How are the mental health institutions in your cunt? Have you any first-hand experience with them?

How are the mental health institutions in your cunt? Have you any first-hand experience with them?

I heard Sweden is one of the few countries still tying patients up and that others consider it barbaric. Though I've read East-European countries essentially just leave all mentally ill people in big institutions and don't really even try and help them into succeeding everyday life on the outside (don't know how true that is).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_rttgtyigc
youtu.be/dbiYJkiX-Dg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I actually thought OP's pic was a lethal injection gurney 2bh

And the US used to put them all in institutions that were worse than prisons until the 1970s, although now most are let roam free, with occasionally disastrous consequences.

finland is just a big mental hospital

>worse than prisons
Being you're american, this really says something
jesus

>How are the mental health institutions in your cunt?
We have one of the biggest in the world, we call it the houses of parliament.

It's a big place. The mental health institute is everything outside of my house.

Ive heard from a friend who lived near a mental hospital that at night the screams were bloody scary
Reason whe he moved

Something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=C_rttgtyigc

I always hear that claim, but IDK whether they mean worse than prisons back then, or prisons now (Prisons have slightly gotten worse over here over the past century). In any case, the phrase "mental institution" conjures up images of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Lobotomy in the mind of an American.

>One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Yeah I think that image is kind of stuck here too, especially in regards to what electroshock therapy is like.
(ECT is actually great, doesn't hurt at all, isn't scary one bit, just helps you a lot and instantly)

They have mental wards in hospitals nowadays and a lot more rights than in the past, but at the same time that means they're allowed in larger society, often becoming homeless once the people taking care of them pass on.

The inpatient area is just a branch of the hospitals. Generic interior, post-suicide attempt people went there. Less freedom than sane patients

After that you go to outpatient, which is a 3-story office/clinic style building. You get medication, then 6 hours of group work a day. Pretty much a 30 minute lunch and rest of the day is 55 minute classes in one of two conference rooms with a lot of crying and hand-holding

>And the US used to put them all in institutions that were worse than prisons

No they're not. There aren't gangs or mafias in mental institutions

youtu.be/dbiYJkiX-Dg

I'm requesting ECT soon, I want the memory loss effects so I can forget a lot of the Sup Forums bullying too

It was different. If you were mentally ill, you legally had zero rights and the staff weren't held accountable if you died in a mental institution.

I'm afraid to say it isn't permanently, and you only temporally lose memory of the few hours before the treatment, not whole years and months my friend...
Only alcohol will rid you of the mental scarring from """bantering""" (bullying)

This. While it was okay to drop the soap in an institution, the staff wasn't really the best and you didn't really have a chance to get out if you ever became sane or if someone had maliciously put you in there.

Yeah, ECT is often lumped in with lobotomy over here, quite unfairly IMO

Depends on how much the family is willing to pay.

Private: Good but expensive
Public: Awful but cheap/free.

That doesn't happen when I scream out the window

>got hospitalized into an asylum over a month
It was hard to keep my sanity from boredom. Inmates were okay except for the one who occasionally stole other's confectionery or sodas.

What
You get tied up pretty much everywhere once they've determined you're a threat to yourself of your environment, so long as a judge and a doctor sign off on the necessary documents

>Pretty much a 30 minute lunch and rest of the day is 55 minute classes in one of two conference rooms with a lot of crying and hand-holding

tfw no mentally ill gf to cry and to hold hands together

Are you sure your house isn't part of it?

Using restraints here in the US is seen as a last resort kind of thing when a patient becomes so out of control that they're a threat to themselves or others. Even then, they can sue you if the restraints are too tight or whatever.

t. Worked in a mental ward for 9 months.

I went to one when I was a teenager and actually liked it alot. probably because it was a chance to get away from my overbearing family and socialize with people. the food is shitty but it's not too bad once you get over that and the fact that you're not allowed to leave