Ted Kaczynski Was Right

Ian Reed
Ian Reed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

https://archive.org/stream/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-theUnabombersManifesto_djvu.txt

Kaczynski's new book, Anti-Tech Revolution: Why And How significantly expands on many of the points raised in his manifesto, and should be read by everyone here.

Previous thread: /g/thread/63707516#p63707516

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm
https://archive.org/stream/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-theUnabombersManifesto_djvu.txt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSECvvEW4Gc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Q6XQ26NLI
http://www.amishnews.com/amisharticles/amish_tech.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icyball
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_refrigerator
Lucas Thompson
Lucas Thompson

Does he have anything to do with the Kaczynski I'm thinking of?

Nolan Foster
Nolan Foster

Which Kaczynski are you thinking of?

Samuel Garcia
Samuel Garcia

Also his brother I guess.

Ryder Morris
Ryder Morris

Ted is the only Kaczynski you need to know about.

Tyler Ortiz
Tyler Ortiz

Is that a yes or a no?

Logan Adams
Logan Adams

Is that a savoy cabbage or an optometrist?

Samuel Thomas
Samuel Thomas

I don't understand the relevance of this.

My thoughts exactly.

Daniel Foster
Daniel Foster

I also watched the newest Luke Smith video.

Joshua King
Joshua King

what's it about?

Andrew Martinez
Andrew Martinez

Just answering question from live chat and someone asked him a question about unabomber manifesto to which he said that the first chapter is pretty good.
OP is probably the person that asked him or someone who is easily impressed.
I keep noticing the people who are now his fan base tend to be really poorly educated or never read a book in their life.
Their knowledge revolves around what is popular and what someone they admire said about the topic which is damn shame if you ask me.

Gavin Robinson
Gavin Robinson

I just don't see how is blowing up a few starbucks college kids a solution.

Jacob Morales
Jacob Morales

Every year some child discovers the anarchist essay of an american terrorist and decides its the most rad thing ever.
Since its strongly anti-technology, the best place to discuss it is Sup Forums - Technology.
And since the board is mostly made up of other kids who want advice on their smart phone or headphones purchase, or help with their homework, the threads grow rapidly and everyone gets "redpilled".

Surprised it was this late in the year, must be due to anarchism being out of fashion.

Jace Adams
Jace Adams

While your statement is correct this thread is a consequence of a video posted on youtube.
There were like 10 people asking about Ann Rand books and recommendations so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a thread about that topic in the next few days.

John Morris
John Morris

Ayn *

Oliver Peterson
Oliver Peterson

Sup Forums should be much more interested in actual philosophy of technology rather than the ramblings of a mad luddite.

Jose Hernandez
Jose Hernandez

We already have Terry Davis general.

Julian Bell
Julian Bell

Of course he's right. He's still a nutcase though.

Cameron Baker
Cameron Baker

Consider this:
You're on anime website mostly populated by burgers.

Ryan Rodriguez
Ryan Rodriguez

No, we have a TempleOS general.

Jose Lewis
Jose Lewis

Victim of mk ultra.

Carson Hall
Carson Hall

Alex Jones, please

Nicholas Wood
Nicholas Wood

comparing teddy to lying polska niggers

Liam Turner
Liam Turner

you'll still have a good time even if you don't accomplish anything

Jaxson Roberts
Jaxson Roberts

He actually was though

Levi Edwards
Levi Edwards

The only connection between him and Mk Ultra is circumstantial.

Carter King
Carter King

tl;dr

Charles Torres
Charles Torres

We did not ask Luke Smith any questions about Ted Kaczynski and nor would we. Perhaps we may not be the most educated individuals, but we know how to recognise an ad hominem attack on our character, such as yours, which does not even attempt to address the subject matter and therefore cannot be considered a rational argument. Your inaccurate assertions and false assumptions are irrelevant. We are not "fans." We do not give a fuck about popularity. If we were to do what other people were doing do you think we'd be posting on a technology board informing a whole host of hopelessly addicted technophiles that their surrogate activities are stupid, useless and suicidal or that their careers are helping to bring about the destruction of our world? We read Kaczynski's books. That's why we're here. It is you who are here not by the study of books but by watching videos and popular culture as you yourself have just admitted. Try again.

Address the arguments presented or fuck off you imbecile.

Lincoln Davis
Lincoln Davis

Who here is suggesting we do that or implying that we could? Not us.

Logan Green
Logan Green

do you realize the irony of voicing your point of view over a ching chong nip nong image board?

Henry Bailey
Henry Bailey

Welcome to Sup Forums! Stop using a trip immediately.

Austin Parker
Austin Parker

Well he's in fucking prison and I will merge with an AI before I die.

Michael Jones
Michael Jones

We are not children and it has been some time now since we first read the works of Theodore J. Kaczynski. Nor is that individual our sole influence but his argument is the most relevant to this board and that is why you're seeing it presented here. You do not know what other efforts we may be making elsewhere. I notice that you, too, are unable to counter any of his arguments and instead try to discredit those who are here presenting them to you. This is futile, pathetic and indicative of mild desperation. Consider the contents of your next response (if you dare make one) a little more carefully.

Jack Clark
Jack Clark

individualist anarcho-primitivism
Dumb as hell and dropped.

Jeremiah Martin
Jeremiah Martin

This thread, our previous thread and all of our other activities are not the consequence of us watching videos on YouTube but rather an intense dissatisfaction with contemporary civilization and its main body of citizenry. We have studied Kaczynski's published works in written format as well as the works of a great many other authors and topics and that is the basis for our being here. It is you who are here because of some live stream on YouTube, not us.

Daniel Gomez
Daniel Gomez

I pity you op.
And Luke if that's you consider finishing your studies instead shitposting on Sup Forums.

Jackson Wood
Jackson Wood

He's not mad he was and still is right. His written works are more accurate and important than anything you've ever said or done or written in your entire life. We feel able to make these assertions with a great deal of certainty. This could be a discussion about the philosophy of technology if we focused on the material in Industrial Society And Its Future instead of having to deal with a string of ad hominem attacks from somr ignorant but ever increasingly nervous and uncomfortable technophiles.

James Nelson
James Nelson

ITT: OP types in the plural third person using "we" as if it doesn't bolster the idea that he sounds like a cultist who has a big ol' hard on for some Unabomber nigger.

Owen Thompson
Owen Thompson

Whether he's a "nutcase" or not is largely irrelevant. He did what he had to do and there wasn't a great deal else he could have done. He was but one man with an incredibly limited budget, yet 40 years after he started his campaign here we still are, discussing his published material. For over 17 years he invaded the FBI's best efforts to locate him and his manhunt was the most costly in the history of that organization.

Eli Miller
Eli Miller

Irrelevant.

Isaac James
Isaac James

To what extent Murray's rather unethical psychological experiment influenced Kaczynski's later actions is very difficult to ascertain. It may have been substantially, or it may not.

Camden Foster
Camden Foster

We pity you, too. No we are not Luke Smith.

James Hall
James Hall

There is more than one of us and that is why we denote ourselves with the plural. As we've already addressed several times, it's not the actions Kaczynski undertook to draw attention to his manifesto that are of interest and concern to us, but the manifesto and his subsequent written works themselves. What he wrote is of far more importance than what he did in our opinion.

Joshua Davis
Joshua Davis

What irony? There is none.

Xavier Johnson
Xavier Johnson

not knowing the difference between a tripfag and a namefag
I'm not using a trip.

Julian King
Julian King

I'm
What happened to "we"?

Colton Howard
Colton Howard

Unfortunately it's absolutely necessary. Industrial civilization is unsustainable and must be destroyed instead of being allowed to run its course and collapse after depleting the world's resources and rendering the majority of it uninhabitable. There is no other way. It has to be brought down.

Julian Jenkins
Julian Jenkins

What does it matter?

Ryder Campbell
Ryder Campbell

We though we were united.

Gabriel Cooper
Gabriel Cooper

In the context of the reply in question it's irrelevant which personal pronoun was used. If the implication is that there is only one person posting under the name of (FC) than that implication would be incorrect. If this thread isn't enough evidence of that see the previous one which was linked in the opening post.

Do you have anything relevant to put forward about Industrial Society And Its Future or any of there arguments presented therein?

Connor Barnes
Connor Barnes

made us think user.

Julian Wood
Julian Wood

being an anarchy-primitivist

admirable, but it's ahistorical. Ted will be looked back by history as a weirdo outcast like Charles Manson.

Parker Lewis
Parker Lewis

That's all we ask of anyone (for now), that they at least think. Did you read it all?

Angel Campbell
Angel Campbell

Kaczyinski will not be looked back upon by anyone at all if industrial civilization is allowed to continue, but even if he was; it matters not at all if he was considered "weird" or an "outcast" because that's irrelevant. His arguments presented in his written work are valid and important. If they were not, but Ted was an outgoing and successful socialite what would your argument be then? It's nonsense.

Parker Walker
Parker Walker

Sup Forums BtfO lmao

Asher Garcia
Asher Garcia

Paragraph 68 is where I think it's most clear why Ted's ideas will never become mainstream. At the end of the day, people have created technology and the social structures we see today to make people's lives "better", and the majority of people have bought into that. Yes, the totalitarian left, environmental issues, and psychological ailments of our time are bad, but people are not going to give up refrigerators, supermarkets, or hospitals. Was Ted right? Was he suggesting a better style of life and society? Perhaps, but people are not going to go along with it, myself included. Cool links OP.

Matthew Mitchell
Matthew Mitchell

Unfortunately you are mostly correct. There are, however, a growing number of individuals and groups so dissatisfied or even outright appalled by contemporary civilization that they are willing to sacrifice the many luxuries it affords us and walk away. There are even those, we believe, who are willing to take matters even further than that.

Zachary Moore
Zachary Moore

Humans will adapt to being connected 24/7, if it makes you depressed and suicidal you have shit genetics or you are doing something wrong like not eating right and maintaining physical fitness.

Samuel Thomas
Samuel Thomas

216. Some leftists may seem to oppose technology, but they will oppose it only so long as they are outsiders and the technological system is controlled by non-leftists. If leftism ever becomes dominant in society, so that the technological system becomes a tool in the hands of leftists, they will enthusiastically use it and promote its growth. In doing this they will be repeating a pattern that leftism has shown again and again in the past. When the Bolsheviks in Russia were outsiders, they vigorously opposed censorship and the secret police, they advocated self-determination for ethnic minorities, and so forth; but as soon as they came into power themselves, they imposed a tighter censorship and created a more ruthless secret police than any that had existed under the tsars, and they oppressed ethnic minorities at least as much as the tsars had done. In the United States, a couple of decades ago when leftists were a minority in our universities, leftist professors were vigorous proponents of academic freedom, but today, in those of our universities where leftists have become dominant, they have shown themselves ready to take away from everyone else’s academic freedom. (This is “political correctness.”) The same will happen with leftists and technology: They will use it to oppress everyone else if they ever get it under their own control.

Oh my God, look at Google and Facebook. This paragraph especially is spot-on.

Christopher Scott
Christopher Scott

We did not suggest that any permanent connection makes us "depressed" or "suicidal" we made the statement that the industrial society that enables this "24/7 connection" you so narrowmindedly and quite inexplicably singled out is itself suicidal and unsustainable. Please stop cramming your already overloaded brain with cartoons and other such nonsense and then maybe you would be capable of following a conversation and participating in it with the required amount of comprehension.

Jackson Kelly
Jackson Kelly

this faggot again
go live in woods if you want

Josiah Morris
Josiah Morris

It certainly is, isn't it? It's worth noting that this manifesto was completed no later than 1995. Had you read the entire work up until that paragraph? If you did, what do you think of the rest of it? We feel that there is not much of an argument to be made against the vast majority of what is written.

John Bell
John Bell

Not only this nigger (and all his followers) isn't actually redpilled at all, he is probably more bluepilled than the average normie.

Taking the red pill means seeing the truth, not building another fantasy world.

Alexander Green
Alexander Green

What makes you think I don't already? Do you have any argument against the manifesto we present for discussion? No? Fuck off then.

Kevin Perez
Kevin Perez

Not really contributing to the discussion but a band I enjoy wrote a song about Ted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSECvvEW4Gc

Henry Robinson
Henry Robinson

To be honest, he makes some very good points, but it seems to me that what he is (rightly) attacking is most of all LEFTISM, not technology. I disagree with him on the fact that technology is inherently bad, but I do agree that it's being abused to promote cultural marxism. In short, I don't think technology itself is the problem, it's the use that corporations and governments make of it that is bad.

Austin Rogers
Austin Rogers

We are not interested in terminology such as "red pill" or "blue pill." What we would be interested in is hearing your reasoning as to why you would consider us "bluepilled," and yourself to be this "redpilled" and all enlightened knower of the ultimate truth. Your statement is meaningless nonsense if you cannot elaborate and present your argument. We will be waiting.

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

Ted wasn't limp wristed faggot like you that posted shitty threads on Chinese carpentry forum
stop using internet, it's product of civilization that you hate

Aiden Rogers
Aiden Rogers

The distinction needs to be made that Kaczynski wasn't arguing against all forms of technology as he is frequently misinterpreted and misconceived as doing. He distinguished between two different types, which he refers to as "small scale technology" and "organization-dependent" technology (see paragraphs 2017-212 under the subheading TWO KINDS OF TECHNOLOGY). The second of these, which is afforded to us by large scale industrialization of civilization, is what he is attacking and (correctly, in our opinion) identifying as the principle threat and the sole target of his revolution.

Make no mistake about it, although he does devote a a lot of space to attacking leftism, he makes himself abundantly clear his primary target is industrial society and its organizational-dependent technology, of which leftism he believes is just a symptom.

Henry Ross
Henry Ross

*paragraphs 207-212

Sorry.

Lucas Long
Lucas Long

We don't "hate" civilization and we don't "hate" what Kaczynski labeled organizational-dependent technology. How many times do we have to repeat ourselves? It is necessary to campaign against it because it is unsustainable. It needs to be taken down before its devastating and cataclysmic repercussions can truly be felt.

And like we have already stated, we allow ourselves the use of arganization-dependent technology within industrial society if it is used solely to attack that society and technology. What is there not to understand?

Mason Nguyen
Mason Nguyen

you forgot the part where cuckflix made a show about him
but he is/was right
he was just imcomplete

Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott

I know you haven't made the accusation, but after reading this thread do we honestly sound like the sort of people who watch Netflix?

Luke Torres
Luke Torres

I torrent for research purposes
but newfags abound regardless

Hunter Taylor
Hunter Taylor

Is this copypasta, or is the OP really so addled in the head?

It's jumping to conclusions for you to say that a person who didn't form an argument is "unable" to. Then you go on to call it "mild desperation" when the person you're replying to is clearly just jaded and dismissive.

Actually, skimming your other posts in this thread, you positively reek of desperation and impotent frustration. Maybe take a break, user.

Cooper Ross
Cooper Ross

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argumentative strategy whereby an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Do you have anything else?

Aiden Cruz
Aiden Cruz

So you're addled in the head then. Gotcha.

Chase Bell
Chase Bell

So you're incapable of formulating an argument then. "Gotcha."

Jaxson Perez
Jaxson Perez

And Gentooman threads

Gabriel Taylor
Gabriel Taylor

Teddy will be looked back as a Saint along with Breivik in the future canon.

Carter Young
Carter Young

it's ahistorical
What did 63734037 mean by this?

Jackson Flores
Jackson Flores

Kurwa nie!

Isaac Butler
Isaac Butler

being connected 24/7
physically fit and eating right

pick one

Kayden Butler
Kayden Butler

Leftism is the symptom of the human condition.

Gabriel Nelson
Gabriel Nelson

Yeah, I did read about it, and the example of Ancient Roman aqueducts is very good at explaining this distinction. However, that example also highlights, in my opinion, how even large-scale technology can be used well without "corrupting" society and people. Yes, that technology was lost with the fall of the Empire, but it was because the main entity that kept it "alive" was no longer.

I think the manifesto is overall a very interesting read and many of his criticisms are valid, however I cannot say I completely agree with him. As I said before, he seems to me to be mostly targeting the USES of large-scale (as you correctly pointed out) technology, rather than technology itself. However, he also seems to put the blame on the latter, which is in my opinion incorrect.

All technology, even large-scale technology, is a tool. Every tool can be used for good and for evil. And most of our institutions definitely aren't using it for good.

I have to politely disagree and say that leftism is, in my opinion, the cause, not a symptom, of the current state of (large-scale) technology.
In other words, Ted's manifesto contains solid arguments, but it's attacking the wrong enemy. This is my overall opinion on the manifesto.

Juan Stewart
Juan Stewart

was right
killed people
Yeah. No.

Isaiah Hill
Isaiah Hill

i remember someone saying ellul's "the technological society" was just a better isaif. that person also said something about ted being better in some portion of one of his other books.

Ayden Edwards
Ayden Edwards

Our apologies, he does make that connection too. It's modern leftism that he considers a symptom of the disruption caused by industrial civilization and large scale-organization dependent technologies. But he also considers those to stem from the human condition too.

Jason Morgan
Jason Morgan

Thank you for your reasonably and well presented argument, user. You're one of the very few so far who've been able to do that ITT. We're not ignoring you, and will be back shortly to answer your post.

Gavin Myers
Gavin Myers

There is no other way
Yes there is. We will go into space, turn ourselves into robots, destroy the earth for the minerals and the sun for energy, and then expand throughout the universe, feasting on the stars.

Dylan Clark
Dylan Clark

imagine being such a hardcore LARPer like OP

Hunter Lopez
Hunter Lopez

That person did not read Ellul. Ellul's critique is very different from Ted's. Ellul has all sorts of concerns about responsibility and sacredness which are absent from Ted's Neitzchean view of humanity as a bunch of beings each desiring more power.

William Brown
William Brown

good thread

Lincoln Robinson
Lincoln Robinson

216. Some leftists may seem to oppose technology, but they will oppose it only so long as they are outsiders and the technological system is controlled by non-leftists. If leftism ever becomes dominant in society, so that the technological system becomes a tool in the hands of leftists, they will enthusiastically use it and promote its growth. In doing this they will be repeating a pattern that leftism has shown again and again in the past. When the Bolsheviks in Russia were outsiders, they vigorously opposed censorship and the secret police, they advocated self-determination for ethnic minorities, and so forth; but as soon as they came into power themselves, they imposed a tighter censorship and created a more ruthless secret police than any that had existed under the tsars, and they oppressed ethnic minorities at least as much as the tsars had done. In the United States, a couple of decades ago when leftists were a minority in our universities, leftist professors were vigorous proponents of academic freedom, but today, in those of our universities where leftists have become dominant, they have shown themselves ready to take away from everyone else’s academic freedom. (This is “political correctness.”) The same will happen with leftists and technology: They will use it to oppress everyone else if they ever get it under their own control.`

Justin Rivera
Justin Rivera

Thanks fbi

Joshua Allen
Joshua Allen

How is PayPal any more a part of the botnet than a debit/credit card?

Elijah Jenkins
Elijah Jenkins

how come he didn't get executed? just cause he fessed up? didn't timmy fess up as well?

Connor Long
Connor Long

Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be hugging trees somewhere instead of using the oh-so-harmful technology to shit up shit board?

Liam Taylor
Liam Taylor

the example of Ancient Roman aqueducts is very good at explaining this distinction. However, that example also highlights, in my opinion, how even large-scale technology can be used well without "corrupting" society and people.
Large scale organizational-dependent technologies most certainly could potentially be used without corrupting societies, we agree with you there, but they never are. For this we do not blame the technologies themselves, but the industrial societies of which they are a part. Large scale organizationally-dependent technologies do not exist entirely of themselves. In order for them to be built in the first place a certain level of civilization must be reached. Once they are built, the civilization that built and subsequently maintains them changes itself due to the increased income of resources afforded by these inventions. The technology (or tool, as it could be termed) isn't necessarily the cause of the decadence and downfall, but it certainly helps to much more rapidly facilitate them.

As I said before, he seems to me to be mostly targeting the USES of large-scale (as you correctly pointed out) technology, rather than technology itself. However, he also seems to put the blame on the latter, which is in my opinion incorrect.

The technology does what it's designed to do (or in some cases extra usages can be found). We could use again the aqueducts of the Roman Empire as an example. It's what that society then does with the free time it has gained by having its water channeled directly to it. It's what that society does once it inevitably grows unsustainably larger as a result. As Kaczynsky points out in his new book, self-propagating power systems within civilizations always gravitate straight towards consuming every available resource afforded them by technological advancements before hungrily demanding and then creating more after it has grown (unsustainably) beyond what it already has. They will always do this.

(cont)

Christopher Turner
Christopher Turner

we must destroy society because non-whites and faggots can't behave themselves
No thanks kike. I'd be glad to see you hung from a lamppost though.

Grayson Howard
Grayson Howard

You must be 18 to post on this site, faggot.

Jaxson Hernandez
Jaxson Hernandez

All technology, even large-scale technology, is a tool. Every tool can be used for good and for evil. And most of our institutions definitely aren't using it for good.
Of course. But moving away now from ancient historical examples on to the present, these tools still do not exist in and of themselves. In our case it isn’t just the technologies themselves that threaten us (which they still seriously do) but what resources and unsustainable waste and pollution is necessary for their very creation in the first place, in concurrence with the decadence, depravity, hedonism and complacency that they inevitably result in in the civilizations that benefit from them. Tools upon tools upon tools upon tools upon tools are necessary. We do not just have one tool that we can use either for good or for ill. Then we have the inherent difficulties in defining “good” and “bad” and “ill.” What we have here is a serious disaster of a mess. It’s out of control. We’re out of control. It has to stop. However much denial or distraction we can muster up to disguise this fact will not shield us or future generations from the utter destruction we and our preceding generations have wrought upon ourselves.

There can be no reforming of the industrial-technological civilization. Not now. It has to be destroyed. Ted Kaczynski was right.

Dylan Green
Dylan Green

Yes there is. We will go into space, turn ourselves into robots, destroy the earth for the minerals and the sun for energy, and then expand throughout the universe, feasting on the stars.
We will destroy the earth for minerals before we make it truly out amongst the stars unless we kill a very significant majority of our current population or develop within the next year some radically advanced energy and propulsion systems. We too used to be dreamers influenced by Roddenberry. Now we are realists influenced by the cold, hard reality of our situation.

Luis Smith
Luis Smith

One could argue that every historical figure who's ever achieved anything or attempted to achieve anything was merely "LARPing," some of them where just more convincing than others. Could the same be said for anyone or anything that has ever lived? That's a question for another thread, maybe.

Michael Watson
Michael Watson

Fucking APT. May we please save that and reuse it? We will do so with or without your permission.

Isaiah Anderson
Isaiah Anderson

Good question. Cowardice we can assure you was not at play whatsoever in this case. He had to take life imprisonment to avoid the insanity plea his defense lawyers were trying for against his will, which could potentially have invalidated his arguments. There is much more to it than that which we would be very grateful if someone could list for us in this thread.

Isaiah Bell
Isaiah Bell

OK, that was interesting and all, along with his writings on "why the technological system will destroy itself"

So he's obviously very concerned with the potential (or inevitability) of technology posing a threat to long-term human survival, but where does this leave us in the face of the inevitable natural disasters that would be sure to wipe out pre-industrial societies, such as an asteroid impact, or the Sun turning into a red dwarf?

How can humanity prolong its existence if we restrict ourselves to small-scale technology and never leave the planet?

Benjamin Green
Benjamin Green

Read this thread and the previous one linked in the opening post if you want an answer.

John Thomas
John Thomas

Likewise.

Every single one of us is older than that requirement.

Jordan Parker
Jordan Parker

We will address this. Soon. Something interesting and quite unforeseen has just occurred.

Kevin Bell
Kevin Bell

kek, I'm surprised this wasn't addressed early on in the first thread

Justin Sanchez
Justin Sanchez

Surprised this wasn't posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Q6XQ26NLI

This documentary as a whole is crushing when you realize what's been happening the last half-century

Hunter Russell
Hunter Russell

ive really got to read his manifesto.
theres a lot i agree with, and some things ive thought of before that he describes better then i can.

Josiah Martinez
Josiah Martinez

Re: 207-212

Even the Amish build refrigerators when they put the effort into it, yet they have for the most part remained pre-industrial, and would still be able to revert to traditional preservatives and ice boxes if the technology was somehow lost.

To me the problem with today's industrial societies is that of a lack of discipline and foresight into how technology should be used, not necessarily the technology in of itself. Instead of unthinkingly embracing technology, we should heavily scrutinise it before allowing it into our lives. Unfortunately, I have my doubts that a secular community could manage it as dogma which is ultimately derived from logic rarely carries the memetic potential of that which comes from religion.

Logan Hill
Logan Hill

Even the Amish build refrigerators when they put the effort into it
not doubting you mate but are you sure about that? sources please.

Jason Hughes
Jason Hughes

Ayden Richardson
Ayden Richardson

Is the cessation of advancement in regards to large-scale organization and cooperation freedom from the endless cycle of construction and degeneration of societies or is it acquiescence to the impossibility of taming the human condition?

Brayden Adams
Brayden Adams

thats not the amish building refrigerators from scratch like the unabomber said about in the paragraphs 207-212. theyre using fridges built by our society powered by gas from our society. unabomber said about building them from scratch after our society is gone. not the same thing mate

Josiah Thomas
Josiah Thomas

Wrong link, but what I had seen them using before was similar to this and made by village ironworkers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icyball

This also looks simple enough to make with pre-industrial technology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_refrigerator

Adam Jones
Adam Jones

WEW LAD
bet u nobody will dare answer this one

Nathan Johnson
Nathan Johnson

One of the best questions asked in all Kaczynski threads so far. Where you at (FC)? Can you answer that? user who asked this, what do you think the answer might be?

Jordan Baker
Jordan Baker

Where you at (FC)?
He got stumped by

Chase Martinez
Chase Martinez

bump

James Ramirez
James Ramirez

There is no reason to preserve organic life. We must summon our AI god to surpass us.

Oliver Cook
Oliver Cook

bump

Christopher Gonzalez
Christopher Gonzalez

Is the cessation of advancement of large-scale organization and freedom from the endless cycle of construction and destruction of societies; or is it acquiescence to the impossibility of taming the human condition?

Is this what you meant? Your meaning was unclear and several quantifies seemed to be misused in your original post

Jacob Evans
Jacob Evans

Is it the cessation of the advancement of large-scale organization and freedom from the endless cycle of construction and destruction of societies; or is it acquiescence to the impossibility of taming the human condition?
Is this what you meant? Your meaning was unclear and several quantifiers seemed to be misused in your original post

Fuck I need sleep. Be back later to discuss. Great thread, keep it bumped

Samuel Diaz
Samuel Diaz

Hey this technology and over dependance on machines is killing our society
Let me blow up some people to make a point

For a Mathematical prodigy he sure was a dumb fuck

Leo Miller
Leo Miller

How is it dumb? What could he have done instead that would have had a greater impact?

Justin Mitchell
Justin Mitchell

Written books, given lectures, interviews, articles.

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

Kaczynski is based because hes against cuckstianity and a pro pagan

Wyatt Lewis
Wyatt Lewis

"Given a person who devotes much time and energy to the pursuit of goal X, ask yourself this: If he had to devote most of his time and energy to satisfying his biological needs, and if that effort required him to use his physical and mental faculties in a varied and interesting way, would he feel seriously deprived because he did not attain goal X? If the answer is no, then the person’s pursuit of goal X is a surrogate activity. Hirohito’s studies in marine biology clearly constituted a surrogate activity, since it is pretty certain that if Hirohito had had to spend his time working at interesting non-scientific tasks in order to obtain the necessities of life, he would not have felt deprived because he didn’t know all about the anatomy and life-cycles of marine animals."

The problem with this, is that is assumes that devoting one's time and energy to their biological needs can actually be made "varied and interesting". Picking fruit, hunting, and cooking aren't for everyone, and even people in primitive societies wind up performing "surrogate activities", such as sports, art, or needlessly expanding their territory when their needs are already met.

Kevin Collins
Kevin Collins

We're waiting OP

Jaxson Green
Jaxson Green

Kaczynski is based because hes against cuckstianity and a pro pagan

Jaxson Young
Jaxson Young

New book? He made a new one?

Jason Wood
Jason Wood

Once we get self replicating 3d printing at microscopic scale this argument will be dead.

Jaxon Harris
Jaxon Harris

How can I join your group and live in the woods with you? I 100% believe that the modern world was a mistake. Although not only for Ted reasons but also spiritual ones. I believe getting accustomed to technological comfort is making us weak to the point of preventing us to grow stronger as individuals and species.

Zachary Parker
Zachary Parker

Anti-Tech Revolution: Why And How
this is probably the worst question to ask, but anybody got an epub link to this or his original manifesto?

Julian Carter
Julian Carter

desire to know more intensifies

Elijah Watson
Elijah Watson

/his/

Grayson Thomas
Grayson Thomas

Read Nick Land.

Dominic Perez
Dominic Perez

What's the point of us evolving into humans if we are going to live basically like animals? It's a waste of intellect. Progressing technology and gaining knowledge of the universe is the goal of humanity. Not being happy.

Jack Long
Jack Long

gaining knowledge of the universe is the goal of humanity

Evan Scott
Evan Scott

Great counter argument.

Nathaniel Taylor
Nathaniel Taylor

Why would anyone care if the earth is destroyed in the future? Do you want to live that long? Do you care about your offspring that much?

Ryan Clark
Ryan Clark

It should be at your local library. If it isn’t, ask for an inter library loan. I’m sure you’ll be put on some watchlist for it. It’s probably on amazon too.

Adrian Mitchell
Adrian Mitchell

This might be a shock, but some people aren’t nihilistic

Jaxon Wilson
Jaxon Wilson

so what does he purpose someone like me who dislikes people and would rather play single olayer games do instead?

Dylan Hughes
Dylan Hughes

I don't mean the metaphoric earth of the environment, I mean actually blow up the planet to get at the minerals in the core.

Dylan Jenkins
Dylan Jenkins

considering the feds disposed of all the records once caught, this isn't much of an argument

Tyler Lee
Tyler Lee

duh

Isaiah Morales
Isaiah Morales

This popped up around summer as well. It's been twice this year.

Blake Green
Blake Green

Did you post nudes of yourself on Sup Forums because some asian bitch dumped you? Then cried about being an alcoholic over a korean bitch on Sup Forums?

Joshua Thomas
Joshua Thomas

Good thread.

Matthew Scott
Matthew Scott

Honest to goodness question:

Does software engineering do anything for you? Like, writing your own software and maintaining it on GitHub where people might use it? Specifically, I'm wondering if abstracting your contact with people using the internet as a buffer is sufficient, or if you solely just want to consume content 24/7

Owen Adams
Owen Adams

i solely just want to consume content when off of work i want as little human contact as possible

Caleb Gonzalez
Caleb Gonzalez

What if you didn't have to work? Or is that concept something that you've had so little real world exposure to, (multiweek vacations, paid sabbaticals, etc.), that you're not sure how you would handle yourself with that time?

Juan Baker
Juan Baker

im fairly certain i would simply spend the entire time playing games and running videos on my second screen

Joshua Butler
Joshua Butler

Ted wasn't even an anarcho-primitivist and he didn't think technology is not needed. What he's against is system creating technologies where you create a system of producing technology for the sake of it and profit. There's a difference between a mechanic creating his own tractor to aid a farmer in plowing the field versus creating this vast system of factories to create cell phones and computers so people can just game on them all day all in the name of profit.

Cooper Flores
Cooper Flores

So much samefagging in this thread, it really is embarrassing.

Jason Jones
Jason Jones

I keep noticing the people who are now his fan base tend to be really poorly educated or never read a book in their life

Don't...seriously.

Andrew Garcia
Andrew Garcia

their surrogate activities are stupid
implying you can't go through the power process through electronic and/or computer DIY related things, it could be argued that it provides one of the most powerful power processes available

Are you literally retarded?

Daniel Wright
Daniel Wright

being so soyboyish that you need constant connection to others
talking shit about genetics and physical fitness

Smelly, dumb, yellow fever scum.

Landon Wright
Landon Wright

Is that why leftism as of today didn't exist for about 1900 years after christ? Or why it didn't exist for millions of years beforehand?

That must be why it needed to turn upside down all classical values and subvert society as a whole, have full on brainwash since birth on the population, exploiting the human psyche through the ill intentioned use of psychology, and constant media propaganda worth trillions of currency to be mainstream, because it's inherent to the human condition.

Thank you for enlightening me, gentlexir.

Julian Evans
Julian Evans

omgz guise u cant kill any1 my mommy told me!
if u kill u cant be right!

Reminder to drop soy and phytoestrogens or you'll end up as this guy.

Ryan Ward
Ryan Ward

careful not to cut yourself

Owen Jackson
Owen Jackson

Ah yes, a classic, le edgy meme. Let's ignore the fact that thinking that killing a person can change whether you're right or wrong is literally (not figuratively) retarded. Sorry but not even women are this deep in estrogen. See pic here for details

But I'll humor you. So, if I claim 2+2=4, and then kill a person, I was/am wrong?

Leo Rivera
Leo Rivera

what a clown

Ryan Rivera
Ryan Rivera

uh, uhmmm, aaaaah, u-ur'e clown ;_;
At least you realized you are retarded and had to reply inane shit out of butthurt, congratulations. Don't forget to open your mouth every time you're taking a selfie.

Carson Adams
Carson Adams

No, he was absolutely incorrect about everything.
Technology is fundamentally the essence of man. Development of it is his telos. Technology is what differentiates us from other animals. It's our niche, in much the same way it's a bird's niche to fly. Man has no claws to hunt, therefore he must develop weaponry. That starts st stone tools and ends with nuclear weapons (at least thus far).
If human beings ought not to pursue technological development, we may as well just not exist and go extinct.

Connor Sullivan
Connor Sullivan

uses technology to try to spread his cool opinions
thereby drawing attention to the fact that technology is actually pretty useful
thereby drawing attention to the fact that his opinions are dumb
not irony
You don't understand what "irony" means, kiddo.

Sebastian Powell
Sebastian Powell

Not him, but if you have to kill people to convince everybody that 2+2=4, maybe your proof for 2+2=4 isn't particularly convincing.

Evan Peterson
Evan Peterson

See the original post I was refering to It implies these things are mutually exclusive, and being the generous man I am, I had to make him aware of his probable extra chromosome.

Liam Perry
Liam Perry

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
Yes i'm sure having most of your kids die, having to work 12+ hours in a field, Get whipped if you dont deliver enough grain to your lord and then die anyways from some bloody war only to have your wife raped and sons killed.

Struggling to survive day-to-day is what makes people happy.
Which he takes completely out of his ass. This is what leads to damaged, antisocial and violent people.

The analysis of leftism is correct but very limited in scope and not comprehensive at all.

The rest is retarded. Not only will destroying all the technology kill most people, some group somewhere will not destroy their technology and proceed to rule all the others.

What happened is that master morality lost ww2, and slave morality (socialism) won both ww2 and the cold war.

Jack Jenkins
Jack Jenkins

master morality lost ww2
no morality is master morality
Interesting opinion.

Cameron Walker
Cameron Walker

Yes i'm sure having most of your kids die, having to work 12+ hours in a field, Get whipped if you dont deliver enough grain to your lord and then die anyways from some bloody war only to have your wife raped and sons killed.
Get that retarded momhistory meme out of here, you cockmongler. You are just assuming you would be living as a fucking lumpen in the industrial revolution or some other inane shit just to support your point, thing is YOU don't know where you would have been born, as as of NOW many people in the third world live like you have described.

I can get examples suited to my argument too.
Imagine living in nature, growing your own stuff and farming, having free time to be with your kids and teaching them YOURSELF instead of some genderconfused college queer professor, imagine being fit from working the land and the animals instead of paying a monthly fee to run on a treadmill. Imagine having a fulfilling life in which it is your responsiblity to thrive and you don't depend on retarded externalities such as the job market or wasting years of your life getting a degree just too be a wageslave and living in a 2 square meter apartment.

And before you talk shit about disease, most infectious and nasty diseases are foreign to Europe, so I give about 0 fucks and if we were in ancient times I wouldn't have catched any of them due to them not existing here. The only thing that had a positive impact on lifespan and wellbeing was hygiene (frequent use of soap), and not modern medicine. Modern medicine is about milking your wallet with several pills that don't fix your issue but treats it temporarily as long as you keep buying the medicine. And even then, most of those health problems would be avoided with an ancient diet.

What happened is that master morality lost ww2, and slave morality (socialism) won both ww2 and the cold war.
So? Master morality ruled for millions of years, we got cuck morality for what? around 70 years? It can come back.

Ryan James
Ryan James

capitalism
system that makes you work the longest hours possible for the smallest wage possible
extorting obedience by limiting basic necessities
master morality

socialism
a system where everyone owns the means of production and therefore do not answer to anyone, working as they deem fit
basic necessities are given out for free
slave morality

Aaron Ward
Aaron Ward

a system where everyone owns the means of production and therefore do not answer to anyone, working as they deem fit
yeah because that's always exactly what socialism looks like in the real world, and not some authoritarian hell-hole
basic necessities are given out for free
yeah, the basics and only the basics. And the state gets to define what that means. Very niiiice

Aaron Ward
Aaron Ward

yeah because that's always exactly what socialism looks like in the real world, and not some authoritarian hell-hole
Yes, that's what it looks like. Other things are, as you said, authoritarianism. So we agree there.

yeah, the basics and only the basics. And the state gets to define what that means. Very niiiice
I'd rather live like a third worlder, have my basic needs met and work when I want rather than work my ass off for a third of my life just so I could live paycheck to paycheck and own a microwave and a computer.

Mason Martin
Mason Martin

butthurt chr*stian
kneel before my dick

Tyler Butler
Tyler Butler

be one of the smartest person on earth
could literally help us to make a better future
takes lsd
duuudeee everything is bad, let me bomb everyone, because muh anarchism.

Aiden Ward
Aiden Ward

Sometimes you have to kill people to convince them to stop stealing your stuff

Daniel Murphy
Daniel Murphy

new book
how new? Like this year?

Jacob Thompson
Jacob Thompson

bumping with a dank /sci/ meme

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page