github.com/bun-dev/mpv-thumbPreview
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
ghostbin.com/paste/wtfqt
my.mixtape.moe/lkgixd.jpg
add0n.com/send-to.html
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/79
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vo=opengl-hq:interpolation

How did you get thumbnails? I'm using a script for this, but it looks very different. Was it added in recent updates?

No, it's not correct...

vo=gpu-hq
interpolation=yes
tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample

>forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1830772#post1830772
Poor madshi...
Nobody wants to use directshow anymore...
He will probably have to create his own media player on the future. :(

>github.com/igv/FSRCNN-TensorFlow/releases
>Updated 16.01.2018
>Trained using Charbonnier loss function
Is it as good as NGU now or is it still far behind?

I'd like to know too, user

What are some not well known, but good configs i should know about

madvr still looks the best though. How to make mpv look like it's using madvr?

Add this to your config file

profile=opengl-hq

github.com/bun-dev/mpv-thumbPreview

Works pretty well, can take a few seconds to generate all the thumbnails for a really large file but nothing crazy

>vo
profile=gpu-hq

thanks boss

16-0-4-1 looks better than NGU medium

I used github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
Thanks.

Compared new FSRCNNX_x2_r1_32-0-4-1 to madshi's NGU Very High result on that Spirited Away picture today... They look identical. I only could notice slight difference with 300% zoom. Very nice, igv. I still prefer RAVU though but FSRCNNX looks better with modern non-shit quality anime. I hope you wont stop and improve FSRCNNX even futher to completely BTFO madvr!

>Add this to your config file
I've already done that (and fiddled with contrast/saturation), and it still doesn't look as good as madVR to me.

>oversaturated image
is this bait?

>oversaturated image
>is this bait?
Nah I don't like dull colors in videos.

>I don't like dull colors
reminds you of your life?

The colors shouldn't look "dull". Do you have your output set to TV levels?

So the answer to
>How to make mpv look like it's using madvr?

is no, and you are now trying to attack me personally, because you are offended for some reason?

>The colors shouldn't look "dull". Do you have your output set to TV levels?
My settings are
profile=opengl-hq, and I'm using lancoss-ewa
I just copy pasted a config file that I found online.

>I just copy pasted a config file that I found online.
Every tiem.

>Every tiem.
I used it as template, and it was better than my previous, so what's the issue bud.
Would you care to download the episode in op, and show us your screenshot like I did, so we could compare?

Why isn't scroll wheel for the mouse default for volume control? Its a basic function every mouse has.

Button 5/6? Only handful of mouses have those extra buttons. Why is such a critical part of a video player has the default keybind limited to only a handful of mouse?

Her skin should be light pink, it's yellow in your picture. This isn't how it's intended to look.

not him but here's mine
also conf

profile=opengl-hq
cscale=ewa_lanczos
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation
interpolation=yes
video-sync=display-resample
tscale=oversample

>Her skin should be light pink, it's yellow in your picture.
It is my personal madvr settings where I toggled contrast, and saturation user. My issue is that I want it to look like this in mpv as well, and I don't know how to.
I have the same config without oversample.

You can actually use the scroll wheel for changing the volume when you hover over the volume icon.

If you unironically think that this
looks better than this
then something is seriously wrong with your eyes.

Do i need both the profile and vo settings set to something? Are the opengl-hq and gpu-hq options the same thing?

vo and opengl-hq are obsolete.

>then something is seriously wrong with your eyes.
It's more of a display issue, so yea I believe that
unironically looks better.

Here I attached a screenshot with mpc-hc, and madvr with default contrast, saturation, and color balances to untrigger you, but I still would like to know how to make videos look like

>unironically looks better
But her skin is fucking yellow. Unless you're watching The Simpsons, this is not what it should look like.

>But her skin is fucking yellow. Unless you're watching The Simpsons, this is not what it should look like.
Lets pretend that you aren't a retard who thinks I'm attacking mpv the software for a minute, because I really do love the software, and there is no alternative for it on linux user. Now re-read the thread, and reply back.

you'll just have to play around with contrast, saturation, gamma and brightness

try increasing contrast and saturation , decreasing brightness and gamma

>when you're issue gets fixed but after 2 years

This looks good on my phone with an IPS screen.
>Her skin should be light pink, it's yellow in your picture. This isn't how it's intended to look.
Maybe you should adjust your monitor.

Its definitely oversaturated. It would look even worse on live action videos.

Looks way oversaturated to me and my screen is calibrated.

Can the amount that you can play around with be extended in conf? Like how the volume slider can be extended well above 100%, but for contrast, sat, gamma, and brightness?

Have you tried recalibrating your screen in order for it to not look saturated, because it really looks good.

The guy said he adjusted the saturation in his mpc-hc so you should calibrate YOUR screen.

I'm a professional grader, and I like how it looks.

I calibrated MY screen to the image, so maybe you should do the same.
That's the proper method correct? Calibrate the screen to correct the image instead of using software to calibrate an image to look proper for the screen, right?

Is current Windows that bad?
I don't know why almost all mpv developers are using linux. Modern gui toolkits like gtk3 and kde5 look really ugly and glitchy.
Wayland is kinda weird too and xorg is almost dead and still slower than on Windows.
I think linux users just don't want to pay for an OS but KMS emulators are really working well.
Are there kind of copyright authorities in Europe/Germany that can sue you if you donner have a Windows licence?

no you dummy
you calibrate your screen ONCE for color accuracy and do everything else in software

>Is current Windows that bad?
It's pretty shit in my opinion.

Why? Default applications?

Makes sense. Maybe this explains oversatchan's image, and wanting to know how to do the same in Nov.

>Why? Default applications?
I hate it, and I'm tired of repeating myself over, and over again, because I've voiced my opinion so much that I don't feel like doing it anymore. I just accepted that windows will forever be compete shit, and Linux is now my new best friend.

Doesn't matter that all the devs are using linux when majority who use the program are probably windows user

Thank you, works great.

But smartest and richest people are using Windows...
I don't want to be a stupid poorfag.
Are you a paranoid freetard?

How do I change the OSD back to normal.

The manual will tell you ;)

go to github check the wiki and click FAQ

Yes, they look almost identical now - great job igv! However, NGU might still have a tiny edge in ringing. E.g. look at Chihiro's left foot (the one on the ground), or look at the eyes or below the mouth of the big baby. But it's really close now. That said, FSRCNNX_x2_r1_32-0-4-1 is still really slow, much slower than NGU Sharp Very High.

Btw, now suddenly the Spirited Away image is a good test image? When it was an unfair image hand picked by madshi to make NGU look good before?

And FSRCNNX doesn't thin lines too much now? Although almost everybody claimed NGU Sharp thinned lines too much, and now FSRCNNX thins them exactly like NGU Sharp?

Sometimes the hypocrisy on Sup Forums is frightening. If mpv doesn't have it, it's obviously bad. And once mpv gets it, suddenly it's good...

Danke

>
What are you talking about? I just said that it looks like NGU. I myself love and use RAVU and have no scenarios where FSRCNNX would benefit me. I also used NGU AA in madvr back in the days.

>But smartest and richest people are using Windows...
What does this have to do with either of us, or the thread?
>I don't want to be a stupid poorfag.
That's why you work a job, and collect a wage.
>Are you a paranoid freetard?
What does this have to do with not wanting to use Windows? Are you too stupid, an insecure about yourself that you define your being by what os you use? Can you be even more pathetic, or is this just bad bait?
Seriously this board needs flags. There's too many ESL posters who don't know the language enough to be clever.

This script is a lot more hacky than the other, and breaks very easily.

Why interpolation? I just get terrible ghosting with it.

minterpolate
svp
madVR
AV1

>I used github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
Thanks senpai.

I have no clue what I'm doing but please tell me what you think of my config and how to improve it.
Conf: ghostbin.com/paste/wtfqt
Unresized image: my.mixtape.moe/lkgixd.jpg

It looks ok, Felix.

Any glsl-sahders I should be looking into? That or maybe try putting vapoursynth?

>Third time today I've been referred to by my actual name on Sup Forums

That's a cute name. I wish I had one like that too.

do they keep updating the requirement for ffmpeg so it's always on git master? i'm on 3.3.6 and still can't build.

That's moe, Felix.
I had no Re:Felix trap cats, so just settle for monogatari cat girl.

does anyone know where I can find this extension add0n.com/send-to.html for chrome? The link on the page doesn't work.

>chrome

firefox doesn't dpi scale correctly in archlinux kde

>github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/79
If the fix is so trivial for software decoder, why not do it at least for that?

>Either way, this feature is total crap anyway
The fuck?

They talk about VLC on the issue, but I use this feature on MPC-BE. Now that I'm moving to GNU/Linux full time, it would suck to need VLC for that.
Anyone of you smart programmers wanna tackle that issue?

>matroska video resolution cropping
What the fuck is this?

This has to be bait

Mkv containers can have a cropping parameter in the header, players that support this will automatically crop the video to that value.
It's very useful for instance, when you have a video with black bars that you don't want to re-encode. You simply put it in a mkv container and set the cropping parameters to crop the black bars.

This sounds completely useless. Any half-decent encoder wouldn't actually encode black bars.

>What is old shit that only exists in lousy quality that could only get worse by re-encoding?

Also, you could crop whatever you want. The point is that it's an automatic soft-crop. It doesn't touch the underlying video at all, but it's kept along with the video.

Can't you just use a cropping script?

it blends two frames. if you get a lot of ghosting, just use tscale=oversample

How do I toggle a mono audio filter?
The old audio-channels method doesn't work anymore.

ctrl+m cycle-values audio-channels "mono" "stereo"
works for me

Is a 50% CPU use on a 2017 MBP normal when watching animu (mkv)? It seems high (I've seen 10-15% quoted), but I got a similar stat out of VLC - seems to be encoding related.

Modern laptops have shitty CPU, but they are less energy-intensive. Furthermore Mac hardware/gpu decoding is terrible.

Got it, thanks. Turned off hq decoding.

I've not been talking about you specifically.

It's just that as long as NGU looked noticeably better than FSRCNNX with the Spirited Away test image, many users here claimed it was a bad and unfair test image. I bet now everybody will like the test image. And people have been complaining about NGU Sharp making lines too thin for a long time here. But I bet now the FSRCNNX thins the same way, suddenly it will be exactly right. Sup Forums simply is like that.

Can I (gofag) use mpv?

>Turned off hq decoding.
What do you mean? profile=opengl-hq? It has nothing to do with your processor load. Or that was a typo and you meant "hw" decoding (hwdec=auto)?

Does madVR still have noisy GPU issue?

You look paranoid or pro madVR. Sup Forums is not a one person. I dont like NGU Sharp and think it thins my animu too much. If FSRCNNX is identical i wont like it too.

Do you know what a remux is?

Are you a pro-mpv? Why? Is it because you don't like windows or because you think foss is better or maybe because madshi fucked your wife?

>he downloads remuxes
whew

>being so butthurt and insecure about his product
relax and fix the multiple bugs you introduced in new version!

stop watching kid anime

Why would I download re-compressed 1080p to watch on my 4K monitor? Or re-compressed Ultra HD now to watch on my 8K monitor one day?

Remuxs' are inferior to encodes - no idea how you got the idea of a Remux being the be all and end all into your head

you can go fag yourself