What to do

If you just can't find the motivation or interest to learn your language of choice?

Get a gf who speaks it.

Why did you start learning a language that doesn't interest you?

Financial opportunities. Quality of my life would be greatly improved if I moved to that country.

But I'm really not a materialistic person, maybe that's the problem.

What language is it?

German

Ew.

But in all reality I know what you mean. I struggle to stay motivated to keep learning the langauge I am studying because I find it so damn hard.

>Gallo-Iberian

Don't know if it's some sort of official name or just this picture using it, but the French language has little to no gaulish root.

It derives from vulgar Latin with unironically more words brought by the Franks and even the vikangz (most of the sailing and navy-related vocabulary is from them)

move to Britain instead

It's because the language developed in the area of the gauls

What are you studying bro?

I guess I could, but Austria is right next door. Also we're culturally very similar.

Finnish. And I have a great reason to (I want to communicate with my gf's family/live there perhaps). But it's so fustrating when just when I think I understand something I find out that there's a bunch of exceptions or that it is a unique case with the word.

It's the official name for the Romance branch. The name isn't from the Gauls as a people but from Gallia as a region.

Also, the actual name is Gallo-Italic.

>Finnish
Oh boy. We Hungarians are related to them distantly. Not the easiest language for sure. But if you think about it, they don't have grammatical genders. That is great. Also the pronounciation is pretty phonetic. I think.
How much Finnish do you speak at the moment?

Loving the lack of gender, shit made me go crazy when I studied Russian.

Very little. I can get some food at a café, introduce myself whilr explaining a bit about who I am. And of course I call tell people to crawl up a horse's cunt and host of other finnish profanities. My gf's family was actually very impressed that I knew so many curse words.

kullusta kia vlta etä puh'utt suamea. voimko autaa,,,?

Mitä helvetti "kullusta kia vlta"? I understand the puh'utt suamea bit and is autaa related to aupa?

Means "sounds nice". Haluatko vähäsen Valdemaria?

That's just a new-ish Finnish meme. Basically Pepe speaking like a retard would.

Hm, well I have little to no ideas how to help you. It's not like Finnish is like English where if you open any tv channel or video it starts flowing endlessly. I think your best source will be your GF, if she's willing to teach you. It's a lot more fun learning with other people anyway outside a classroom.

I guess you could try Finnish media though. With English subtitles at first. The quality of what you'll watch will be questionable - as is the case with most European films. But it's a start. Personally I think you should keep pestering your GF everyday for a bit of lesson until you get the basics down. Or you get to an intermediate level.