Why does Sup Forums like such shit music

Why does Sup Forums like such shit music.
All im seeing is niggers, emo faggots, metalfags, and shit electronic music.
Where is the good Jazz, Bluegrass and Prog Rock.
Pic related, dont post if you're a fag.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4bjPlBC4h_8
youtube.com/watch?v=JvDNQI-xbqo
youtube.com/watch?v=SO0IuCnkex4
youtube.com/watch?v=NWkSOOS8lWk
youtube.com/watch?v=eNc7u38vk5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=SjfspM5sDIA
youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU
youtube.com/watch?v=KEHqVjjxlOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lE_Ki9ztuXg
youtube.com/watch?v=2dZbAFmnRVA
youtube.com/watch?v=D5iX9YhCCp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That guy's hat is excessively large.

Bela Fleck is pretty plebby desu. If you're going to rip on Sup Forums's taste than you should at least post something good.

Has to be big to hold all of the musical grooves hes got going on up in there.

>Where is the good Jazz, Bluegrass and Prog Rock
>posts Bela Fleck
holy shit kill yourself anytime famalam

This isnt Bela's best work but its the most memeworthy picture i could find of him.

>calls me a pleb
>is a fucking weeb

>Where is the good Jazz, Bluegrass and Prog Rock.
It's ironic how Bela Fleck is wearing a fedora on that cover.

You see Jazz and Prog threads at least twice a week

>Bluegrass
W E W

E

W

>he doesnt know desu is word filtered from t b h
this is literally your first day on Sup Forums

>>>/reddit/

>is a fucking weeb
You do know that is from a word filter right. Or have you not been on Sup Forums or Sup Forums for like a year?

>Sup Forums is bad but shitty bela fleck is better
LMAO

It actually is my first time venturing onto this garbage website, im running out of musical ideas so im coming to you greasy bastards for ideas, but i guess you guys have none. Go outside, play an instrument and get the fuck off this forum for once bro, might get some bitches on yo dick you yee yee ass cracker.

>mfw the average Sup Forumsrant can't understand that people like different things

>posts a nigger
fuck outta here bro

I don't like your attitude m8. here's a 10/10 tune for you to think is awesome and enjoy for the rest of your days regardless

youtube.com/watch?v=4bjPlBC4h_8

Not him but if you think bela fleck is a bad musician, you don't play an instrument or know anything at all about music.

>Where are the jazz threads
>complains about niggers
oh shit op what are you doing

holy fuck someone actually posts a song instead of having a fucking cry 10/10 to you senpai

There is a fine line between niggers and black people.

prog rock is cringey garbage 90% of the time. garage rock from the 60s and proto-punk/punk is the real shit. there's nothing wrong with classic emo like Indian Summer or Drive Like Jehu anyway

fleck is still fucking cool

perhaps you will have a better time on reddit music where close minded people such as yourself tend to congregate

Fuck off greasy neckbeard. if your not going to post music or have some quality bantz fuck off this thread pal.

I can handle a little bit of built to spill but other emo music just doesnt do it for me.
And when i say prog rock im going along the lines of Jethro Tull and other bands alike.

>Why does Sup Forums like such shit music.
Because Sup Forums is populated with underage nu-cucks.

What autistic basement dweller went to the trouble and time to make that collage?

that's what I meant. ELP, Genesis, and Jethro Tull are emotionless drivel and Lester Bangs was right, prog and new-wave along with other bleached white bland rock killed rock music. I like the Mars Volta and Henry Cow, but I just like the jazzy punk aspect of the former and the jazz-fusion of the latter. mahavishnu orchestra are fucking awesome too and don't blow dick like Yes, Marillion, Tool, and Porcupine Tree anyway.

anyway, you don't know anything about emo anyway so I'm not sure why you're shifting on it. Built To Spill kick ass and I'm seeing them live in Sept, but they aren't even close to being part of that scene. Rites Of Spring and At The Drive-In, man

For fucks sake all ive got is a bunch of angry autists and no one posting music. Why the fuck does anyone even use this shit website?

that's the implied punchline to the joke that is Sup Forums and media based Sup Forums boards as a whole

Most users here know to some degree that liking different things isn't really a big deal, but there's a lot more fun to be had in overreacting. The people that actually do hold ignorant views are used as the means to generate drama and entertain the antagonizers, which can often be more entertaining than having people just antagonize each other.

And in between you get some legitimate discussion and sharing of interest.

Tripfag collages are a yearly tradition round these parts newfriend. All the more reason to filter their asses before they make the next one.

>Yes and Genesis are emotionless
Man Close to the Edge and Suppers Ready both bring me to tears every time. Maybe prog isn't your thing, but it isn't all just instrumental wank. You may have a point with ELP, but prog can be very emotional and very real. Out of curiosity, do you like King Crimson? Seems like it'd fit comfortably within the range of prog you enjoy.

Out of those prog bands you mentioned Jethro is the only one i like, Genesis is fucking horrible, never heard of ELP. And yes Mahavishnu is fucking awesome, and billy cobhams solo work is great. and i dont claim to know about emo, i just want people to post some music along the lines of what i mentioned.This is why i made the thread to find new music and discuss it instead ive got a bunch of greasy basement dwellers giving there 2 cents.

I like ITCOTCK and Larks' Tongue, the rest is alright but not as much my thing. I can't stand the vocals on Red, which is really too bad because that's a cool album outside of that. While I'm throwing band names out, I'd just like to say that I fucking hate Rush 1000x more than the rest altogether

have you heard anything by Univers zero?

then look into early post-hardcore/emo, starting with Rites of Spring. you'll easily find a more comprehensive guide to all that on RYM then I could give you

and no, I'm not defending fucking pop-punk or /emoe/ bullshit like Brave Little Abacus

I've heard 1313, which was fantastic. Never got into them much beyond that. On the topic of avant prog, Art Zoyd is really great.

Sidenote, I love Rush.

Art Zoyd are fantastic of course. I guess I wrote some inflammatory shit about most prog, enjoy what you like dude and don't listen to my drunken ramblings.

PS the more progressive Residents albums are really great, Kultivator too

Ive sort of grown out of small band music with the generic instruments. im a musician myself so im always looking for things that push the limits of music. Ive really been getting into saxophones and brass instruments. One of my favourite bands atm is Morphine but i wouldnt know what genre to put them under.

Heres some good jazz and prog
youtube.com/watch?v=JvDNQI-xbqo
youtube.com/watch?v=SO0IuCnkex4
youtube.com/watch?v=NWkSOOS8lWk
youtube.com/watch?v=eNc7u38vk5Y

I can see where you're coming from when you talk about rock and how it's supposed to be dirty and raw. Rock, in it's essence, is a basic genre. I just like when some bands expand that with other influences and ideas.

I've never listened to The Residents beyond Meet The Residents, Duckstab, Buster & Glen, Eskimo, and The Third Reich n Roll. What're some of their progressive albums?

what the fuck is up with the start to that fire orchestra song.

Its a fedora

one of the singers in the group is Sofia Jernberg, she's all about that avant garde singing, it's pretty great

>Yes
>Blows
You nigger, you fucking nigger

Don't worry OP, this board has shit taste, I know. Listen to THIS shit, it will change your life.

youtube.com/watch?v=SjfspM5sDIA

I love Morphine

you should listen to Seven Impale - City Of The Sun if you want a really sweet heavy jazz-fusion album, especially if you like Mahavishnu Orchestra. Se Dice Bisonte, No Búfalo is a pretty fucking cool album from ORL, who's a fucking funk-jazz maniac when he tries. do you like James Chance?

also, on the topic of small bands: I think I prefer the intimate sound of a simple four piece band a lot of the time. sure, complex heavily-overdubbed stuff is cool, but the live in studio sound of shit like Fun House can't be beaten for me personally

>never heard of ELP
You've never heard of Emerson Lake and Palmer?

Oh thats too much for me man, im a simple man when it comes to jazz, more a jazz fusion type of guy i would say, although i really do like Chet Baker, Miles Davis and Dave Brubeck and all the classic folks.

sorry dude, too sterile for me. don't like the excessively complex stuff in the first two songs, and the last one sounds like a demented attempt at Queen-esque hard prog which I already hate desu
Not Available is fucking beautiful
that's another awesome band that you should really try to get into. all the studio shit and the live albums are fucking great, just get over the singing or learn to appreciate it

>excessively complex
What? Its just melodies all throughout...the beginning guitar solo notwithstanding. The second song is literally an extended 70s pop-rock song.
If the organ in the first song didnt make you cry your a soulless bag of flesh
>I GEEETT UPPPPP
>I GETTTT DOWOWOWNNNN
pretty fucking straight forward

im trying out city of the sun now, pretty chill. Ill have to try out all of these bands when i get the chance. i really like small four piece bands but ive just listened to so many small bands and it gets to the point where alot of it sounds the same. i dont know though being a musician myself i guess im a bit judgemental when it comes to music, because i know when its just uninspired garbage because i also play alot of uninspired garbage.

Kek

No i havent throw a good song at me

I don't like them, I just found it hard to believe that you've listened to prog and never heard of Emerson Lake and Palmer, their one of the 5 pillars
Their most famous song/album is probably Tarkus.

i do find it pretty ridiculous that someone can say they like prog but never even heard of ELP

only prog ive listened to is Jethro, Pink Floyd and a few of the other old british prog bands, i know it sounds normie as fuck but i like it. its the music that got me into playing music.

im confused, is this OP or is this OP? or

two of those numbers you posted say its me, must just be my shit internet, i live in the middle of fucking nowhere lol. Probably worse than the australian sick cunt data plan.

I mean I'm a self taught bassist and guitarist, been playing since I was fifteen in a number of bands, so I know how you feel sorta. It's a bit different for me, I've learned to appreciate technical playing more of course and sometimes spot bullshit filler (part of the reason I fucking hate Yes and Genesis and especially ELP), but it's pretty rare to hear any kinda actual strange bullshit in a song or whatever. studio stuff is generally really polished, and a producer would correct shit if a band was really playing irrelevant nonsensical bullshit all the way through. definitely seen some disappointing strung out live performances that I might have not found to be such fucking shit if I wasn't a musician but I mean whatever. don't think playing an instrument matters much in the end honestly, probably why all the band and orchestra girls in high school listened to stupid shit like Taylor Swift or Blink 182 like everyone else even though they knew far more formal shit than me

youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU
Well here's their most famous song
You should also check out:
Camembert Electrique by Gong
4 Visions by Eskaton
Sacrifice by Black Widow
King Crimson in general...
and if you like Jethro Tull maybe listen to some Procol Harum...perhaps A Salty Dog....lots of sappy (in a good way) ballads...kind of reminds me of Aqualung but with less of a rock edge.

Just started listening and i like what im hearing.

oh just looked over this and I wanna reiterate that I'm wasted dude, sorry for this mess of shit but maybe you'll get it

Yes and Genesis certainly have some "bullshit filler" in their discographies but their most revered albums...Close to the Edge, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound, The Yes Album, are front-to-back solid writing and playing.

King Crimson is pretty good, not my cup of tea tho. only like a few of their songs. but this ELP song is great sounds like this band has a lot of potential. might have to listen to more of these guys

Either way, here are some of my favourite prog albums
youtube.com/watch?v=KEHqVjjxlOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lE_Ki9ztuXg
youtube.com/watch?v=2dZbAFmnRVA (cant find the whole album on yt)
youtube.com/watch?v=D5iX9YhCCp8

im personally not a huge fan of ELP, though I do love Greg Lake's vocals, i just cant believe someone has never heard of them, even my mum knows them

Haha dont worry dude its coherent enough for me to read and i fucking relate to it man.

haha im a bit behind on music man, especially living out where i do im just basically locked in a room in the forest with nothing but the music i already know.

alright basically my issue with those prog bands is the way they structure their music. everything they write exists for the guitarist and keyboardist to solo for fucking too long without any actual songwriting behind their playing. I'm pretty sure those bands walk into the studio with only a vague skeleton of an idea of what they want to play, and just play these ridiculous key solos on the spot. if they actually write this shit out in advance then I'd be impressed and disgusted at the same time, because it doesn't seem like music they've actually refined and worked on as a band at all

on the other hand, stuff from even the mars Volta is usually way more tightly structured (in part because ORL writes 90% of the material, so the funky bass grooves, tight drumming, and guitar all blends together with the vocals to create relatively cohesive music, Noctourniquet being the exception IMO). even pitchfork of all places said that the music that the Volta wrote was not purely an outlet for ridiculous soloing but actually rather tightly structured and together band-wise.

I understand that you probably disagree, but try listening to something like Tarkus or even the title track from Close to the Edge vs Drunkship of Lanterns.

PS: I just used TMV because they work well as an example of a very "together" band in a genre of very untight group playing. obviously not the only prog group I like

Loving this Caravan album, you've turned on the receptors in my pineal gland, cheers user

Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Gentle Giant, Caravan, Soft Machine, and Van Der Graaf Generator don't follow the tropes you dislike in prog. Masterpieces like Close to the Edge, Foxtrot, Larks' Tongues In Aspic, and Octopus are very organized and very structured, with tasteful songwriting. Sure, some prog falls into the shit you've mentioned, but the best of it is fantastic.

I still think that Thick As A Brick onwards is too much for me (the blues-y hard rock stuff is alright but not my thing), same goes for Close To The Edge and everything Genesis put out.

Never had an issue with Van Der Graaf Generator, King Crimson, or Soft Machine in the first place.

Forgot Gentle Giant, who are very good too

ELP is wanky for my tastes, but Close to the Edge??? When was the last time you heard this album? The first 4 minutes is a guitar solo, or wank if you wanna call it that, most of the rest of the album is devoid of almost everything you mentioned in your first paragraph. There are LOTS of songwriting moments, vocal harmonies, drawn out keyboard chords, and melodies. I've watched live performances of Yes and the guitar work, keys, almost everything is exactly as it appears on the album, barring a few differences.
On the other hand I feel that Mars Volta won't spend any amount of time on a melody...they sing it, play it, whatever it once, and then move on....not to mention their guitarist won't stop playing the in the same fucking box for 20 bars, its sickening that you say TMV isn't wanky, but Yes is. Now...I don't like TMV but I'll admit they sound like a tight unit...but thats also true for yes. Even the first 4 minutes, that guitar solo that i mentioned is accompanied by some pretty dynamic bass work and drum fills, every time the guitar has a slow moment, a drum fill or a bass line pops out and fills its place...as for the rest of the album? Its most melodic-pop moments with the same keyboard/bass/drum chemistry....
Maybe you're just not used to the type of sound that Yes has so their music sounds isolated....maybe thats why i don't like TMV...hmmm

As far as Genesis is concerned...i dont' know what to tell ya, they seem like pretty straightforward songwriters with little to no wank...I don't like them particularly well but I can't say they do anything bad for their early albums

I cant take Yes seriously because of Owner of a Lonely Heart. i do like roundabout tho. Jethro Tull is definately not one of those shit prog bands you are talking about. Ian Anderson is a fucking genius.

Hey, this thread, what's your favorite kind of snack food? Mine is Club crackers.

Owner of Lonely Heart was after they started getting 80s stink all over their music. their 70s stuff is goat though

Just listened to a bit of mars volta, the vocals shit all over the what was good music.

Three Friends is the only Gentle Giant album i can get into...

what did you listen to? imo the vocals are better integrated on their early albums and get worse on later albums. I can understand not getting into them anyway

Televator or some shit

Ok im listening to close to the edge right now and this is some good shit.

that's kind of a ballad. you should at least give De-loused a chance, as a whole it's better than that one song.