>go build lego replica of twin towers
>proceed to recreate the happening with model plane
>parents see this shit
>got grounded

Other urls found in this thread:

brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgewbu131044.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was pissed because I wanted to watch my cartoons but the TV was showing some dumb building on fire.

Fucking cuties

i just got home from (junior high) school and i watch this over the news all day. it's unbelievable at first but then again i think the Israelis pretty much good at stirring the world into chaos and put the blame to others.

>tfw i realised the game is a bootleg of metal slug

I was in school.
We got sent home, the teachers weren't allowed to tell us anything. When I found out what happened I was kinda underwhelmed. Even 15 years later I don't get why people make it out to be such a big deal still.

Same

Parents' eyes were glued to the tv. I saw the smoking buildings but didn't understand what it meant.

I was just so happy to go home early.

i was 3 so idk probably some stupid shit like sleeping or pissing

It was after school, I was with my (big) sister, watching the TV. News showed towers falling again and again. we were like

I was eating cake from my 1st birthday, from the day before.

Was 4, remember my parents watchkng the tv and just saying omg a lot.

Remember the buildings on fire and collapsing.

Didnt understand what it all meant of course.

This. The cartoon was Dragon ball Z.

>11 years old
>didn't watch the news
>went with my usual course of the day
>teacher goes 'yeah it was 9/11 yesterday u guys seen it?'
>'i wanna play pokeyman gold already'

I was in Hawaii with my family. Yanks said "This is second Pearl Harbor!" I laughed at it. Then the Yank got mad at me.

coming home from 1st grade

it was first experience of how dangerous the world could be

everything changed afterwards

Checked

Classic Japanese humor.

my dad had just dropped my older sister off at elementary when it happened. He packed me back up in the truck again and picked my sister back up from school. Then he continued to become Alex Jones.

Watching the news

I was in daycare so I don't remember shit about it. My mom says she heard about it on the radio but thought it was a joke at first.

Am nineteen currently in case any memer tries calling me underaged.

nice quads and childhood humor

I was 16 and studying for my grade 12 IT exam.

>Skip school to watch goku new sayajin form
>When goku start to transform they start showing a building on fire
and they didn't even show the same episode again, they just skipped it in the next day.

It actually happened. When I just had gone to Missouri, I reminded of it.

It was kind of wierd how it was shown everywhere in every country in real time
Like I was 9, has no fucking idea what the towers where or what was happening, just watching smoke and people jumping, hell I thought they where jumping to fall into a net because thats what happens in cartoons

>argentinian education

I remember the next day that happen
All kids are joking and acting like those niggers jumping from the second tower.

sleeping. It was 6 am PST

>wake up, go to school. Dont even remember my parents saying anything about it
>get to school, everyones freaking out
>heard announcement about it over loudspeaker
>some kids were picked up by their parents
>still had to sit through whole day of school

and that was it

enjoy PKing in diablo2

feels good when I imagine Americans are suffering right now today

>2nd year in college
>wake up at 9 am
>go out to car, and hear the the pentagon is on fire
>go inside and tell roommate that the pentagon is on fire and turn on tv
>see world trade center buildings on fire
>think to myself "Wow what a coincidence" then a split second later I realize what is going on
>drive to school and pass the air force base
>2 jet fighters sitting on runway with missiles attached
>get to school and every teacher cancels their class
>go to the cafeteria and watch tv
>later that night me and my room mate spend 45 minutes waiting in line for gas since there was some stupid rumor that there was going to be a gas shortage

h,hello grandpa

>ten years old in fifth grade
>remember weather walking to school that day was cool for September and comfy as fuck
>was excited because my scholastic bookclub order of Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX and Age of Empires II came to me in class that day but the mood was dampened
>early morning class was interrupted by office manager coming to tell the teacher what happened
>all the other classes got to watch it live on tv in their classrooms
>my cunt teacher was the only one that didn't let her class watch anything
>years later she was our teacher again and had us watch the pope's funeral (it was a catholic school)

best ally

hey bby

>All kids are joking and acting like those niggers jumping from the second tower.

school or something but I only found out when I got home
I really didn't get it and they tvs had been showing the footage over and over and over again of the tower collapsing that I got the sense that something significant happened but it still didn't really hit me.

Yep, same here.

I was 10 years old and was angry because my favourite tv-show was cancelled because of the news.

I remember not really understanding why it needed so much news coverage since America is so far away from Denmark. I didn't really believe it had anything to do with us.

>in 4th grade
>live in NY
>notice slew of fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars driving past my school
>one by one fellow classmates are called down for early dismissal
>teacher isn't giving us any information but everyone knows something is happening
>eventually get picked up by mom who tells me what happened

was pretty scary. i had relatives stuck in nyc while this was going down and nobody knew if they were safe or not.

Freedom itself was attacked that day. Any freedom loving person in the world could sympathize that day.
brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgewbu131044.html

>be 4
>i was at home watching the tv with my parents
>suddenly burning buildings and shit
>didn't know what was going on but knew it was really bad
>parents were freaking out
about all i can remember

I was 9 and I was in class. Came back home for lunch and saw my dad freaking out about the events. Still very vivid in my mind.

>>parents were freaking out
pansies

That was the day I realised United Statesians used a retarded date writing system.

It was 6 AM PST and I was 4 days away from being 3 years old. I don't remember anything.

I was 7, very pissed off because they cancelled power rangers for that shit. I had classes only in the afternoon (1PM to 6PM) and they cancelled them because they though WWIII would start

>Statesians
wtf is that

A fancy word to say 'murricans.

I remember back to when I was at least 2.5. Maybe you were molested and had to block it out.

At college. Most people around me had never heard of Islam before. (You think I'm joking but I'm not.)

It felt like we were being attacked without warning or provocation by people who had just popped into existence.

Toddlers fuck off

>Most people around me had never heard of Islam before
Where do you live?

Same thing, even older people are calling news and asking why they keep talking about.
Was ridiculous because there was nothing else to talk about it after 1h.

Don't be silly. 9/11 will be for the next generations what the defeat in the teutoburg Forrest was for Rome. The turning point and the end of an empire.

Lol, he is American. Know the name of 4 countries and 64 ice cream flavors is the expected education.

I chuckled at your story.

I don't remember (was 4 at the time), but according to my mother, she was going to wake me up for school when she saw the news on TV. My father called her from one to confirm he was okay.

On another note, Seth MacFarlane was supposed to be on one of the planes but missed it due to a shitty assistant. The co-creator of Wings and Frasier David Angell was on that plane and died.

back then it really wasnt a thing particularly in the public mind, it really wasn't.

lol 9/11 was probably when i learned there were more religions than christianity and judaism. i was in elementary school though.

>Gulf War...

No one cared that they were muslim - it was a small sidenote.
We didn't really care about it during bosnia either.
You obviously weren't even slightly aware at the time.

>Be 11
>Have flu, stayed home from school
>Wake up, my bedroom is freezing
>No, just my bed is freezing, it's wet
>Get up and look at bed and my pants
>It's diarrhea
>Like 2 liters of snotty diarrhea
>Fuck my life
>Good thing my bed has a vinyl protector because my fat ass eats and drinks in bed every day
>Throw pants in garbage and shower
>As soon as I get dressed, the phone rings
>It's my dad, says to turn on the TV
>Every station is showing the towers falling
>lol I don't give a fuck, I'm so far away
>At least the people are dead and aren't suffering from flu like me, those lucky fucks
>Be annoyed because none of the stations are playing cartoons for the whole day

I was in COMA

I remember my farther and mother were looking into the TV, and my mom was almost crying.
I was a child then, so my bro and me had no idea why they didn't allow us to change channel, but we understood there was unusual mood in my home.

I still remember the television pictures at those days.
P.I.P

My mom was crying
I had wet eyes too, I was 10 and understood what was going on

Watching Pokemon

Jokes and eurobanter aside, we were really shattered by that attack, I've seen grown men crying. It was an unprecedented attack against unarmed civilians and seeing it felt horrible

Later on we got used to it so attack in France was treated much differently. We only had the same feelings for Bieslan in Russia.

I was in 4th grade so I was 10. I actually haven't thought about this day a lot much except whenever it came up in class when I was still in school. Those memories tainted mine a bit but...

I have no recollection if school got out early or not. Actually, I remember seeing the second impact. In retrospect, I am pretty sure that I skipped school that day, because there is no other way I could have seen the second impact in my living room otherwise. The only thing besides that which I can recall is my best friend (at the time) having called me asking if I'd seen what had happened. I told him, like the edgelord that I am, that I didn't care because I didn't live in New York.

Those were certainly uneasy times though, for sure. The only similar feeling I've had to 9/11 in my life is when a family member has died. The day of is just crazy, then everything after is just trying to get back to normal but it never really stops being kind of fucked up.

>It was an unprecedented attack against unarmed civilians and seeing it felt horrible
wut?

>>me
>>be 4

>actually being born 1992>

>It was an unprecedented attack against unarmed civilians and seeing it felt horrible

feels bad when you're on the receiving end eh, kiddo

Now I'm growing up, and I'm on same side of my parents and understand why they couldn't stop watching the TV even if they are not American.
Almost all people have the persons whom they love and are loved.
The persons who attacked America at that time might have their own justice, but bullying any poor victims is so stupid thing each other.
So I hate the people who are kidding about those situations.

I'm sorry I'm poor at English and I don't have worse word than "stupid".

Well said, and I agree. As I got older it became easier to empathize and relate to those people that died and imagine what they and their families would have gone through.

I was home sick when granny tells me: "WTC is die."
So I yell out: "THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT! JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS!"

>West Coast fag here
9 years old
Learned about it literally as soon as I got to school, teacher told us
got excused from school for the day

Honestly that was the best part of that day, weird I don't remember a whole lot about it. I probably just chilled all day and played OoT. Felt like any other day.

Came to post exactly this. I just wanted to watch my cartoons before going to school and it was 9/11 every channel.

>teutoberg
>end of an empire

>brazilian education

My parents were watching TV quite loudly, so I woke up from my bed to check out what's up. I don't quite remember their reaction, but they didn't let me switch the channel, so I missed an episode of x-men cartoon and got upset about it.

This one? youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk

That and Gargoyles were my favorite cartoons of the 90s.

Yup, this one was one of my favorite cartoons after spider-man and TMNT.

Just reminded me that everyone hated the Greek kid in my 3rd grade class because they thought he was an arab
Greeks confirmed not white

>was 10
>over hear family chanting allachu akbar allachu akbar over the tv
>go see what it is
>parents cheering
>buy me a new bike that day
it was a good day for me

Playing with the terrorist watch I got from ebay, osama had taste.

my parents were indifferent, my grandpa was actually happy and said "about time" to all of his friends for a week

I didn't give a fuck yo

>Be 3
>Sitting in front of the TV while dad watches news with mom explaining what's happening because he doesn't speak english
>I see the second plane hit the tower LIVE
>I think to myself: "Wow that house just ate a airplane :DD" and laugh.

>tfw people all around the world were denied Dragonball Z
We had the same thing here. It just isn't fair.

I was in a plane. Going to Cyprus, the vacation there was nice.

;_;

I was 11, at about 8am Mum came back from feeding her horse and heard about it on the radio. She got me to show her how to work the tv and we watched the news for about 15 minutes. I remember thinking it was funny that the guy who did it's name was Bin. Then I went to school, it was a pretty normal day until about 230pm when the teacher started talking about it, she said it was pretty scary to think that people thought jumping out of a 70th storey window was a better option.

She would have rather burned in an inferno or suffocated?

More a point about how much of a fucked up choice it is to force somebody to make...

Oh, I see now.

Didn't give a fuck, was only slightly pissed because they didn't air any cartoons that day and every channel was broadcasting 9/11 shit 24/7

Got home from school and was eating crumpets and marmite when I saw it on TV desu

I watched the 3/11 Tohoku coverage and jacked off to all the dying Japs in the floods. Stay radiated bro.

9/11 and 3/11 best days in my life.

It was night, and my older brother said the jews attacked America

he was right

I was monitoring the operation, bismillah

was in school and didnt really care about a bunch of americans dying on the other side of the planet

> be 8
> random building on fire. WTC what ?
> terror attacks here all the time, not thinking it was anything special

>we suffer more
>it's a shoah all over again

terrorst attacks?
you mean when you're killing palestinians?

That's not what I said, fucktard.

One shooting and you guys run away like it's WW2 all over again.

When you hear about attacks in the news almost each day eventually you just don't care