Just listened to madvillain and i did not feel anything, it's not bad or good. It just went by

Just listened to madvillain and i did not feel anything, it's not bad or good. It just went by.

What have i missed? How do i get into this?

Listen to it louder

You need to listen to an album multiple times to fully appreciate it.
The only album I liked on first listen was Illmatic

you perfectly described mediocre music

That's true, I've listened to Mm...Food so many times

"Say it!"
"I've been.."
"I've been serving a tyrant my entire life!"

"I come with great urgency to warn you. Many among you have had their brains taken over!

You went into it expecting a masterpiece.

Listen to it again in a week or something. Your expectations will be normalized since you didn't really like your first listen. Then you'll realize it's just a dope record.

I think all rap albums take me a couple of listens before I can form an opinion on it. Like the lyrics come by so fast its hard to make sense of everything straight away.

Listen to it loud and be high

I think on my first listen I pay more attention to the beats and punchlines to be honesty.

Get off my Sup Forums

Listening to MF DOOM is a lot like attending a class with a teacher who knows more than any teacher you have met or will ever meet in your whole life, but knows nothing about how to give a class. He can provide an AMAZING experience, but you MUST come to class knowing your shit, and being ready to focus intensely, not expecting to meet your friends and have a nice time. Then, you can be one of those who get out of class saying "HOLY FUCK", instead of those who say "meh, that was boring", AND you'll realize how blind they actually are.

That's because his voice is monotone and half those beats are boring as fuck. It makes it really eat to tune him out.

Not to mention the pointless amount of skits.

>eat
*easy

OP I'm a huge hip hop fan and I can't get into it at all. I really wish I could.

>probably listens to nas, biggie, tupac and eminem
>I'm a huge hip hop fan

Focus on the bars. Doom has enough dope rhymes to last several lifetimes.

(That rhymed. Unintentional)

>Just listened to madvillain and i did not feel anything, it's not bad or good. It just went by.

That's usually how first listens work.

One of the main strengths of the album is how perfectly the production mixes with the vocals which is a good thing but it means that nothing jumps out without active attentive listening.

If you focus on the beats you'll realize the beats are fucking incredible, if you focus on DOOM's rhymes you'll realize the rhymes are fucking incredible. If you listen to the whole album a few times while having an appreciation for the individual elements, you'll realize all of the elements fit together and the whole thing is fucking incredible.

In my opinion, Madvillainy is really just the intersection to two artists who happen to be at the peaks of their respective careers.

Maybe you're not into one/either of the artists very much? It was an instant hit for me.

It's better this way OP. You will have more time to listen to other music. With Madvillainy I can listen to it over and over again and nothing else.

these are quotes from the album :)

what kind of pleb only listens to an album once?

I fucking hate this meme
There ARE albums that take a few tries to digest. But it's not every single album. This album is fantastic but it's not like it's incredibly complicated that has hidden facets to look for; I liked it on first listen. It's just fantastic beats with fantastic rap on top. If you don't like it you probably won't