew explosively).

Give me a prediction, maybe I'll remember it at old age and get a laugh "fucking morons like that was what we destroyed our economy for".

Read the IPCC reports whose models have been consistently too conservative over the years.

Or you can shitpost on /sci/ and get your ass handed to you.

Tidal gauge acceleration, when?

I've already answered, but here:

If scientists lie, then where the fuck are you getting your information from? If scientists fuck up information, then who else is even remotely qualified to provide dat? A man who spent years in a cave and has divine knowledge from god and touches children?

I never understood this mental gymnastic. If someone who isn't a scientist and isn't in the field of climate analysis a reliable source, how are they reliable?

Assuming you are in a civilized nation, look up tidal gauge data near you, do a linear regression for the last 100 years.

That's how much worse global warming in the last 50 years, in which fossil fuel use was far greater than in the previous 50, has affected your direct environment. The consider whether it getting a little worse than that would really matter to you or yours.

Link efficiency brainlet
That's for educating me. Who'd imagine a small misunderstanding would illicit your liberal autism of 'hate for anyone who doesn't believe in my nonsense'
>unwilling to educate people
You are a part of the problem

>Link efficiency
There's nothing wrong with my link.

Then I'd have to ask, what about global climate? Surely isolated spots vary in terms of how much climate change effects each area, so wouldn't the best bet be a review of all major spots and rate of change from all areas taken into account?

I'd say looking at one city alone isn't enough to prove or disprove anything on large scale, but merely provide data on said city.

>still cash flow negative
This isn't all that crazy, Amazon reinvests nearly everything.

>needs taxpayer welfare to survive
Pulling funding wouldn't kill the company, only slow it down.

>plenty of problems and customer complaints with current cars
Yea, they have some shit to work out.

>already shilling new products to just get investor money
B2B is more profitable than B2C. The Semi is pretty much a necessity.

Stop posting retarded threads, shill.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/ihZ9jYPEZAENiXgWAR4I4Q/

Local tidal gauge data is on paper, maintained by people I trust, inherently more globally correlated than air temperatures and most importantly it backs up my gut instincts.

If AGW hasn't budged the tides near my country for the last 50 years (and it hasn't) I'll take my chances for the next 50.

Big logistics companies like C.R. England and Swift already hire Pajeet and Mohammed to drive their trucks, even if they've never driven a truck before. They will literally pay them to learn how to drive truck, including food, room, and board. You'd have to be stupid to think Tesla wouldn't cut companies like this a deal when they're already desperate for more drivers.

Sup Forums's spam detection is a fucking pile of shit, pic related.