BUT IGNORING YES

THIS IS A FUCKING OFFENCE

I WILL DESTORY YOU ALL

UP YES

YES IS MY HERO

I LOVE YOU YES

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FUCK YOU FUCK YOUR SHTTY MANUFACTURED POP

THESE GUYS ARE NOT ONLY EXPERTS IN THEIR INTRSUMENTAL FIELD BUT THEY ARE AMAZING SONGWRITERS

THEY REINVENTED MUSIC LIKE THREE ALBUMS IN A ROW

OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU ARE ALL SO FUCKING CUNTS

THAT PINPOINT DRUMMING
THAT FUCKING BASS
THAT GUITAR
THAT SINGING

OGMGGGMMGGM YES YES!! YES!!

ALSO FUCK PINK FLOYD THEY'RE FUCKING RETARDS

This was basically me at 12 years old. Except I liked Godspeed and Pink Floyd, and Grimes didn't exist.

I-I was...Trying my best user...

what are you talking about? this album is talked about constantly

Yes is probably the most mucore prog band other than King Crimson

this but ironically

Tried listening, this shit boring

Stop listening at your fatherĀ“s music and grow some self made identity.
Yes, I am projecting as fuck

objectively wrong, Yes has great energy

did you only listen to Tales from Topographic Oceans?

You think that's bad? Try getting Sup Forums to talk about Outside, or the Leon Tapes. Shit try getting Sup Forums to talk about concept albums at all.

lol shut up jerk

What the fuck? I mean if you think Fragile is boring then sure I think you're wrong but whatever, but how the fuck is Close to the Edge boring? Every single moment is absolutely enthralling. Those bass and drums that come crashing in after the sublime middle section, followed by the most insane keyboard solo I've ever heard on a prog record backed by Chris Squire's fluid yet precise bass lines, with Bruford constantly changing the pace every ten seconds, and yet there's absolutely no strain, everything feels completely in place and effortless, with all of this leading to maybe the most blissful climax I've heard in the entire rock/pop umbrella. The piece is just has an overwhelming effect, and the two tracks after it follow it up beautifully by not trying to outshine it, but take a humble approach and build to something magnificent just from a guitar being tuned. I've never heard anything this natural and organic yet as effective this in prog rock, and maybe modern music in general.

wank wank wank wank
Wank Wank Wank Wank
WANK WANK WANK WANK

there I just described a Yes song.

Emotionally powerful and artistic post-rock>>>>>>pretentious "progressive" rock (cuz we all know progressive rock is actually regressive)

fuck off you cunt

>neck beard pleb mad cuz he listens to pretentious garbage

prog rock is bad, but post-rock is even worse, piss off

t. ADD faggot who can't appreciate subtleties in music

>not enjoying both genres
do yall even play music?

>Le open minded meme
Get taste, faggot.

>Taste is not enjoying music, but enjoying tribalism
No thanks. I don't tether myself to one genre. I have likes and dislikes, but I won't gut another man's throat because he doesn't enjoy post-ironic surrealist jebcore

>Roundabout
>boring

>taking a simple like/dislike to tribalism and mob mentality
You're fucking retarded.

haha yr a nigger :)

>he doesn't get up
>he doesn't get down

I used to not really get Yes but now I physically feel sick any time someone says they're bad

Once you get an understanding of compositional devices and free-form structures there's no way you can pass on it. Sure, they go too far quite a bit of the time and there is a bit of garbage, but fuck me if you can't appreciate a banger like Heart of the Sunrise you should just fucking kill yourself.

Yes is a shit band
The fact people still suck them off and critics still rate them highly is an atrocity
Did punk happen for nothing?

MY WORD

HERE MY FOLKS

WE HAVE A PLEB

A PLEBASUARUS IN THE WILD

Nigga, only plebs are actually impressed by Yes
Go listen to some real jazz and classical and not a watered-down rockist interpretation of those genres.

delete this

Taste this shitty physically hurts me

Fyi Grimes isn't a band - it's a genre of music created by a single person.

Classically trained, professionally performing musician and composer checking in. YES' music is quite possibly the single-most soulless application of complex music theory ever created.

if you think Yes is wank then you are retarded

Then what is Yes? It's not a bwoom, and it's not a kssh. I guess it could be a shwing but not really.

I like Yes but TFPO is literally the definition of wank. It might be the most wank album of all time.

Yes is beautifully expanded pop melodies combined with a masterful jazz/classical background.

People only like this album cause it was featured in a meme anime.

Boop doop slip wip wicka deep deep sling bing bam boom

Disgusting

are you a god

yes is mentioned like every other day here you blind faggot

I recently listened to Relayer for the first time.
I can probably attest to the statement referring to that album. The last song way okay though.

Yes: Good musicians who don't make good music.
Prog is so fucking gay

>fucking gay
found the minor

>progshit
No thanks.

lmfao

Someone tell me where this hate for Yes comes from.

They made complex pieces that reached beyond the grasp of rock at the time, but still appealed to the same audience.

Their work is chock-full of musicianship, and they had a legitimate love for what they created.

It's refreshing to see a band that celebrated music in such a way, unlike some individuals on this board.

Rock is shit.

Not fucking boring at all. You just dont understand the progressive genre in general. Its meant to be lengthy and creative. Yes has a bunch of fantastic records.

>hurr durr prog objectively is bad because I don't get it

It's dadrock

So because it's older, it's suddenly bad?

It is gay in every sense of the word. It is flamboyant musical autofellatio. Prog's grandiose masturbation is matched by none.
Prog is a faggot genre.

I just mean it's something my dad would listen to. Boring. Old. Lame. Not interesting. Generic.

You can call Yes a lot of things, but they were anything but generic

They weren't boring either

Top kek, well done, yah got me