How old are buildings in your city?

How old are buildings in your city?

I heard that some buildings in Europe are over 600 years old.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVj_CuNFuLw
youtube.com/watch?v=IjeZQqwxAaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oldest building in the netherlands, build around 1000 AC, its older than America how does that make you feel?

looks like shit

what a picardy

maybe because it's a thousand years old, i'm not sure

Oldest one in my city is around 750 years old if you don't count some stones that used to be a prussian(balt) temple.

Oldes one in poland is around 1000years old if you dont count ruins and some protowhatever stones that are from few thousand years before christ.

There's this mausoleum that's about 6 800 years old in Brittany.

If we talk about house that's still in use, probably this one, in the south.

Helsinki is a fairly new city so the oldest buildings are only as old as the United States. If you want old buildings, the west coast has some that date back to the13th century.

I'll pretty sure my local church is older than the USA

I live right near an abbey that was founded in the 1100's, very few parts standing today are actually from that time though. This church is from 1228

I live in Boston so there's a couple of places.

Most of the centre of my city was built in the 13th to 15th century. Theres older buildings here and there (a part of the old wall, etc). Nothing roman left tho, unlike in Lyon.

The barn of my countryside house is 600 yo however

my house is 450 years old

actually most buildings here in Rome's city center date back to the Renaissance or even the 19th century.

My house was built in 1600 something

Well, churches are pretty old and romanesque churches are common and they are around 800-1000 years old.

My grandparent's farm is older than the US.

return rightful clay

Wtf only 1000? How is it possible?

700 years and it's in use

1800 here, stupid Duchties can't beat us

Mostly 70-10 old cuz muh germans literally obliterated it

this thing was built in the 16th centuries,
200 years before USA was declared independence.

>NIGRA

Avignon ?

Pretty damn old but of course constantly getting repaired

If you compare it to a medieval drawing the Altstadt buildings look the same

youtube.com/watch?v=rVj_CuNFuLw

theres a monument here from 300 BC
but i wont name the place

also burgers have no culture or history
its all borrowed or fake

>but i wont name the place
is it haram

>his city doesnt have roman built hockey arena

nope Brasil
Paki chan doesnt want to be dronned

well, desu i though the burger might actually go through the trouble of looking it up for his education purposes as they are weak on education as you know

About 800 years old

A church in a shithole village where I was raised is about 950 years old, it's been rebuilded a few times though.

There are churches that old that hasn't been that hasn't been changed much like St. Nicholas' church in Cieszyn, St. Andrew's church in Cracow and some others.

This is gamle Aker kirke in Oslo, transalating to "old Aker church".
It was built in the late 11th century.

Kalisz is the oldest city in Poland.

Even Romans placed it on the map.

My city has a churc tower from around 1000AD and a lot of pre-1400 buildings.

well there is alot of old shit but the oldest thing in my city that isnt actually not some roman ruins is this wall . 1200 years old

Gre

I removed a stone, would it crumble?

it's not our fault that the natives here were savages who only amounted to building little huts

Almost all of the buildings in town are old colonial buildings, unfortunately the locals do a shitty job at maintaining them. Even worse than that, the oldest, most historical parts of town are also the shittiest, most crime ridden parts of town.

dude

The Netherlands has no qualms replacing old shit.

My city is over 2000 years old and it used to be Roman fortress.

We got a 500+ year old church. The castle is 300 years old. Oldest house is 200.

But the buildings are max 600 years old. Although they sometimes dig up old archaeological findings as people have lived here for 35k years.

weed lmao

saint barthelemy collegiate church, construction started in the 11th century and lasted less than a hundred years so 900+ years old except for the towers which were rebuilt to look like the originals during the 19th century, the two aisles in grey stone on each side which were added during the 18th century, the neo classical portal and the french baroque interior

the church being in the historical center of the city it has been used continuously for over 900 years and had to be renovated and modified multiple times throughout history but the stones of the westwork, the original aisles and the chancel have been there for nearly a thousand years and except for the neo classical portal and the two additional aisles it looks almost exactly the way it did during the 12th century, especially since it was renovated in 2006 with its original ottonian style colours, before that the stone was apparent, they also restored the interior of the westwork back to its original style

the church also houses a 900 years old bronze baptismal font

Almost 800 years old.
I bet crusaders destroyed everything older.

I have family from Trier. I think it's of the nicest place I have been to. Lovely people

>this
We destroy a lot of 19th century architecture, because we simply have too much of it

My city is bombed by the Americans, British and the Germans, so are not more than hundred pre-1800 buildings left. The oldest complete building is a church dating from 1300 in Hillegersberg, which is not very old for Dutch standards

This the modern city

my local pub is 600 years old desu. my local church where I was baptised around 1000.

it would be extremely unstable

youtube.com/watch?v=IjeZQqwxAaU

Oldest house in my city ~700 years old.
There are some 1000 years old buildings in my city too but not used as flats anymore

Oldest ones are 400 years old or so.

>my granddad's cesspit is older than the entirety of USA

too bad it never went anywhere

My village church is about 700 years old

3500 years old, blows my mind when i think about it, pic related

I guess the church nearby

From the 6th century, so 1500 years old ?

It's nice and interesting because beside christian graves there are both roman/byzantine pagan tombs and slavic tombs as well.

In the city proper about 360, in the metro area a little over 600

there are far older buildings up to around 2500 years in other parts of the country though

where?

I find medieval Serbian stuff really cool for some reason

Nice, I wish Asians/Mexicans would post more in these threads, it's a bit dull when it's just euros all the time

You're an embarrassment for all Dutch, your English is horrid.

Don't post again until you can speak it fully

Kanker MBO-er

Kraków

/old buildings/?

I remember when i visited the US and a tourguide got really enthusiastic when he told us some building was 150 YEARS OLD!!! everyone in the group was like... So? then on the other hand after "a short drive of 8 hours" we reached our next destination. I like your oppinion of distance, to be honest. Here sometimes people look at you funny when you say you drove 300 km for your weekend trip.

We have a pharmacy older than the US

There's a cool mix of western/byzantine styles
Unfortunately a lot of stuff is barely taken care of since, well, we have no money :(

:(((

Achmed SVP

small area + large population

The Dom of Utrecht is build around 1250 atop a Roman fortress from around the year 50

Pic related: below the basement of the church

Vriendjes zijn

>How old are buildings in your city?
Oldest buildings are about 12 centuries old.

From the VII century. Oldest one standing (as in standing fully, there are older ones but only partially standing/ruins)

Most got bombed away. Some are from 1200 though.

Nearly entire city got nazi'd and little remaining rest got commie'd. Fortunately Łazienki Park got almost unscathed.
This is the building from 1690. Rest of Łazienki is mostly from 18th and 19th century.

Apparently the reason why it wasn't blown up was that after seeing amphitheatre, Germans thought it was already destroyed.

Forgot pic.

The oldest wooden buildings are from the early 18th century. That's because Trondheim almost completely burned down at that time.
There's churches that are way older though, like the Vår Frue kirke from the 1200s.

Dunno if its the oldest building, but the Castle pretty damn old. Built around 12th century.

Which modern Italian city are you from?

One that has been razed a couple times in the middle ages and suffered a devastating fire and an earthquake in the 1690s.
Mind you, the city is 3000 years old and we open a new archeological dig every time we try try to make a buildin's foundations, but actual still standing buildings are no more than 1200 years old. Unless you count crypts, then we reach back to the roman empire.

>Początki zamku związane są z powstaniem w XII wieku kasztelanii lubelskiej. Za czasów Kazimierza Sprawiedliwego został wzniesiony na wzgórzu gród umocniony drewniano-ziemnym wałem. W 2. połowie XIII lub w początku XIV wieku w obrębie górnej części grodu wybudowano murowaną wieżę obronno-rezydencjonalną (donżon, stołp). Wieża była pierwszym murowanym obiektem zamku.

This is the 500 years old and i can see it right now from my balcony

Maramé le seul beau bâtiment de Grenoble, je pensais pas il était si vieux

>imblying the US doesn't have farms that are older than the country

>300
Well, I cover over 400 kilometres daily to my workplace (plus 55 minutes on foot to the office building and 10 minutes of waiting for muh elevator), I mean both directions.
My train leaves in 4,5 hours, too lazy to go to bed now.

mine too

my 100+y.o house. noice.

we would've had old buildings, but St. John's burns down a lot.

toledo. Look like a medieval city. its very impressive

This pyramid was built in the 3rd century BC.

Wow, you guys are lucky.

Meanwhile, i live in a house that was just 4built in 1999

In Chicago, the oldest building dates to 1811 but wasn't in the city limits until 1891, and the oldest building that's always been in the city limits dates to 1837. My own house is a wood-frame structure from 1903.

That's not lucky at all, user. People have surely died in those houses. How the hell can people live in a house where other people have died?