Retro

What are some good old computer cases that are easy to find and have plenty of space?

looking to replace my case with a nice beige one

tfw paying hipsters on ebay $100 for a beige case is still cheaper than newegg's glass-meme cases

Pretty much anything ATX you can get your hands on.

Cable management will probably be aids but they were never designed for that so eh

Check your local tipshop/technology recycling centre as well as gumtree/Craigslist equivalents

tfw no powermac case but missed to take ATX

*Modded

this computer is

never obsolete they say

we were all lied to

thank you

this. Why do 98% of cases have this shitty window meme

see, before newegg you could get decent beige/white cases for $15 USD

who are they trying to fool

>buying something on ebay that could easily be found at used junk stores for a fraction of the price

I've used the Inwin V500, Compucase 7106WW, and Enlight 7237. Three fairly common cases from the late 90s/early 00s. Each one has quirks and features that I can elaborate on if you wish.

>never obsolete
hehe

How can I find these places? I cannot think of any place in my area that would have old computer parts

For mATX? Probably a NetVista A40

where do you find them? Can't seem to find any places online

If I remember right OutletPC still has a few Inwin V500's left as new old stock. But for the rest, just keep an eye out on eBay.

>tfw stuck into 138 gb limit

Because the majority of people enjoy taking the time to keep their PC guts respectably presented. For the 2% of the ham fisted "builders" can't achieve this, there's still plenty of solid sided options.

There's goodwill electronics stores.

>respectably presented
Unless you've got a nice custom loop and bothered to color match your shit, there's absolutely nothing in your cheapie mid-range Ryzen shitbox that's worth seeing or otherwise being proud of. It's just a big empty chasm with average consumer parts clinging to one of the walls.

If my internals can look nice and clean I like to see them, doesn't really matter what they are. I don't have a window cause I'm proud of my parts lol, not like anyone else ever sees it anyway.

holy shit i laughed too hard
thank you

Yup, they would trade it for a new one on contract.

>If my internals can look nice
I like that too. My builds are always clean and nice.

I hate window cases though. I don't have a window on my car hood, even though it looks magnificent under it.

Fucking gaymer and hipster shit.

Found pic related at a yard sell for $50, thinking about turning it into a HTPC unless someone has a better idea.

Opened it up earlier today and almost threw up.

ur jaiku sucks
its the worst of all jaikus
it really suckd bro

>sff
Into the trash it goes.

Im using one right now. Mine is "desktop" variant(not to be confused with full-tower variant) but I got it for free.

Its not that bad once you upgrade cpu, ram and graphics card(and maybe psu too). For ~150€ I got decent PC that plays some video games too no problem.

>I don't have a window in my car hood analogy
If it was practical and my car wasn't exposed to the elements, I'd prefer my tunnel ram to be exposed instead of being covered with a letterbox. Hell, motorcycles look a damn sight better with an exposed powerplant instead of being covered by generic fibreglass.
Window gives me motivation to clean up and detail my internals and a great feeling of satisfaction every time I turn it on.
Nice reddit spacing, faggot.

so much nostalgia
that was my idea of minimalist design in 2006

Lol
Thank you

Pic is too small but related anyway. I have had this case since early 2000s and it's still going strong. Heavy as fuck, would probably stop a bullet. Nice design for fans, HDD's and almost everything you could want. Anything that isn't there can be easily modified with tools. Also there is endless space for components, at least that's what it feels like when you have a cubic meter of volume inside your case. I would not sell this gem for a low price.