Kendrick Lamar is a hack

Kendrick Lamar is consistently praised for his* music, especially To Pimp A Butterfly. However, Kendrick does not compose or play his own music. The only thing Kendrick does is write the lyrics, which are usually stupid and about imaginary racial oppression in America, and say the lyrics, but he's not a very good vocalist. He still credits himself as "Primary Artist", though, despite not doing any heavy-lifting, for lack of a better term, for his album. *Only his under name, not under work.

damn hes gonna really be hurt by this OP

Without him TPAB would have never existed, take that as a good or bad thing, it's just a fact

the fact that kendrick lamar is so consistently praised for his* music, especially To Pimp A Butterfly, only tells you how far hip-hop music still is from becoming a serious art.

the sad part is that is that mu will flock to this bait like shit on flies

nice dubs

Thanks, mate.

Niggas (or I'm sorry, faggot ass crackers) with the whole "all he does is rap about blm shit" obviously never listened to his music

I've listened to all of his albums multiple times. The music is actually good, but this is despite of, and not because of, him.

OP, what're your preferred current hip-hop artists?

Well, I don't like any current hip-hop artists, but I would respect any more than Lamar if they don't credit themselves as "Primary Artist" after doing nothing. I like The Beastie Boys, Biggie, A Tribe Called Quest and OutKast.

>Kendrick is the only one who does this

Hip-hop has become this. The only things most rappers contribute is the lyrics and that's only sometimes. I've already accepted it at this point and don't really expect much from hip-hop. It's become the new pop, something enjoyable on the surface, and that's about it. Some rappers have close ties with good producers and that's kind of where the best is at. I do like Kendrick, though because he's a good writer and explores music more conceptually than other rappers right now. I also like Young Thug and Future, but I know very well that they're just throwing in words and clever lines over some beats and it's nothing too deep. It's just music.

>clever lines

>Young Thug
>Future

wew

Your opinion OP.I personally like his music.

I didn't say the music was bad. You should have read my post. It's not his music.

is shitposting like your job or something?

Someone has to do it. My post was completely valid, though.

kendrick is a slightly above average writer for a rapper.
Most of his creativity lies in the musical elements of his rapping, not the literary ones.

thugger is not clever and is not trying to be.
I would categorize his vocal performances as neo-urban scatting.
It is a very enjoyable form of music.

Your opinion OP. I personally like his music.

What do you mean compose? You mean produce his own beats?

I don't think you know how hip hop works. Rappers being their own producers is not typical or expected.

Kendrick Lamar is memerap, nothing more nothing less.
Rap is built off of social atmosphere, not tried and true techniques

I don't care how it was made, as long as it's a good song.

Bro you'd have to be an absolute autist or retard to not respect the things that Kendrick is doing for rap. I don't even really like all his music that much but GKMC and Untitled contain some of the best hip hop possibly ever created. He just has more vision than most other rappers, to classify him with other meme rappers like yung lean and Tyler is just ridiculous

>GKMC and Untitled contain some of the best hip hop possibly ever created
b8 detected
go cry somewhere else

think of hip hop albums like films (especially TPAB) in that Kendrick is the director. The director usually doesn't set up the lighting and camera, that's the cinematographer. The director isn't an actor. The director doesn't record the audio. The director isn't everybody on crew. They set it all up and are the main, leading voice and mind throughout the entire project.

Name a better rap album than GKMC that's come out in the past 5 years

Damn

>what is a producer?

Kendrick is doing the same exact thing and same exact model beyonce is doing.

No u

ever created turned into past five years real quick

You keep telling yourself that

;)

>doing the same exact thing and same exact model beyonce is doing.
Elaborate. Also, everything by Kendrick was released before Lemonade.

Kendrick Lamar is doing nothing new to hip hop. He simply revitalized the same vein for protest rap that Public Enemy did in the 90's.
He is simply a revivalist, and derivative

Lol I was just trying to give you a chance to defend your claim, why does everyone on Sup Forums suck at discussion

>Hip-hop has become this
You mean all of music ever?
You autists really think it should be called "To Pimp a Butterfly" by Kendrick Lamar and Dr. Dre and Pharrell and Anna Wise and Thundercat and Flying Lotus and Kasami Washington and the artist from the samples, and etc etc? How about these guys are in the credits of the album and if you want to learn more you can look them up yourself?
All Mozart did was compose the songs, that doesn't mean I'm pissed he didn't include the names of everyone in the orchestras he headed.

>Completely ignoring the intricacies and depth of his rhyme schemes, let alone actual lyrics
>Completely ignoring how the majority of modern producers work along with the "primary artist"
>Completely ignoring how the people doing "heavy lifting" wouldn't have made/produced their music if it wasn't for Kendrick
nice b8 I guess

>Imaginary racial oppression in America
wew

ritualize
skelethon
perfect hair
tetsuo & youth
8 miles to moneart
XXX
we don't even live here
kill the architect
third side of tape

by the throat kills gkmc

36 chambers is better than anything kendrick has ever made

>Third Side of Tape
Oh c'mon, I like Lil Ugly Mane but the format of his tape series' is annoying and half the songs are just instrumentals.
Also, I was looking through the sharethread pastebin and thought it was hilarious that out of all the rappers in the artist discog section they have, one of the only ones is LUM lmao

>just instrumentals
are you new or something?

Daily reminder that Montie is a complete autists with pleb taste

he is, but he and his horse shaped blacked girlfriend happen to be right this time

this

TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT TRASH BAIT

He's an interesting guy with a unique style. Unfortunately way way way too enigmatic for his own good. Everything he has released has been characteristic of a young man who hides behind poetry/philosophy/mysticism/obscurity instead of saying what he really means.

In terms of being a rap god, no, there are no rap gods, rap music is accelerationist as fuck. His releases are already dated, which is why he needs to release more music if he's going to be on the cutting edge.

My prediction is that the fame and media will make him go the way of Dave Chappelle.