I'm about to start at a Christian college, and they're very restrictive about what bands their students listen to...

I'm about to start at a Christian college, and they're very restrictive about what bands their students listen to. It needs to have a Christian/godly message. This means bands that can pass for Christian, or that have Christian musicians. So far my list is something like this
mewithoutYou
John Coltrane
Sixteen Horsepower
Woven Hand
The Jesus and Mary Chain
The Jesus Lizard
Zola Jesus
Christian Death
Sunny Day Real Estate

Who else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1V9ysSj0OP8
youtube.com/watch?v=MGM7MTxZpOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sufjan Stevens

Talk Talk
John Fahey
Sufjan Stevens

I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST

Neutral Milk Hotel

In all seriousness though, lots of old jazz.

David Bazan
youtube.com/watch?v=1V9ysSj0OP8
His early work is about being a Christian.

>The Jesus and Mary Chain
>The Jesus Lizard

you're joking, right?

How do they know what you're listening to? Christians are scarey

Underosth

Fucking what

Enjoy your literal oppression

Can't go wrong with The Almost.

>facist christian liberal arts college
Sounds fun op

again, stuff that can pass as Christian... at the very least I can claim ignorance ("They're The Jesus... I just assumed!")

They're NOT facist. Fascist maybe, but certainly not facist.

What the fuck is wrong with you OP? This college will cost you a fuck ton, make college unnecessarily shitty, and no employer will recognize that shit school anyway. What is the remote benefit?

Christians are facist

They told me I had a horrible face

And they hated for it

I thought it was a beautiful face

That I found in this place

Father John Misty
Terrible choice in school by the way

You do realize most christian colleges are more affordable then secular colleges right?

Yeah secular private colleges. And I looked more into this college and employment doesn't seem like a huge problem afterward but the entire curriculum is basically cucked into religiously believing the free market by its donors. Good luck with that.

The Jesus Lizard is clearly not going to be Christian.

For some legit great Christian rock check out Neal Morse
youtube.com/watch?v=MGM7MTxZpOE

made me lel, pretty catchy

>Christian Death
um

wtf there's no way any school could seriously enforce such a policy. Anyway, their Wikipedia page says
>While loosely associated with the Presbyterian Church, the college is non-denominational and does not require students to sign a statement of faith, but they are required to attend sixteen chapel services per semester.
So there's no way you're actually going to get into trouble if you listen to secular music.

how is that even a college?

David Bowie -Starman

You're not going to really follow that rule, right?

Creed

How can they control what music you listen to? Just listen on headphones and you'll be good

Anberlin