Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Modern-Method-Guitar-Volumes-Complete/dp/0876390114?ie=UTF8&keywords=guitar method book&qid=1464472115&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7
guitarcenter.com/Fender/Classic-60s-Jazzmaster-Lacquer-Rosewood-Fingerboard-Electric-Guitar.gc
guitarcenter.com/Fender/Classic-Series-50s-Telecaster-Lacquer.gc
guitarcenter.com/Fender/Road-Worn-50s-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar.gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BASSBREAKER 45

OR

65' DELUXE REVERB REISSUE

???????????????????

I've tried a twin and a bassbreaker 18/30, loved the bassbreaker and had mixed opinions on the twin, however that was mostly because I couldn't dial in a good low volume tone.

What guitarists use a fingerpicking style for electric? I started playing acoustic with my fingers and figure I might as well commit and play lead guitar without a pick. Who do I have to look up to? Including the Knopf

tons of people, my friend

if you stick with it long enough you'll realize its a lot more versatile

Isn't that mostly a country guitarist thing?

Reposting this here, in the 'real' thread.

Just got this from CL a couple hours ago. She's real purty.

>inb4 birds, jack of all trades/master of none

New thread, same sideways posting...

op of the other thread here- just deleted it

i should've put a picture of a guitar at least. still fuck the copypasta
>still sideways

lol

What's a decent loop pedal you'd recommend for a guy who's only got an OD pedal? I want another pedal and decided to get a looper to help me practice. Is the boss RC-1 any good? the RC-3 seem too expensive and I think it has too much stuff in it.

Wes Montgomery

why does everyone play better than me and is anyone else getting this impression about their playing

The only thing I'd recommend you is getting rid of that GIO and practice amp. Nothing good's going to come out of any of these.

anybody here have a warmoth neck? how do they compare to american fender?

thinking about building a partscaster, not actually milling anything just assembling parts i like

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

Same here. I just use my insecurities to try harder and find better ways to practice.

pls tell me gib advice to me

do you have throwaway gmail sage guitarwizard?

The GIO's going to be there for another while, it's still fine to me.

I'm looking for a better amp though. I heard the MG30CFX is shit but most reviews say it's good and when I played one it was nice (much better than the Ibanez). Anything in its price range you'd recommend?

what better ways?? I don't know what I even want to play anymore and every day I don't practice I feel like a lazy piece of shit

Don't force yourself to play it when you don't even want to.

You won't find many people on /gg/ that actually know or tried the bassbreaker. Sounds good in the video reviews at least.
RC1 is good but very basic, RC2 actually exists and is cheap on the used market and RC3 does seem a bit expensive but is very complete and has a huge memory. Ditto and digitech jamman are also good options.

amazon.com/Modern-Method-Guitar-Volumes-Complete/dp/0876390114?ie=UTF8&keywords=guitar method book&qid=1464472115&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7

Been learning through this book and complementing with songs from bands I like. I'm making slow progress,and I'm at maybe page 57 after a couple of months of serious practice but its really fun.

You're not alone in this user, that's exactly how I proceed.

>The GIO's going to be there for another while, it's still fine to me.
Sounds like you've either lucked out or been playing for a couple months. These things can't stand being played too much.
As for amps, go for a good 1x12", like basically anything with a celestion speaker, any head's going to be limited by your speaker, and any guitar's going to be limited by your amp.
Don't buy a practice amp, even if yours is shit, there's no point in having an expensive practice amp unless you've already got an amp and some money laying around.
Personally I don't like the MGs too much, but they've got enough power for a small venue.

thanks man, looks interesting

so according to you
>speaker>amp>guitar
this is how stupid you sound

I like the MGs quite a bit. They have a tone that's pretty different from other amps. I really like the way they respond to different pickups/guitars. Then again, it doesn't sound like a fender reverb so it must suck

Its a pretty good book, has original practice songs, and teaches theory without being too informative. Its a bit dry, but thats why I also learn songs from bands I like as well. I would recommend it. I like the structure it gives my practice. Helps me a lot.

Any amp will sound like shit if you play it through some bad speakers. The cab's still a non-issue because they're not pricey, you can get a cab with a celestion V30 for 100 bucks if you know where to look at, but your head's still limited by your cab.
Same for the guitar, a GIO through a dual rectifier'll sound better than a prestige through a 5w starter amp

staytrem bridge arrived today, pumped as fuck

Lots of people prioritize amps over guitars.

Here's how you should think about it:
An amp van contribute to some of your final tone or nearly all of it. That's because perfectly flat amps exist. On the other hand, you can have a high gain amp that sounds nearly the same no matter what you plug into it.

Someone saying "the amp is more important tan the guitar" isn't really accurate insomuch as it depends on their taste in amps, but you can't really refute it either.

The thing about cheap practice amps, is that nowadays they are pretty decent at producing a flat boost. In the past they really sucked at giving you a full range, but I think overall they tend to be better now. There's a lot less difference between a high end solid state and a low end solid state these days than in the past. Most people don't like this, but some people tend towards it.

I've been playing for one and a half year. The bridge saddles are going to shit and the selector switch is fucking up but the guitar is comfortable and its sound is alright. I'm actually kind of lucky to have bought a GIO, here in Brazil there's a lot of worse trash around.

For the amp, I want a combo since I don't have too much money laying around for a cab+head. Not too much power wither since I play in an apt. That MG has a 10" speaker. Basically I want a good sounding SS amp that isn't overkill.

After I get a new, better amp then I'll look into a new guitar, probably some RG or S Ibanez with a fixed bridge.

I feel the same way but I think all guitarists regardless of skill feel that way. I think that's how those things go, the thing that drives someone to become incredibly skilled at something is the unshakeable feeling that they're not good enough. At least that's how I feel.

You won't be disappointed, my man.

>any head's going to be limited by your speaker, and any guitar's going to be limited by your amp
>your head
>limited by your cab

Retarded generalizations like this is why no one should be taking any advice in /gg/ threads seriously. Anyone telling you every amp head is being limited by a single speaker cab should be ignored. There are all sorts of scenarios and amp/cab combinations where this wouldn't be the case at all. This is just an absolutely ridiculous claim to make.

Warmoth is a licensed Fender OEM.
Their necks are just as good, if not better than Fender's.
I've built a few Warmoth partscasters, and they all play as good as Strats I've owned in the past.

Drummer here but I'll apply how I felt to this in hopes it helps. Who cares there is always going to be someone better than you especally with being a musician. It's a hard pill to swallow I still haven't fully swallowed it after 5 years of playing. Just because there are other people better than you doesn't mean you aren't good. I can guarantee you're a phenomenal musician just keep fucking practicing don't ever quit practicing or else you will become bad keep practicing seriously!

Because the amp head vibrates and makes sounds on its own right, so it's obviously not limited by the cab.

>There are all sorts of scenarios and amp/cab combinations where this wouldn't be the case at all.
Please elaborate, I'm genuinely curious as to which heads sound good through anything.

where can i get someone to finish a guitar with nitro?

i don't like poly and i want it to wear with use

>Post gear
a lot of stuff, I have about a dozen guitars, a big amp, most of a recording setup, a garage full of tools, and a beastly pedalboard.

>Post desired gear

Almost No desires, have everything I need to pay guitar, saving for more school and survival + touring and renting space.
Would love a nice Viola, A 25 watt head to finish a midsize rig, a Roland street cube for busking, some day when I’m feeling good I’ll buy a nice jazzmaster.

>How long have you been playing?

20 years violin
14 years guitar
Drums and Bass
I can also do tech work and fabrication

>Fav guitars?
Telecaster

>Fav guitarists?
Paco De Lucia

>Projects?
Box of shit recordings, tons of stuff lost to time,
List of failed bands, alienated friends.
Get burnt out on the guitar go back to classical music,
It really comes down to friends; you need social support to win at music,
Or it really doesn’t matter what you have or what you can do.

>Talk about and play music?
Meh

>General guitar and bass discussion

3 book recommendations

Carl Fischer – The guitar grimoire – I swear by it, others hate it, takes a long time to understand, he has a bunch but you should just get the black book and really soak it in.
Jazzology – This book is heavy but has an excellent crash course in music theory

The Fake book – If you want to make money at this learn to read and comp, this book has everything to play jazz standards, no one wants to hear your shity rock band unfortunately.

I went started young on violin, played in orchestra up through college, kept playing after, worked in a music shop doing repair, and worked in a guitar center for 2 years, if you have actual questions I can answer them, like anything..

Have faith we’re all just the same everdancing shit of the world,
But you are still my brothers and we all need friends…

Guitar reranch, they sell vintage paint and fender colors you can buy in spray cans, I did this when I was younger, turned out reasonable.
Buy a Warmoth body unfinished or a USA custom guitars body, a basic wood will run you like 200-300

There are a couple vintage reproduction models fender sells that are reasonable that are in laquer

guitarcenter.com/Fender/Classic-60s-Jazzmaster-Lacquer-Rosewood-Fingerboard-Electric-Guitar.gc

this comes to mind, beautiful guitar...

/gg/ kiddies, you see this? This is why you should be looking elsewhere for your information. Trolling is one thing, you're just being willfully stupid, what you have here is quite a different situation though: pure unadulterated ignorance concerning the subject matter.

Friendly reminder.

Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb is $1,489.99 CDN new

I'm scared to buy used since I know nothing about tube amps and what to look for, and maintenance.
Should I go for new?

Can you post a good looking guitarist instead of an old hag ? thanks

Those gold prs are very pretty. Saw them at GC.

>that stench of failure
>that blogpost
kysmm
>sideways pic
kys samefag

dumb frogposter

That is really expensive, fucking Fender pressing prices. Just get one used, worst thing that could happen is that you have to change tubes once every year.

ʳᵉᵉᵉᵉᵉᵉ

I am absolutely sure that you're band will be different... you are special, you are better then the rest, the things you make are new and innovative.

Never give up.

i'm so fucking frustrated right now

why can't i have a nitro finish tele at a reasonable cost.

guitarcenter.com/Fender/Classic-Series-50s-Telecaster-Lacquer.gc

guitarcenter.com/Fender/Road-Worn-50s-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar.gc

for 900 you could assemble the same guitar out of nice parts... buy it or just make it happen.

Look they even beat it up for you...

>buying new guitars

Why do you want it so bad?

>write a song
>it's shit

NOT AGAAAIIIIN

i'll try again tomorrow boys

y/n to the "new vintage modified" jazzmasters / jags? i want a new guitar and they aren't too expensive

huge noob, have been using a pacifica since i started playing

Nope, that wasn't me. But D for effort.

The Pacifica is actually a very decent underrated guitar as far as function goes, set it up and it works as well as any.

Don't buy a jag for your first guitar, they have weird bridge problems combined with bad tuners it's a begginer's death trap.

Jazzmaster is better, but really don't buy either of those, the controls are complicated, and it has the same issue with the floating bridge.

Get a Excellent condition Used MIM tele or a Strat

Yes, we're all aware of how clearing your history removes the (you)s. Nice try though, sideways pic samefag.

Yeah, dude. Listen to this guy . The same faggot who wrote this and this .
>Have faith we’re all just the same everdancing shit of the world,
>But you are still my brothers and we all need friends…
Pic related.

Lindsey Buckingham is a master.

I thought he was being sarcastic in that reply no?

>poorfags

yeah fuck that dude, I own a vintage modified jaguar, its great!

He's obviously just some failure loser faggot doing laps in the self-pity pool. You want to join him?

Go ahead and listen to what he has to say, misery loves company.

>weird bridge problems
can be solved by swapping the bridge for a mustang/staytrem/mastery bridge

>bad tuners
never had issues with mine, owned one for 2 years

>begginer's death trap
exaggerated as fuck, all the solutions come down to upgrade parts

Can you guys help identify what model V-pick these are? I think they are screamer but not sure.

memepick

does anyone have any experience lowering the height of strings on an acoustic with a bone saddle? i've read about it and watched some videos on it but i'm just curious about some of the processes people use to do it. i have some shitty throw away acoustic and want to practice doing stuff like this on it just to get a grip on the process

Because if you are asking if you should buy a second tier squire copy of a guitar you understand how to get upgrade parts, install them, restring, set the truss rod, and intonate it, to make your 300 dollar guitar work how it should?

I'm sure it plays well in tune.

fair, but pair it with a moving bridge for someone who doesn't tune well in the first place, it's a winner.

It's not hard, but you need to know how to set the truss rod first before you do it...
Capo at first fret, hold down the string at the 14th (body) adjust until the fingerboard is almost flat (.01 relief),
keep the capo on 1st, figure out how high you want the height at 12th fret, figure out how much you need to lower, and you need to take twice as much off the saddle.

Once you get the strings off (should be same gauge as original) get a plate of glass and some grits of sandpaper, mark it and sand to the desired height.

You should know where everything else is thought, old guitars usually have neck angle problems that are more involved, the top is often impacted from the bridge pulling forward, and if you go too low on the saddle where there's not enough of a break angle it will back buzz...

Really need to get my hands on one of these

Why'd you drop the name, 8va? What just suddenly changed, bro? Your failure loser faggot ass wouldn't be trying to hide now, would you?

There's a lot of good advice from knowledgeable people on the internet.

Now answer the question.

Why does floyd rose get its own section in the op? Is it that difficult to set up?

Pray for death,
this hobby is useless,
get out while you can,
or you never will.

we real talkin' bro?
or just circle jerkin on idol
worship?

lyes, you do,
that will make you better.

Nice projection but I've always wanted a LP and I love the look of wine red on flame maple

Discuss

It sure raises a lot of fuss when it's brought up.

I'd love it if it had a rosewood fretboard

I'll take that as a "yes" then.

Bitch. Faggot. Pussy.

easy as pi.

kill it dude,
what better place then here.

I want it.

M E M E M A C H I N E
E
M E M E M A C H I N E
E
M E M E M A C H I N E
A
C
H
I
N
E

>Anything that I don't like is a meme machine

is the neck angle problem why some of the guys use a straight edge to check the neck/bridge height?

at least you writing instead of noodling out random notes everyday, bruv.

Keep at it.

This, At least you can write shit. I can't even write shit.

>mememachiner memeing me
memey

>write a song
>I've just re-written Wish You Were Here again

This has to be the 5th time this has happened.

Just get a small ditto looper. And ignore all these other shills, that amp is fine for practicing

ditto looper. i have the small one with only one switch on it. if i had to buy it again i'd spend the extra money and get the one with 2 switches so i could just hit the stop switch instead of having to hit the button twice to make the loop stop. it gets slightly annoying having to stomp on it twice to make the loop stop with the small one. it's not a big deal, just a small preference, thing works fine as is.

So look at two things, look from the side of the bridge on that acoustic, on most guitars in front of the bridge is a 'belly' this happens when a guitar gets older and usually emerges after 10 years or so from the string tension.

the other thing is look down the neck,(tuners to tail) you can see the curve in the neck, that's relief, the guitar needs a little bit of relief because the string orbits in an ellipse, it changes with weather. If it's too much ( bending backwards, then it will buzz in the first 5 frets)

the other thing that happens is the glue loosens on the neck and it usually starts to pull up. Eventually it needs a neck reset.

you can't go farther then flat on the neck, so to get good action, you take a bit off at the nut, get the neck flat, and try to lower the saddle. Beyond that you have to do some something more involved and it's never worth it on junky guitars.

they're probably trying to see if the plane of the frets are flat. thats why if you show someone you're guitar sometimes they'll tell you it can't be fixed, it's too impacted just to do the first 3 things and expect it to work well. when it starts to happen it tends to get progressively worse because the higher the string the more torque it's putting on the top.

but do it, seriously, it's educational to work on junk.

RC-3 has internal memory and save slots, biggest selling point, handy for song writing.

Same, but schizoid man

>tfw no lime green Hamer Standard

RIP Hamer

>beastly pedalboard
>over half of it is an m13

late to the party