Fort/Castle and Palaces thread

Post Fort/Castle & Palaces in your country.

Chandragiri Fort

The only one still surviving in its medieval form

It bears a nice impact on the skyline, breaking up from the otherwise quite modern city Oslo is

Kondaveedu Fort

Noice

Vizianagram Fort

Small one in Bergen, though most of the left side here is rebuilt after a Dutch ship containing dynamite exploded next to it

One on the left

Though our largest castle was in present day Sweden

Our parliament works here

Swedes started tearing it down in the 19th century, but it proved to be too difficult, so it's still kind of there.

it's a box

Another box

Do you even have any proper medieval buldings in Norway?

I always thought that Norway is a historical desert that people heard about first time when you discovered oil.

And a fort built during the Danish reign. This is where the Swedish king died.

A tad run down

From above

lookathowcutesndwhiteitisdesu

Rohtasgarh Fort

Nice

Nice and pretty similar to Indian forts layouts.

Neat and which is the one on right?

Cool

Kek

I am glad they didn't

Kek, looks cool in aerial view

Looks nice

Lovely

Looks like a chapel

Have you pictures of sthambha durga tree castles?
I dont find any.

If built in 1886, is it still a castle or just a fancy manor?

This one?

>64153207
Ivangorod Fortress in Russia. The river's the border.

Diu Fort

Dope

Well, yeah. We have some 200 surviving medieval churches, and other assorted abbeys, halls, and fortresses (though most of those are now in ruins). And that castle right there is from the late 13th century.
We WUZ pretty prosperous up until the plague.

Amazing

Nice.

Here's the nicest of our star forts, and also the first I belive. They say the old town inside is one of the best preserved of its kind.

That pic is pretty amazing and dope

Thanks, lad. All your posted fortresses look neat as well.

I dig this one too.
>battleship

Well, if it's built for non-defensive purposes, then I'd say the latter. Europe was also well past its castle prime by the late 19th century.

They are centuries old and are mostly ruins now.

Nice and yeah that one is a battleship. It was a Portuguese fort, British tried to capture it but they couldn't. So they just kept sending the armies until the Fort ran our of ration and ammo.

Nice

Well then this is a manor built into an older castle ruin. A hybrid, if you will.

Thats a nice tower but it does not look like a proper fortification.
Like on wikipedia they listed the different indian castle kinds and how some vedic expert from the middleages wrote about all of them and their dis/advantages.
He mentioned treecastles which were called by such a name and said you would have no water in a siege situation and a monkey plague.

Look up the english wiki article on indian fortresses I hope its as fancy as it sounds and you have rare /tg/ fantasy-tier tree castles.

Fort Aguada

Dunno if this one counts

I have read that article and the types of fort mentioned their are the ones mentioned in militarily strategy books from pre-medieval period. Their isn't much left from forts of that time, mostly only walls are left from forts of that period and since the kind of forts you seek have trees and forests its quite impossible to find any pic.

Looks hewn into a cliff. ...is it?
Funky!

Smallest and easternmost star fortress in the world, right by the Russian border.
Originally built in the medieval days as an outpost in case of threat from Novgorod, and later """"""expanded"""""" to its current form.

:3

Thats a spanish one?
If the zapotecs, atztecs and olmecs could build pyramids, did they build castles too?

That one is chiseled by hand from a Mountain

Quite the adorable thing. Almost looks like a flower from above.
Maximilian Hell also did some astronomical work there back in his days.

Fortress in Bouillon

Fortress in Dinant

T-thanks, Spain

Sweet.

Thanks

Those are some colorful shots. I like those shots.

Citadel in Namur

Saint Seiya.jpg

not my cunt

It was built by an unknown culture around the 9th century. Most Mesoamericans used their pyramid complexes as fortresses instead.

A fortified abbey.

are you moor posting?

no

Nahar Singh Palace

Cutest castle reporting in

Albeit some exceptions are found. Here's the blueprint of a Zapotec fortress

Nice. I like Spanish castles, as they are very pure to the stereotypical castle image, and not too dolled up like elsewhere in Europe. British ones are like this too.

Ouch, Afghanistan.
spikey
Nice view
Garden's nice

Only palace we got. Peter the Great built it annnd it never got used much.

Now the prez works here... uneasily sometimes. The guy who took charge when the soviets rolled in committed suicide here and the room is considered haunted.

"castle"

thanks

Hari Parbat Fort

i was posting the best castles, we have thousands of castles like this in all the country,small but efficient