Post any short(ish) piece of notated music and I will record it on a cello and post the Vocaroo!

Post any short(ish) piece of notated music and I will record it on a cello and post the Vocaroo!

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s07KZl9LEaxV
vocaroo.com/i/s1w9J0xhxC11
vocaroo.com/i/s1cemmfg8qms
vocaroo.com/i/s0PkZFURUCaj
vocaroo.com/i/s101DozETlFf
vocaroo.com/i/s15SVmc0yHOi
youtube.com/watch?v=y3U0Bja8KBM
vocaroo.com/i/s1DxvfZ6QTpV
youtube.com/watch?v=38QwLRYK8X0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

vocaroo.com/i/s07KZl9LEaxV

Kinda gonna skip notation because I don't have the means atm but I can ask you if you could do some improv in e minor

Challenge: make it minimal and emotional as shit boi

You will be graded on this so don't fuck up

vocaroo.com/i/s1w9J0xhxC11
I don't usually improvise but I gave it a go!

I'm impressed, good job

How long have you been playing?

thanks - since I was 7, I'm 22 now

At least some of it
Bonus points if you can tell me what it is

nice a challenge! I'm kicking myself that I don't recognise it I've heard it so much. BRB learning it

Here's the first few bars
vocaroo.com/i/s1cemmfg8qms

I imagine you've had quite a bit of orchestra experience. Did you study music in college as well?

You're a really good player! nice work

I've played in lots of orchestras but I don't like it desu, not enough individual musical input. Just finishing up at college :)

I'll have a look at this now, I'll try my best to do everything you've written! (I presume you wrote it?)

Sounds great, did you figure out what it is yet?

Yep I wrote it. Hope my handwriting is readable heh. Thanks man. I wrote it on the cello so should be playable, I'm a pretty crappy cellist though so... yeah

let's get some jazz up in here

>Treble clef
do you even know how cellos work?

If you're going to write high use tenor clef u faggot. Cellist mostly read bass clef though

vocaroo.com/i/s0PkZFURUCaj
hope you like it

wow this will be tricky but I'll give it a stab

no it's the slow movement from some sonata maybe? I'm pretty sure it's with piano and I've heard Shafran recordings maybe?

I've got the pitches/rhythms pretty much for the first 3 bars but it sounds pretty awful!
vocaroo.com/i/s101DozETlFf

this up next, though I've never actually played any jazz yet... we'll see

actually people regularly write for the cello in treble clef, bass tenor and treble clefs are used often

Can you play an excerpt of Mahler's fifth last movement

>vocaroo.com/i/s0PkZFURUCaj
nice work man, sounds great!

I really wanted to write a dune-inspired solo cello work a few years ago, I got as far as 8 bars or so into the first movement ("Wormsign") but kind of left it there. Maybe I'll get back into it once I finish my symphony....

here ye go, I think it sounds OK after all phew
vocaroo.com/i/s15SVmc0yHOi

this up next!

hey, that came out pretty good. thanks for doing it.

here's the definitive recording on Pinocchio from Miles Davis' Nefertiti for anyone interested in a comparison:
youtube.com/watch?v=y3U0Bja8KBM

I found the cello part online and picked this cello tune from fig. 27 onwards, just before the final rush. hope you like it
vocaroo.com/i/s1DxvfZ6QTpV

Second movement of Schubert's arpeggione sonata, great piece
youtube.com/watch?v=38QwLRYK8X0