Why do americans like red cups so much?

why do americans like red cups so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they drink alcohol from them

they are disposable, cheap cups

this reminds me of wild american sluts and outraging parties that I have never ever been a part of...

Those parties in hollywood films with those red cups...are those real or it's just hollywood?

youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68

They're cheap and come in large packs, so they're perfect for low-cost parties and mass gatherings.

What the hell do you drink out of at parties?

So real. Very common... If you're too poor to afford glasses. They're mainly for parties.

clay molded into a cup shape and baked at high temperatures

>his country doesn't have solo cups

Actual glasses?

Do you unironically think we drink champagne in plastic cups?

A red solo cup is the best receptacle
For barbecues tailgates fairs and festivals
And you sir do not have a pair of testicles
If you prefer drinking from glass
A red solos cup is cheap and disposable
And in fourteen years they are decomposable
And unlike my home they are not fore-closable
Freddie Mac can kiss my ass woo

I fell out of my chair

>Actual glasses?
>Do you unironically think we drink champagne in plastic cups?

no one drinks champagne out of red cups retard

it's for parties because they don't break and theyr'e cheap and disposable dumb fucking french fag

ahmed go blow yourself up terrorist scum idiot

Red cups are more for mass gatherings, and have many lines on them to indicate the ideal fill level for different types of alcohol. That being said, glasses are used for more intimate/formal occasions.

why the same red cups?

They're what you bring to parties because nobody wants to use actual glasses.

Because that's what they sell. Sometimes they're blue. Maybe green for St. Paddy's

Because that's traditionally the color of Solo brand disposable cups. They're kind of a meme

They're for parties. Obviously can't use glass cups when you have 50+ people... not hard to understand tb h.

lmfao

I don't know what kind of garbage you drink in North American parties. But here champagne is the basic beverage we drink in parties (if you're not 13 years old).

What's the purpose of throwing a party, if it's to drink the same beer you have at home?

>b-but the glasses will break!
So what? We even break the bottles like in pic related (sometimes). Let the glasses break too.

Thank you for those feels

Who wants to pick up glass shards????

lol champange is for woman but your french so that makes sense REKT

We only have white cups

>But here champagne is the basic beverage we drink in parties (if you're not 13 years old).

You drink champagne at parties? Literally no one does that here, can't tell if you're memeing me.

>So what? We even break the bottles like in pic related (sometimes). Let the glasses break too.

Because you're in someone's house and people are drunk and there will be glass everywhere that someone will need to somehow clean up?

Because it's expensive as fuck?

Because 50+ glasses no one fucking has unless you request your guests to bring their own glasses (lol)???

You do your thing. We'll do our thing. Neither is wrong.

>he's never been to an American rager
>he's never been so drunk that he's been unable to walk straight, but his m8s form up and carry him home on a sofa like a king of old, chanting obscene songs all the while
>he will never convince college qts to try a wet t-shirt concert
You don't do this with the bros?

if champagne is not drunk at parties where would it be?
even in australia its more common to have champagne at parties than not

maybe at like new years parties

>amerihedonistic

alcohol and parties are overrated

Yeah what kind of retards like enjoying themselves and having fun?

>enjoying themselves
most of actions taken in a party are forced

Here mostly at upper/upper-middle class gatherings, more fancy dinner parties than the places where the Red Cups are served.

In any case Americans drink rather less than the rest of the western world 2bh

how are they forced?

it's fun to be in such an environment, you must either be severely autistic or never have experienced it living in a islamic country but getting drunk with your m8s and qts is always fun

They're common at the kinds of parties where people drink cheaply and to get drunk (adolescents, rednecks, etc.). It's just a common style of cheap, disposable cup.

>he's never been so drunk that he's been unable to walk straight, but his m8s form up and carry him home on a sofa like a king of old, chanting obscene songs all the while
What

>can't use glass cups when you have 50+ people
Yes you can. Rent glasses if you're too poor. Or at worst hard plastic "glasses" (not soft cups)...

Do you also play drinking games in these parties? And do you come dressed with open shirts, shorts and white sports socks? I'm trying to understand what you call a party.

Not memeing, it's nothing special to have champagne even for unimportant parties. I even saw poor immigrants drinking champagne while squatting in my hall (for a birthday or whatever).

If there are too many guests, you make your own cocktails in large quantities. But champagne is always appreciated and it can feel somewhat cheap without it.

I guess it's expensive, but don't throw a party if you can't afford drinks and glasses...? What's the point of screaming: "Hey, I'm poor and can't afford stuff"?

Sure.

>most of actions taken in a party are forced
I think you go to a different kind of party, pal.

>be me
>get challenged to drinking contest by fat Asian man
>12 vodquila shots later
>literally cannot walk straight
>speech is slurred af
>mostly stick with strategic giggles to get my point across
>my friends see I'm fading
>party is winding down as well
>they grab sofa, and lay me down on it
>carry the sofa out and across the block to the fraternity house
>three by two like pallbearers, singing "Tridelts Always Put Out" like a funeral dirge
>still my best memory from college

>it's not fun if there's no formality
Autism?

My god Euros are so insufferable. Nobody is going to go out of their way to fucking rent glasses for a party. You go to the fucking store and buy a thing of plastic cups for a few bucks.

See

holy shit top kek

Holy fuck, I wish my college was like that

>rent glasses

What the literal fuck. You're fucking with us

>Tridelts Always Put Out
Fucking true

That's the color the grocery stores sell. You have to go to a party supply store to get any other color.

If you have, say, 250 guests, it makes sense to rent glasses.

Otherwise, hard plastic "glasses" are a solution that's not too costly, and won't make you look too bad.

It makes you look like a very cheap host.

So it's either formality or drinking games? There's something in the middle.

>I was actually talking to American teenagers and rednecks

Such enriching, wow :D

I think you're misinterpreting the type of parties we're talking about. These are college/high school bashes. Everyone's just there to get drunk and/or laid

As said before, these are for really low-key get togethers whose guests are not ones to give a crap about the drinkware, caring more for the alcohol/atmosphere, as you call it "drinking games", and indeed culturally would probably be suspicious of someone who'd go out of his way to do something like renting glasses for the event. For the white-tie/black-tie events or even a dinner for family or friends actual glasses are used.

everyone always forgets americans can't drink until they're 21, getting shitfaced is looked down by the time we first worlders turn 18

they're cheap and hold a lot of liquid (like your mother) and people can't tell whats in them so you can be sneeky about what you drink like going in public

I mean our parties are not low-key, but not black tie either. It's in the middle.

From your posts, it sounds like Americans can't do anything between total pleb stuff where you get wasted on purpose, and upper class formality with a tuxedo. It's either one extreme or the other.

Probably this.

>I was actually talking to American teenagers and rednecks
Who else did you think American posters on Sup Forums were?

>be American
>forget to be sneaky about what you drink
>a dozen police officers suddenly jump from behind a shrub, yelling that this suspicious-looking beverage you're holding may contravene the constitution
>you are required by law to drop that goshdarnit cup
>you drop the cup and put your hands up in the air
>not because it's a party, but because a dozen assault rifles are now pointed at you
>you're crying fearful tears as you know exactly how tragically this greentext will end
>???
>get shot

Next time, you'll get a red cup. Red like the blood of patriots who died to protect the freedoms of getting wasted :DDD

Sensible, enlightened Americans with a beautiful life