youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww
youtube.com/watch?v=yLKB9huoTkU
youtube.com/watch?v=MWmOwpUdZc0
martrod.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=36YumVOT5BA&list=PLArAJlC1y55_DuoU_UJ1ColVR4HByK1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=TPjHUFe4AKk
youtube.com/watch?v=hzghSOZW7Zk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought the metal scene in Korea was tiny, why would their biggest paying show be there?

What the hell was he thinking?

I guess the point is how much of that money goes to the band members. There are a lot of expenses to cover, $100,000 was probably the total gate, of which a decent amount would go to venue rental and things of that nature

Can somebody please rec some essential sludge/stoner?

I thought Marrow was cool during my first couple listens, but the closer I paid attention to it the more I realized how fucking long and boring it is

Mantle > AATG > Marrow tbqh

thicc

Bong, Electric Bong, Bongdreamer, Weedeater, Bongsmoker, Dopeprayer, Dopedrinker, Smokesayer, Bongripper, Stoned Wizard, Bongcrush, Dopezilla, Bongzilla, Bongolia, Acid Dope, Dopecrush, Grassburner, Weedgrower, Stoned in Nazareth, Bongasm, Dopetower, Bongthrone, Dopelung, Dopethrone, Bongmaster, Dopethrower, Dopespreader, Weeddealer, Dopepusher, Bonguser, Bongkiller, Dopeinhaler, Dopemessage, Bongfestival, Bongman, Green Bong, Dopegash, Orange Bong, Slowbuzz, Bongjudge, Bongfarmer, Dopefarmer, Dopedistribution, Fantasy Bong, Bong mystery, Ethereal Dopean, Lord of Bong, Bongdragon, Dopelord, Bongbastard, Dope, Weed, Dopehead, Bonglung, Bongcough, Bonged Around, Bongsorrow, Dopemadness, Dopesadness, Bongmassacre

Had no idea the drummer on this was the drummer of Godsmack

quick lads post some early 80s proto-extreme metal

youtube.com/watch?v=z2ueqM-CKfQ

great find

Really dank album cover desu

>great find
siege isn't exactly obscure.

they also wrote the best metal/hardcore track of the 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zoOsvzXYL8

nah, usually quite a lot of the door money goes to bands, I think he just got ripped of by the band
I mean, 350$ per person would be less than 2k for the whole band; I've seen bands playing 10€ shows for 200 people make more than that (for that kind of show the venue makes its money in the bar)

I should probably add that venues here get a ton of government funding so they don't actually have to turn a profit

Just sounds like a bit slowed down crust punk desu senpai

true
they're considered one of the fathers of grindcore though

can everyone here agree that all "core" genres are shit, except grindcore?

>thrashcore
>fastcore
>stenchcore
>noisecore

what about hardcore? :(

Noisecore is pretty bad

Can you tell me what separates stenchcore from crust? As far as I know they're just different names for the same exact thing and people stopped saying Stenchcore ages ago.

they literally started as the same exact subgenre with different names, but there's been a ton of bands using the label "stenchcore" while playing crust that's heavier than most regular crust. you could say stenchcore today is just heavier crust.

youtube.com/watch?v=Os4tO1LWaZE

Stenchcore is just crust infused with death metal and grind desu.

>implying brutaldeathgrindcore is bad
step up son

hahaha he just got owned xD

no

that's pretty disgusting user

stop advising good hardcore to meetol peasents

>it's not like slayer hasn't released a single good album in like 30 years
>In less than 2 months Slayer's greatest album of all time will become 30 years old

Does somebody have a working link for Stiny Plamenu discography? I can't get enough of this lately: youtube.com/watch?v=fkhK3U3rbj8

>Reign in Blood
>Slayer's greatest album

I think you meant Hell Awaits

Are modern black metal bands like DsO and Inquisition truly theistic satanists or is it all just a narrative meant to fit in the BM mythopoeia to give them some sort of cred?

kek

>Reign in Blood is regarded by critics as one of the most influential and extreme thrash metal albums ever produced.[5] In its "Greatest Metal Bands Of All Time" poll, MTV praised Slayer's "downtuned rhythms, infectious guitar licks, graphically violent lyrics and grisly artwork," which they stated "set the standard for dozens of emerging thrash bands," while "Slayer's music was directly responsible for the rise of death metal." MTV described Reign in Blood as essential listening,[27] and the album was ranked number 7 on IGN's "Top 25 Most Influential Metal Albums".[28]
Haha oh wow
Can't say that about Hell Awaits

I don't know about DsO but Inquisition man is absolute madman.
youtube.com/watch?v=7bSk1of3eWc

>MTV praises something
>It's automatically good

Haha oh wow

P.S. Show No Mercy is the ultimate Slayer album.

youtube.com/watch?v=nUgZi24p4yY
>tfw I'm actually starting to get hyped for this

Oh come on, the guy is just spewing LaVeyan mumbo-jumbo. I love his music and the concept is great, but he's just rehashing the bullshit.

Post some korean metal guy

okay i might agree on that one for nigger magic alone

both but the latter is likely an incidental inevitability with DsO at least who are straightforward theistic and take from a lot of /lit/ ranging from Martin Luther to Bataille to eastern orthodoxy and whose members apparently studied theology

DMU's last year's AOTY
youtube.com/watch?v=L7EJQWL7d44
It's ok I guess, just seems really generic to me, would still rather listen 90s norwegian bm any day over this

I kinda expected him to sound like a frog

It's fucking boring, I can't tell if DMU are delusional as fuck or trolling anymore

what does /metal/ think of this album?

meh

This is good, it's actually really good but you pretty much nailed it with

>would still rather listen 90s norwegian bm any day over this

thing is, considering DMU's philosophy about "primitive" metal this choice sort of makes sense, I just don't get why they even listen to new metal in the first place if they already made their minds nothing will ever be as good as 80's and 90's metal

I'm not a big Metal fan, but this would be in my top 10 Metal albums.

Is there an IBM chart?
I'm in the mood for the most intelligent subgenre

Is this good?
I never really listened to Mayhem past Chimera, and I'm listening to Ordo Ad Chao now and it's not bad.

Recommend me some really camp but catchy power metal in the same vain as Twilight Force (and also blogs where I can download the albums from)

are you new to pm?

youtube.com/watch?v=B8zZEwgGqLw

any other blackened brutal death metal?
youtube.com/watch?v=p3LpWCfFPk8

Pretty much, so far I've listened to Twilight Force, Galneryus, Helion Prime and I've just discovered Pathfinder but haven't properly listened yet.

Post your dad's favorite metal songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=5s7_WbiR79E

Still my dad's favorite

then you must listen to x-japan
youtube.com/watch?v=EDIJQLZO4Wc
and lost horizon
youtube.com/watch?v=SYdbLfLnIHk
and angra
youtube.com/watch?v=nn7y5ShTWWU

Thanks buddy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww
we /dadmetal/ now?

>NOT ALONE

I like Converge and Botch. Is that looked down around here?

nah, mathcore is much better than grind

my sides

>tfw Alice Cooper was a guest star on The Annoying Orange TV show

grindcore is too samey

I mean I like some grind too

Power of the Dragonflame is the best rhapsody

no one likes grind, it's a meme

no one likes memes, it's a meme

Its pretty good

ur mom is pretty good :DDDD

what did Joe mean by this ??

best black metal album to ever come out of the US

I'm too tempted to listen to this but I don't want to hear a shitty web rip copy

Does any torrent site work these days? Or do I have to use soulseek?

I wanna be able to download full discogs

duuuuude what about Belzebong?
youtube.com/watch?v=yLKB9huoTkU

I've been using psychocydd for a long time now.

youtube.com/watch?v=MWmOwpUdZc0

oh my FIFH is gonna crap his pants

martrod.bandcamp.com/

it sounds pretty good tho

Who's hyped?

It gets released right before me and some friends are going to a rennaisance faire so i'll be blasting it on the ride there.

it's officially streaming m8

youtube.com/watch?v=36YumVOT5BA&list=PLArAJlC1y55_DuoU_UJ1ColVR4HByK1UE

I'm so excited, loved all the tracks they've released so far, I'd love it if we had renaissance fairs where I live, they seem like a queer ol' time.

They're usually pretty awesome if you can let yourself just get into all the campiness of it. Also theres some cool vendors.

I wore my battlevest last time i went and tons of people gave me compliments and thumbs ups and shit.

I am and am not simultaneously. I just wish they hadn't signed with Nuclear Blast.

Related question: what are /metal/-approved record labels?

I am fully hyped for this album, but I am a fanboy so don't trust my opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=TPjHUFe4AKk

great album, get a better cover pic though.

this is one of those sites it takes a good hour to find the download button on huh

well, the least disapproved 'major' label is probably Season of Mist, all the other approved labels are small underground black/death labels, with the biggest ones probably being stuff like Iron Bonehead and World Terror Comittee

It's literally right at the top, where it says "Download torrent".

just saw inquisiton tonight, was an amazing show. 10/10. im probably biased cause we only get like 3 intl bands a year.

I can't really remember much from Z2 and Sky Blue because nothing really stood out too much, so I'm hoping this is different.

torrenting music isnt really a thing now. i mean psychocydd kida tries to keep it alive bit the rules are strict and unrelaistic. free hard music is my go to. over 100000k albums form everywhere. decent as fuck request forum. and pretty much everything you could want. demos included.

It's trendy, so yep.

>Fleshgod Nathrakh
youtube.com/watch?v=hzghSOZW7Zk

Well at least it isn't too Deathcore-y like fucking Desideratum.

This question has probably been asked before, but can I get more stuff like pic related?

I imagine none of them since Sup Forumstants don't buy music.