This thing is absolutely amazing for manga. Which ereader do you have Sup Forums?

This thing is absolutely amazing for manga. Which ereader do you have Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

remarkable.com/store/reMarkable-and-marker?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sony Reader PRS-T1
Brought it defective, turned out the lil' fella required a new battery and a firmware update.
>manga
I only really read books on it, but I am sure you can get manga working on it though since it runs Android Eclair underneath the system.
I've messed with it a bit before. But since I don't read manga, I don't have anything special for it installed.

OwO what's this?

Android based e-readers when? Onyx Boox is the only in the market for fucks sake.

Out of curiosity, what's the best format to read manga on those?

redpill me on ereaders

shitty i-reader

Last I tried to read manga off an ereader, it sucked pretty hard. There wasn't enough contrast or resolution. Admittedly, that was six years ago. I just got myself a tablet in the end. Have you compared your ereader thing with a tablet, OP?

Kobo Aura One. The larger size is very helpful when reading manga or PDFs.

you can use them in bed

A tablet will always be better.

Lol like 40$ nook simple touch has android.

Been running kindle paperwhite 2 for ages now. Kinda sucks to find manga dumps tho

I've got a Kindle Paperwhite. It's pretty good, but I only use it for literature. Manga and technical books are read in an iPad Mini (got it as Christmas present, please not bully)

Kindle keyboard with comfy text to speech and underrated physical buttons so I don't have to touch my wonderous eink display with fingers

Anyone ever tried the Kindle Manga?
Is it any different compared to normal Kindles?

Do you have a model number or a brand or something?

When will 12-24 inch eink/epaper monitors appear?

I'd settle for a portable usb dumb-screen (battery and hub optional) that can be mounted.
>inb4 muh frames
It would be enough for programming on during the night without burning my retinas.
It also would be enough for architects and engineers who use static blueprints and schematics.

The image can be "burned" into the screen reducing the overall power required for sustained durations.

This could progress into UMPCs with epaper/eink screens.
Strictly for CLI/sshterminal/business tasks PDF/spreadsheets/maps/email
obviously it wont be suited for games that aren't turn based.
(I'm looking at you Sup Forums "muh games".)
So hope you like Jrpgs or strategy.

>8GiB internal memory
>No SD card Slot
Perfect manga reader indeed.

You are supposed to use it for reading, not hoarding a collection.

Kobo Glo HD running Kobo Start Menu + KOReader

>This thing
what is that?

free books

What is a matte display?

Kobo Aura H2O v2, absolutely love it

That's my previous ereader. Buggy as fuck, even after mods and wipes. I'm happy I abandoned it.

i want one for reading manga

I don't have one, but I do have an S7 and the 1440p OLED on this is pretty great.

great if you read a lot, free books, only cons it's shit with PDF

This one in particular is good because it's 6.8", but if you want to spend less money just get one with frontlight like the basic Aura, a bigger screen is comfier but not mandatory thanks to epaper

paperwhite. got it during the $79 sale, so it's the ad-free model.

pic related is amazing for converting. even works on those weird korean mangas that read vertically. my only complaint with the PW is having to return back to folder home when I want to read the next chapter. haven't figured out how to continue on to the next, without having to go back first.

>fucking 700 USD
>not even an SD slot to move your shit around between computers.
I hope within the next two years there will finally be some goddamn competition for this thing.

user, tell me why you need this for e-books? it's like buying a mercedes to drive to the corner store.

Not really ebooks. But for note taking in class and the ability to check textbooks?

>free books

Elaborate please, you have my interest.

Like this remarkable.com/store/reMarkable-and-marker?

Just use pen and paper like a normal human being. Much less expensive and much more convenient. You can't even use colors with this.

you can dl pretty much everything avalaible

>go on torrent site
>download monhtly book releases pack
>220k books in 'Library'

YOu meant like that, I thought you meant some sort of store or something that just has everything for easy downloads.

My Light Novels are in PDF format and my mangas are in either image or PDF format as well, prety sure these things are just useless for my needs.

I think e-readers aren't exactly ideal for Korean webtoons though. A lot of them are toned down and colored hentai so reading them on a B/W screen kind of ruin it for me.

well, that's different. if it helps with your studies and work, it's worth the expense.

That's the only downside, and if you're autistic enough you can buy the (((Limited Edition))) which has 32GB of internal memory.

Other than that it's the best reader on the market right now.

I absolutely agree. I tried Nice Guy, or whatever it's called, and not having colors really took away from the experience.

Still, I'm glad the option is available.

Which one is that?

Can you use an E-reader as a monitor?

im in the same boat, i love the e-reader idea but i don't understante why they don't build a e-reader who read normaly the biggest format (pdf).

What's the trademark and where can I get it?
I really need a eReader with big screen that doesn't cost a lot

Kindle Manga?!
It's the first time I hear about it.
( ゚д゚)

But they do. The thing is, if you want to read pdfs then an e-reader is not for you.

Just a paperwhite with 32GiB. The display is too small for most manga scans. Dunno about legit japanese kindle manga.

Doesn't really matter as amazon.co.jp doesn't ship outside Japan.

So if I want to read my light-novels and manga a tablet would be better?
I am using my Thinkpad right now and my phone as well, but battery life just sucks, and my cheapo phone has a real shitty resolution, so I have a hard time reading properly.

Tablets are the best for manga. They are very responsive, which goes well with how fast you go through the pages when reading them, take any format and have proper zooming. E-readers are for people who are really into reading novels. They are not for weeb stuff and they are terrible for studying.

This is what it's like to read manga on a e-ink screen

You could just take notes the old fashioned way. or you could get something cheaper. Why do you need that particular tablet?

Do these things have blue light or no?

They are not meant to have any sort of backlighting.

kindle keyboard
don't like the touchscreen maymay on ereaders

How big is that?

Google Pixel C. It's a Linux machine (yes really - thanks Termux) when I'm not reading manga or ebooks.

Why not just get a tablet?