How come rockists love this album so much? It's one of Mingus' more forgettable albums

How come rockists love this album so much? It's one of Mingus' more forgettable albums.

i'd like to hear your definition of what a "rockist" is, and how it relates to this album

my favorite new e-meme

>It's one of Mingus' more forgettable albums
What a load of crap.

Rockists don't into mingus

>using "rockist" unironically

rockist is a pretentious guy who thinks rock is superior to dance music.

literally everyone thinks that
Its like thinking steak tastes better than iceberg lettuce

who the fuck wants to be rockist when you can be a rock star
rockist = for nerds
modern dance is actually pretty good at making rock look bad, meme & old fashioned

it isn't?

kek

exactly, that's the type of gay statement a rockist would make. You get the concept

>How come rockists love this album so much? It's one of Mingus' more forgettable albums.
So whats the BEST mingus album? Blues and roots or let my children gets my vote

Which is ironic in the context of this album because it was written by Mingus to be a ballet

Please explain what makes this album so forgettable enlightened OP

>listen to album
>forget about it

what's so hard to understand?

The fact that it's a ballad automatically makes it shit by mu standards

>creates a rockist thread
>doesn't know what a rockist is
for those that don't know:
Rockists treat rock music as the standard of popular music, and therefore criticize albums of differing genres (R&B, Electronic ect.) by rock criticism standards

it is not a bad thing and it is not a good thing, but it is irrelevant in today's music climate because there are no objective standards by which one can criticize music

It's also a massive fucking cringeworthy buzzword, it doesn't win arguments shitlords

not quite. Rockism is just the general bias that some form of music is inherently better than others. A lot of times rockists use rock music as the standard but it can actually be any style/genre (jazz, albums, etc)

I absolutely love Black Saint, but I wasn't a big fan of Let My Children Hear Music (might need to listen to it again)
Where do I go next?

Blues and roots

That's cool, thanks. I'll also try out Mingus Ah Um and Mingus x5