What kind of music player do Sup Forums use for phones and other devices?

Jayden Williams
Jayden Williams

What kind of music player do Sup Forums use for phones and other devices?

All urls found in this thread:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Music_Player_Daemon
Jayden Cox
Jayden Cox

for the car, I have an old Zune. I like tactile controls while driving

for my phone, I mostly use Google Play Music - not the subscription service, but the one where you upload your own mp3 collection to the google cloud for free

Carter Moore
Carter Moore

op here I forgot to post my music player

Phone
google play music but I kind of want to change it
laptop
I just switched from itunes to foobar awhile ago

Jaxon Jones
Jaxon Jones

spotify w/ premium because fuck it i don't have the time to manage disk drives full of pirated mp3s anymore. it's been 2 years since i've plugged my phone into a computer

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

Same. Radio actually gives decent tips for new music

Isaac Perez
Isaac Perez

Spotify on both PC and phone (cracked). I still have hundreds of GB of music in some old hard disk, but I exclusively stream nowadays.

Kevin Morris
Kevin Morris

this

Hunter Lopez
Hunter Lopez

Deezer but I'm getting pissed because it often stops playing when I'm driving. Like the connection drops for a second when changing antennas and the music stops and I have to manually reset it. And then when I do it goes back to the start instead of where it stopped at.

I'm only using it because it comes with my plan.

Isaiah Jackson
Isaiah Jackson

play music or whatever comes default wit the custom rom i'm running at the time i recently bought an ipod classic and use that now though

Brody Sanders
Brody Sanders

How quickly can /g/men be lured to the other side. I wonder if that's my fate too.

Aiden Gonzalez
Aiden Gonzalez

mixcloud
foobar2k for android
I fucking love the no-animation design of f2k, and plugins are breddy gud

Liam Edwards
Liam Edwards

Spotify Dogfood. It's great.

Matthew Peterson
Matthew Peterson

Retro music is the best looking player imo, but for functionality Poweramp seems to be the general consensus.

If I want to sample an album before I download it I use apple music. I tried Google play music but the app and UI was unbearable.

Gavin Smith
Gavin Smith

Currently, Spotify Free on the iphone, with pi-hole blocking all the ads.

I had a modded version of Spotify on Android which was good shit. Blocked everything in App, even when on data.

Bentley Morgan
Bentley Morgan

buys a fucking iphone but skimps out on paying a tenner for music

Ayden Carter
Ayden Carter

Spotify for "music", ZXTune for real music

Adrian Watson
Adrian Watson

Also, Winamp on PC

Nathaniel Butler
Nathaniel Butler

Foobar2000 for Android & PC

Juan King
Juan King

all these botnet cucks ITF

Chase Diaz
Chase Diaz

No, it isn't user. Right now I am putting together a server with old socket 771 chips, ddr2 ram, and 4tb hard drives to store and stream my music across devices and with friends. The only way to fight back is to do it yourself user. as long as there are those who do so Sup Forums will live on.

Kayden Rodriguez
Kayden Rodriguez

can you download with that one?

Luke Cox
Luke Cox

i actually used to buy my music, but had the same end result. streaming is just too convenient, and their discover weekly playlist has been really good to me.

Gabriel Lee
Gabriel Lee

Clementine on PC
Timber on Android

Joshua Brooks
Joshua Brooks

uploading pirated mp3 collection to cloud service

Blake Reed
Blake Reed

Clementine on PC
pretty good
Timber on Android
tried some time ago, is it better than vanilla?

Ryder Rivera
Ryder Rivera

Musicbee on PC
Google Play Music on Android

it'll be fine, user
apparently they don't give a fuck. I have about 45000 pirated mp3s in my cloud

Charles Morris
Charles Morris

Timber is what I finally settled on. FOSS and has a shitload of different layouts available right away

Themed MusicBee for PC

Chase Reed
Chase Reed

CyanogenMod player and Spotify on my phone
foobar and spotify on my laptop and desktop

Charles King
Charles King

I wouldn't say it's better. It's a mobile music player, nothing much to improve on those. All that matters to me is that it's open source and free. Any paid player is a ripoff.

Hudson Torres
Hudson Torres

Fucking thank you based user

Evan Kelly
Evan Kelly

GoneMAD (supports Opus unlike most of the shit players usually shilled here) for OSTs and whatnot, while Spotify is used for more normie music.

Xavier Morris
Xavier Morris

Phonograph and mp3s, fuck your botnets

Landon Stewart
Landon Stewart

Google play music

Noah Price
Noah Price

DSub

James Russell
James Russell

my cloud
my
It's not your cloud

Caleb Young
Caleb Young

I use Google Play Music because I have several thousand cds that I've bought over the past 25 years and I have them ripped and uploaded. Google is getting ready to get rid of the storage locker and just go pay only. When they do I'll just go back to carrying around my Sansa Fuze.

Aaron Howard
Aaron Howard

GoneMAD

This user understands.

GoneMAD. There is no substitute.

Wyatt Peterson
Wyatt Peterson

Yes, I know this. Sorry, I thought on a technology board everyone would know this and I can use "my cloud" to refer to "the portion of the Google cloud I can upload my mp3s to"

Dominic Reyes
Dominic Reyes

Blackplayer for .mp3

Spotify for most music

Google Play and YouTube music also, but only on occasion because I have YouTube Red.

Isaiah Perez
Isaiah Perez

Google is getting ready to get rid of the storage locker and just go pay only.

is this true for google music as well? I remember seeing something about google drive, but google music seems to be (at least somewhat) separate

Dylan Thompson
Dylan Thompson

Implying that Google is able to tell that just because a file uploaded to their cloud doesn't have any DRM it is pirated.

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

Google, cause youtube red

Brayden Murphy
Brayden Murphy

What music player do you use
Google
I bet your favourite browser is Facebook, too

Cooper Rodriguez
Cooper Rodriguez

No, I use Windows.

Kayden Diaz
Kayden Diaz

He's obviously talking about Google Play Music.

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

no, thats how retards with no understanding of technology or computers at all refer to their Google cloud account

Benjamin Evans
Benjamin Evans

iTunes (12.1.3.6 aka the last good version before they fucked up the design) on my desktop and BlackPlayer EX on my phone

Xavier Brooks
Xavier Brooks

Samsung Music :)

Bentley Bailey
Bentley Bailey

google play retard

Jace Brown
Jace Brown

Timber on Android
Would be nice with a different grid size and the possibility to sort albums by year; the latter is something absurdly critical for me. Else I use MusicBee on PC and still open to (free) options on Android.

Joseph Turner
Joseph Turner

Google is getting ready to get rid of the storage locker

you're thinking of amazon

James Davis
James Davis

What's your favourite music player
Google play

Camden Barnes
Camden Barnes

how does this look?

Hudson Long
Hudson Long

I know that Amazon already announced it. But Google is getting ready to dump the locker feature when they merge YouTube Music with Google Play Music.

Matthew Edwards
Matthew Edwards

Can anyone give me a quick rundown or guide on how to use mpd+nqmpcpp? It's kinda confusing

Jonathan Rogers
Jonathan Rogers

use the superior cmus

Kayden Flores
Kayden Flores

Spotify Premium, student subscription

Jonathan Perry
Jonathan Perry

I like vanilla music on Android

Carson Thompson
Carson Thompson

This

Daniel Wood
Daniel Wood

Spotify because I don't like having to manage pirated MP3s or name them all individually
Also, I don't have to buy my music
What I hate about it, though, is that obscure music is never on there, and if you make a playlist it won't re-shuffle after you finish it, it'll trail off on their "related" songs

Caleb Mitchell
Caleb Mitchell

Tidal, I don't care spending 20 for CD Quality audio, although the lack of a dedicated program on Linux is a bummer it's still great for me.

Grayson Scott
Grayson Scott

MP3
He doesn't exclusively listen to 96KHz 2000kbps placebo vinyl rips

Austin Garcia
Austin Garcia

Appelle musique

Jayden Hall
Jayden Hall

Come on, ad-free Spotify is only less than what most people in the western world make in an hour.

Grayson Jenkins
Grayson Jenkins

Spotify, watch FLAC fags argue this not being the best choice.

Adrian Bell
Adrian Bell

Do you have a link to that announcement or is that just a rumor? I don't remember reading about the locker going away, but I do remember reading about the merger

William Garcia
William Garcia

Plebs detected.

Landon Lopez
Landon Lopez

I can argue it's not the best choice because it doesn't have the music I want, regardless of its format.

Kevin Thompson
Kevin Thompson

phone
I've got an iPod
computer
Kodi

Grayson Flores
Grayson Flores

What the fuck kind of music player are those?

Evan Harris
Evan Harris

Sorry, I thought on Sup Forums I could talk about ""the cloud"" and not be called a pleb

Eli Reed
Eli Reed

I don't like having to manage pirated MP3s
manage
what is this supposed to mean?

Adam Russell
Adam Russell

Rename them so they can be properly indexed

Luke Wilson
Luke Wilson

Apple Music all around because I don’t need to meme myself just to listen to music.

Luke Flores
Luke Flores

How the fuck is Spotify a botnet? Everything is a botnet to you retards.

Charles Turner
Charles Turner

Well by "botnet" Sup Forums usually means "dataminer," and Spotify is exactly that.

Chase Gomez
Chase Gomez

t.slothdicksuckingsheep

Ryan Reyes
Ryan Reyes

a mpd client.
my phone vpns through my home network at all times and is considered as within the network so i get lan access to my media library.

Lucas Price
Lucas Price

supports Opus
They all support opus since android has supported it for a few versions now. The only reason they don't appear to is because the native media parser ignores the .opus file extension (although, Android 7 has supposedly fixed that problem already). I had to rename hundreds of tracks to .opus.ogg just for them to appear in vanilla music.

Jaxon Bell
Jaxon Bell

not using .ogg

Daniel Cook
Daniel Cook

nobody gives a shit

Josiah Long
Josiah Long

opus uses the ogg container natively. Xiph recommends the usage of .opus to distinguish them from vorbis in an ogg container. I only use .opus.ogg because of Android's retarded indexer

Alexander Wilson
Alexander Wilson

opus uses the ogg container natively
No shit. I was talking extension, not container.
Xiph recommends the usage of .opus to distinguish them from vorbis in an ogg container
Didn't know that

Jace Thomas
Jace Thomas

I was gonna make an acount for google play but those fuckers wants my credit card/pay pal or a gift card even when i dont want to get the premium shit, what's their deal? I just want to upload my 2hu shit, any other alternatives?

Oliver Cruz
Oliver Cruz

Last I checked, google accounts don't need those. They only need your phone number and/or an alternative email account. I could be wrong and they changed the registration process to make those details mandatory.

Tyler Brown
Tyler Brown

it seems they're a must now

Hudson Lopez
Hudson Lopez

Well, I wouldn't really know. The only accounts I have are the one that I made back when youtube wasn't fucked with google services and a gmail account provided by my uni.

Michael James
Michael James

Spotify, because I can't be fucked to set up something better.

Hudson Reyes
Hudson Reyes

macOS: Cog/iTunes/Spotify
Windows: Spotify/Foobar2k
Linux: Clementine
Android: Google Play Music maybe I don't really use my phone for that

Nathan Carter
Nathan Carter

Naw, you can't but at least it gets rid of the annoying ads in your ear. I just use it to discover songs I might like and download them from elsewhere.

Easton Baker
Easton Baker

phone
I almost never listen to music using my phone, but in the rare cases I do, I just use the bulit-in player
computer
cmus

Adam Ramirez
Adam Ramirez

foobar2000 because no decent streaming service for my kind of music. (classical and contemporary)

Alexander Barnes
Alexander Barnes

Spotify/BlackPlayer/Bandcamp

Lucas Watson
Lucas Watson

Fuck paying the Spotify jew.

Sebastian Rogers
Sebastian Rogers

Kansas

Carry on my wayward son, Foss apps are master race

Jason Young
Jason Young

i used to use Spotify but now it's foobar for any device if it has it. i don't use any on my phone.

Jace Perez
Jace Perez

Since I use windows-phone, I use third party music player called loco (because they sold the sole and best music player ever to line then they shut it down.

Camden Wright
Camden Wright

JetAudio on laptop

Austin Nguyen
Austin Nguyen

YouTube music because I already pay for YouTube red.

Samuel Powell
Samuel Powell

Odyssey

Juan Anderson
Juan Anderson

Of course it tracks what songs you listen to, how else would it give you weekly suggestions?

Jack Wood
Jack Wood

I was just explaining why Sup Forums calls it a botnet.

Cooper Hill
Cooper Hill

ncmpcpp on PC and stock LineageOS music player on Android (Eleven Music Player).
The music library is synced with Syncthing.
It's comfy without bloat.

Nolan Kelly
Nolan Kelly

mpv

I have Spotify and mirror all my music to Google Play but don't really use them.

Dylan Morgan
Dylan Morgan

Blackplayer

Only 3 sane persons in here it seems

John Campbell
John Campbell

Most of Sup Forums is retarded, they'd call an airgapped raspberry Pi a botnet if they saw one

Dominic Gomez
Dominic Gomez

winamp

Juan Fisher
Juan Fisher

Vanilla Music for my music collection.

Spotify for the playlists and finding out music, or albums I want to hear before downloading.

Newpipe/Itube for youtube music.

Apple Music for the same use as spotify, girlfriend got a free six months subscription from a campaign so I'm trying it out. Pretty nice.

Alexander Peterson
Alexander Peterson

unironically using opus
re-sampling all music to 48khz introducing artifacts

Opus was designed for VIOP and low bit-rate applications, using it for music is just stupid.

Jace Butler
Jace Butler

Say what you want, I'll be over here enjoying my 96Kbps Opus transcodes

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

Opus isn't transparent below 128kbs. So you're getting objectionally worse audio quality than AAC or a modern mp3 encode.

Tyler Scott
Tyler Scott

Better quality than 96Kbps MP3 or AAC.

Samuel Brooks
Samuel Brooks

Use Bluetooth with phone in the car. Google play music even though it's not great

On desktop it's either deadbeef in Linux or foobar is windows

Kevin Rivera
Kevin Rivera

none of them are transparent below 128kbs so its not useful.

with lossy codecs you want the lowest bitrate thats transparent, opus was designed to do this with human voice, not music.

tldr you're using a voice codec for music and being a retard.

Logan Reed
Logan Reed

better quality than alternative formats
not useful
Look man, I'm not a turbosperg. I just want my music. 96Kbps Opus is good enough and that's the bottom line.

Adrian Perry
Adrian Perry

On desktop I use free spotify because sure there are ad's but i can sign into all of my computers and have all the songs in a playlist that I enjoy and they take up no space.
On my phone I use pulsar.

Adrian Russell
Adrian Russell

Deadbeef on my pc, sansa otherwise.
I used to use Spotify but stopped when I realize it doesn't have my obscure weeb musics.

Bentley Moore
Bentley Moore

streaming music
There is nothing as good as just having music on your phone or SD card, I'm not dependent on data and I can transfer them easily if I want to listen to them on another device

Aaron Hernandez
Aaron Hernandez

This.

Adrian Wood
Adrian Wood

Deezer

Robert Barnes
Robert Barnes

Phone: Poweramp for the files I transfer from the PC, Spotify for other music I don't want to collect.

PC: Winamp on the Windows partition (it werks) and Rythmbox on the Ubuntu partition.

Adrian Howard
Adrian Howard

Sup Forums trolled me into getting .flac. years ago and now i can't fit my music collection on my phone

Jaxon Watson
Jaxon Watson

what is transcoding

Nathan Robinson
Nathan Robinson

transcode it then?

Cameron Ortiz
Cameron Ortiz

Vlc

Gabriel James
Gabriel James

And foobar on PC

John Johnson
John Johnson

I listen to maybe an hours music a week. I just use youtube on desktop for that.
I have never listened to music on my phone.

I do however have audible and listen audiobook player, which gets a few hours use a day.

Daniel Myers
Daniel Myers

how exactly to you refer to your (not your?) cloud?

Brayden Phillips
Brayden Phillips

Not him but I just call it what it is, my server

Ryder Hughes
Ryder Hughes

tfw foobar controller is better than the foobar app itself
it has no playback

why live

Camden Davis
Camden Davis

Phone: Phonograph
PC: AIMP
Tried every major streaming service, but I just can't get used to them

Angel Cook
Angel Cook

Google Play Music, it has the best suggestions

Jeremiah Russell
Jeremiah Russell

I recently started using Spotify to find singles and download them using a script. I listen on my Zune or using Poweramp, and Foobar on my desktop.

Caleb Mitchell
Caleb Mitchell

YouTube Music with YouTube Red

Owen Perry
Owen Perry

If you're on Windows, Foobar has a great pattern based moving and renaming feature. If you describe what a pirated filename looks like for an album/folder, it can move around the files and rename them into whatever hierarchy you tell it to.
I have it set to Artist/Year - Album/TrackNo - TrackTitle.ext and it works really well.

Lincoln Kelly
Lincoln Kelly

Wish Spotify's interface wasn't so garbage.

Zachary Wilson
Zachary Wilson

Used to use Google Play when I was still back on Android, but my God it seems like Google completely forgot the shit even exists. It's a shame, because the radio stations are pretty good, and taking over Songify improved their "radio" playlists too, but Google clearly doesn't give a fuck about Google Play Music anymore, and became an even bigger clusterfuck with Youtube Music.

Now I just use Spotify and sometimes bounce between Spotify and Apple Music just for the proper offline and iOS integration.

Wyatt Harris
Wyatt Harris

Songify
I meant Songza. What the fuck is Songify

Kayden Johnson
Kayden Johnson

skin?

Jose Lewis
Jose Lewis

just transeru koderu it into ogg with -q5

Ian Campbell
Ian Campbell

apple music

Aaron Ortiz
Aaron Ortiz

phone
poweramp
desktop
musicbee
laptop
rhythmbox

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

Just convert all of them to either .ogg or .aac.

Carson Long
Carson Long

nobody mentioned Apollo

Luis Edwards
Luis Edwards

Here's the quick rundown:
MPD is an open-source music server. It plays files, organizes playlists and maintains a music database.
Ncmpcpp is an MPD client and will provide you with an ncurses interface to interact with MPD. Lower volume, switch to shuffle, browse the database, etc.
Pretty simple stuff. Most of the time people have problems with the actual daemonization of MPD because it requires fiddling with privileges and user accounts.
For all practical purposes, on a single-user machine, you can set up and run MPD as your user (no need to fiddle with systemdick to run the daemon at boot). Just launch the mpd command and point it toward your .config (mpd ~/.config/mpd/mpd.conf).
Arch wiki has a pretty good tutorial on how to get up and running: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Music_Player_Daemon
Follow it step-by-step and don't stray from the tutorial unless you've conducted additional research and understand the configuration. Otherwise you'll end up with a mangled conf. Don't go copy and pasting shit from github and expect it to work.
MPD is really great, but it takes some getting used to. I use it to run a 24/7 radio station on my web server. Just puts my playlist in loop and we're good to go.
Hope this helps :)

Caleb Jones
Caleb Jones

Apple Music
fuck joining le sekret private trackers and worrying about whether an album is truly lossless or not

Wyatt Sanchez
Wyatt Sanchez

Spotify is perfectly fine but unless you disable it completely their lockscreen player also changes your background for some reason.

Dylan Perry
Dylan Perry

Serious software using a fucking alien head in their icon

The program itself is good tho

Daniel Ramirez
Daniel Ramirez

Apple Music on my OP5.

James Gutierrez
James Gutierrez

This, the UI and the queue function are very good. I also use Viper to get better audio.

Kayden Bennett
Kayden Bennett

worrying about whether an album is truly lossless or not
It's not as if you would be able to tell by listening in any case.

Jackson Johnson
Jackson Johnson

It'll matter after transcoding.

Ian Morgan
Ian Morgan

The app is retro music and the theme in the app is called blur.

Luis Cox
Luis Cox

Clementine on PC
Poweramp on Android

Cameron Sanders
Cameron Sanders

They use "Fingerprinting" which is basically watermarks.

Jason Robinson
Jason Robinson

Phone I use BlackPlayer and desktop I use Clementine.
I have considered using google play music as it doesn't count towards my data so I could upload all my music but Google searching through it would probably have a field day with song titles.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page