How hard would it be for a paid programmer to reverse engineer a dead game until it’s possible to make private servers

How hard would it be for a paid programmer to reverse engineer a dead game until it’s possible to make private servers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1GuECm2KBow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just find a bunch of fans.

The sims online is doing it.

We have a discord but only one guy that has the skills is working on it

Not hard, the problem is getting someone that bothers for a small game.

exactly. Community was small as fuck so coders that liked the gamer are even more scarce. But if I pay one I force him to care and thus can obtain my swwet server

look at Toontown Rewritten

it took us years to do infantry online properly and that was with several extremely good people full on autisming it night and day.

its unlikely anyone will care that badly to do whatever it is you wish to be done

>discord
I don't know what that shit is.

But there are always a huge amount of fans. Go find them.

>all the source you want is on a repo, hard drive, cd somewhere but you will never get it

I’ll just pay several programmers then

its like skype but better

It's generally quite feasible, but there are typically legal limitations that make most paid programmers unwilling to work on it, unless you can guarantee some pretty strong legal immunity.

Company disbanded totally

That does not protect anyone.

If Blizzard dont do shit about the smallest server why would a disbanded company try to sue and close a game they gave up 6 years ago

Because someone else might own the IP.

Risky unless you get a license by whoever owns the copyright for the game now. Ever since the Mickey Mouse Protection Act and other such corrupt shit was passed, copyright doesn't expire.

And copyright trolling is an actual business model. The game may be dead, but if you restore it to any popularity you got a 50%+ chance of getting sued, if merely because the copyright holder was offered money by a copyright troll company, accepted, and the copyright troll company went on to troll you.

dont lie... its exactly like IRC + voice chat, but botnet

This. The company may have disappeared, but someone somewhere out there still holds the copyrights, and may sue your ass off at any time. Far too risky for most developers.

Barely used those

I think it'd be easier to make your own game from scratch.

Plus, this way, there's no chance of getting C&D'd by disney and having your dev team scared away.

Damn it

It’s not Disney it’s GameCampus. Also recreating the game will probably gets me in trouble too.

you will be paying over USD$10,000 then

Worth

Btw this is the game

youtu.be/1GuECm2KBow

It's like Slack, but without the corporate cult mentality