Are escalators made in white countries dangerous too?

Colton Wright
Colton Wright

are escalators made in white countries dangerous too?

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZQG5l1giCI
https://youtu.be/uZQG5l1giCI
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/17/nyregion/an-escalator-step-collapses-killing-woman-as-she-rides.html
William Brooks
William Brooks

holy shit

Jonathan Bailey
Jonathan Bailey

are escalators made in white countries dangerous too?
Chinese safety specifications are virtually non-existing, but it doesn't help that people are stupid either.

Aaron Williams
Aaron Williams

If not serviced it would be dangerous.

But in white countries you have to service them, otherwise someone can sue you... So it is kinda safe

Dominic Baker
Dominic Baker

Eh probably but diversity hires means the people who made those escalators are gonna be making them over here now

Robert Carter
Robert Carter

Why the fuck are the running back in?

Carson Cox
Carson Cox

immigrant workers / foreign workers / visa workers
diversity hires
Those are not the same thing.

Christian Jones
Christian Jones

Chinese people are awful runners

Chase Fisher
Chase Fisher

The last one is deliberately, he kills himself after being dumped by the girl on the left.

The first one I'm not sure if he's just angry and clumsy or if he intended to do that. It looks like he is tripping back into the hole.

Brayden Garcia
Brayden Garcia

The worst method of suicide, because lift (or elevator) mecanic will end up cleaning the mess.

Ayden Evans
Ayden Evans

It's not worse than jumping in front of a bus or train, IMO. You have a choice of cleaning up or passing it on to someone with the stomach for it, but jumping in front of a vehicle pretty much turns an innocent driver into an executor.

Sebastian Murphy
Sebastian Murphy

It's pretty common knowledge amongst rekt threads on /b/ but the gooks do this because they come from rural villages where there's no elevators so when they come to the city they assume that elevators are always on the same floor as you because they don't understand how they work

Carson Peterson
Carson Peterson

software "engineer" in charge of safety
This is what happens if you leave everything to programmers.

Aaron Adams
Aaron Adams

Millenials and their fucking phones. I can't wait for you people to be replaced by generation Z.

How are elevator doors made of sheet metal? If it wasn't suicide these people deserve the darwin award.

Ian Bennett
Ian Bennett

Someone post the one where the guy doesn't get out and is squished (unless it's against board rules, then don't).

/r/ing the korean guy in an automatic wheel chair that rams the elevator and falls down.

Carter Sanchez
Carter Sanchez

This still doesn't explain kicking in the door.

Oliver Bell
Oliver Bell

Why are they to dumb?

James Scott
James Scott

Millenials and their fucking phones. I can't wait for you people to be replaced by generation Z.
You can't blame him though. Usually you don't expect getting crushed to death inside an office building.

I use my phone in elevators too, mostly to avoid intense awkward situations where there are other people using the elevator with me.

Lucas Gutierrez
Lucas Gutierrez

He thought the magic box was already there and tried to impress the grill

Jace Gutierrez
Jace Gutierrez

You'd think after almost a century of elevators they'd have the elevator firmware down to a science.

Guessing the chinese may have just rolled their own with little research.

Jordan Rogers
Jordan Rogers

Trains and buses have an automated washers, lifts don't.

Chase Hughes
Chase Hughes

No. The floor cannot just break apart like that.
The entire floor is made of large blocks of concrete.
You don't need to service the escalators from above.
There is a metal part at the end which connects the escalator and the floor.
It is not possible to get between the floor and the escalator, even if you try to.
The escalators are services regularly (frequency depends on how many people use it).
Some gets serviced every six months, some very other year.
If there is any chance it could fail, it is shut down, turning it into a stair.
If it is really bad, it is fenced off.

You might as well ask how likely a stair is to fall down?

Jayden Hill
Jayden Hill

The last one is intended suicide, the first one may be or just some angry bloke that trips.

Cameron Cooper
Cameron Cooper

Don't blame the programmers. Blame QA.

Joseph Robinson
Joseph Robinson

I'm not talking about cleaning the bus or train afterwards, I'm talking about the act of running some jumper over in itself.

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

Software testing doesn't help shit when the counterweight brakes fails (hint: mechanical failures cause this, not software).

James Sanchez
James Sanchez

I mean that more control is given to software over hardware lately and it really shows. It's cheaper.

Programmers are not engineers. They are not held to the same standards as actual engineers. "There's always bugs in software" is literally one of their things.

This is what separates engineers from non-engineers.

Owen Robinson
Owen Robinson

If a counterweight fails the elevator would be flying. That elevator has unlocked brakes/motors which is caused by software.

Adam Butler
Adam Butler

If a counterweight fails the elevator would be flying.
What is momentum

The elevator is clearly accelerating

Dominic Jackson
Dominic Jackson

Login please, Chinese programmer.

(But yes, looks like brakes got loose, or software is Indian.)
By the way, modern elevators are much safer, than old, relay-based

Aaron Murphy
Aaron Murphy

Yeah, the guy fell downwards and the elevator was in an upwards trajectory.

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

Holy shit, I would probably be dead.

William Johnson
William Johnson

tfw too scarred to click these
Yes, scarred not scared

Joshua Flores
Joshua Flores

she died?

Angel Scott
Angel Scott

The elevator is moving because of the counterweights. That's normal behavior if the damn thing is freewheeling.

Julian Davis
Julian Davis

Yes, but saved her babies.

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

That escalator was broken, there was something on the other side telling to not use it. Notice how she's holding the kid and how there are people waiting to save them.

Caleb Flores
Caleb Flores

Got fucking lucky.

Thomas Foster
Thomas Foster

Notice how she's holding the kid and how there are people waiting to save them.
The full video show that one of those women just freezing in panic and the other one just running around in circles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZQG5l1giCI

Camden Cook
Camden Cook

Checked, and holy fuck I would have died in that case.

Anthony Brooks
Anthony Brooks

is suicide by elevator a new trend on china or what

Connor Jones
Connor Jones

See

Landon Russell
Landon Russell

Well, they don't have guns, so...

NSFW: www liveleak com / view?i=e69_1383626127

Leo Fisher
Leo Fisher

Also checked.

Adrian Butler
Adrian Butler

That user is just trying to be edgy.

Gabriel Howard
Gabriel Howard

If the failure had nothing to do with software, why did you bring up software engineers?

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

I didn't, I'm replying to anons that did.

Cooper Watson
Cooper Watson

I c i c

Oliver Ward
Oliver Ward

If not properly maintained, then yes. In this video the guys who had just worked on the escalator didn't screw the floor plates into place. Just stupidity and carelessness. There are idiots who do maintenance work in the West, too.

Btw that based mom died horribly saving her kids life. She's a hero. No way she could have known and avoided that accident.

Dylan Gray
Dylan Gray

Btw that based mom died horribly saving her kids life. She's a hero. No way she could have known and avoided that accident.
This

Brody Jones
Brody Jones

hurr this isn't a Chinese thing

Name a single case of someone getting chewed up by an escalator in the west. I'll wait.

Wyatt Perry
Wyatt Perry

based mom

There are so many ways this could have been avoided, for one note how she holds her kid -- wtf?!

Gavin Morales
Gavin Morales

There was a sign at the bottom saying that it was broken.
Why do you think 3 employees were waiting at the top?
She's no hero.

Jason Davis
Jason Davis

Don't people get clothes stuck in escalators all the time and get mangled or choked to death?

Kayden Jackson
Kayden Jackson

sign at the bottom
If this is true, then why is there a another women just about to go on the escalator at the bottom? See , there aren't any signs.

Chase Wilson
Chase Wilson

white countries
I don't think they have escalators in countries like alaska, though I've never been there.

Justin Lee
Justin Lee

Yeah they're proper death machines but I've never heard of anyone getting ground up by one until this chink shit. This is all nightmare fuel for a younger me.

Christian Taylor
Christian Taylor

Read the description, it's just another case of pure incompetence.
https://youtu.be/uZQG5l1giCI

Jose Bennett
Jose Bennett

Yeah they're proper death machines but I've never heard of anyone getting ground up by one until this chink shit.
There was a woman that got chewed up in New York in the 80s or 90s IIRC, when the step she was standing on came loose and she fell into the machinery.

Isaac Reyes
Isaac Reyes

Found it: http://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/17/nyregion/an-escalator-step-collapses-killing-woman-as-she-rides.html

Lucas Thompson
Lucas Thompson

Good God nice find user, what a fucking way to go. Guess I was wrong. China is still a shit hole.

So all it takes is a missing screw? Fuck taking an escalator. Not to mention the fat fucks in this country stand still on them which drives up the fucking walls.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page