Why is Electronic Music stereotypically enjoyed by gay people?

I myself am a flaming homo who enjoys gulping dicks and I fucking love electronic music (especially techno, psytrance and eurodance).

But why? Why is Electronica so attractive to us rainbows? I can't explain it, but I swear there's a psychological connection somewhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xh-wc2-Sr7s
youtu.be/BUbv_D9G1Kg
youtu.be/qV9W_NqFpiY
youtu.be/z566bOB5TR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's that there particularly "oozy" type of masculinity in those thick beats if you understand what I'm saying to you

It's catchy dance music for people who just want to get drunk dance and fuck. If gay people enjoy doing that than yeah I think they enjoy electronic music.

I'm gay and fucking hate EDM, musicals, and any other faggot shit that the corporate "gay culture" tries to make me like.

I think I do, actually.

There's a bit more to it than that I think - I feel sexually attracted to the music in the same way I do with people.

I bet you like Hair Metal though ;)

This is actually strongly related to Buttrock and Pop-Country.

Generic "Dance" music is catchy and makes you want to move tot he rhythm. Gays aren't insecure about those things, they embrace them.

Straight guys who love catchy upbeat rhythms need to have it disguised with artificial testosterone and dire masculinity so it's socially acceptible and doesn't compromise their masculinity.

Behind every Staind fan and every Jason Aldean bro there's a guy who really just loves Madonna but can't.

>Best friend loves Panic at the Disco
>Hannah Montana
>Katy Perry
>Adam Lambert
>Has Grindr app on his phone
>Goes to gay bars
>Firmly denies being gay

how firmly >:]

He's on a "Goddamn, I get so much mad pussy bro, here's a chronology of my recent conquests" level

well good for him for doing wtf he wants. the Grindr thing makes no cents at all though. idunnĂ´

how can you feel sexually atracted to music?

nothing you've just been socially constructed to think that way
I'm gay and prefer noise rock and post punk.
james ferraro is the closest thing to electronic music I like

House music began in gay clubs.

It's hard to explain, but it's like an audio drug that gives me the same tingly feelings love, sex and a warm cuddle do, only on an almost tantric/spiritual level, like I've entered a dimension of endless sex.

All music? Or only certain genres?

how do I make this happen for myself

Take a lot of MDMA, listen to some good music, whip your dick out and go at it. You'll brain wash yourself into having a music fetish.

Because it reminds you of the times you played around with your school friends and their ding dongs. You grew up associating music with memorable moments of your childhood.

Just Electronica, usually. Sometimes Neue Deutsche Harte works if the song is entrancing enough. If there's a choir singing the chorus in, say, a rock ballad or showtune, that can sometimes also work.

You have to let yourself fall into the music, to let it define the laws of your mindscape.

Gas - Pop 7 is a great song to practice with due to its length, depth and repetitive but varying nature:

youtu.be/Xh-wc2-Sr7s

dont talk shit about based Aldean

Any more recs? Stuff like this and The Field interest me, especially when I'm on drugs.

>Gays aren't insecure about those things, they embrace them.
gee i sure wish i was more of a stereotype

>stereotypically

There is your answer

Why are you even asking

Be old, don't like something, tell the people that gay people like it

as far as the stereotype, i think it goes back to disco, if we're talking modern EDM club culture. the discotheques of the 70s were places that gays/lesbians/trans could hang at while doing coke and no one would bother you. once you stepped out onto the street though, obviously a different story. although once edm went massive in rave/festival circuit by the late 80s early 90s, tolerance of gays, etc. obviously changed and although now it's fine, it's not like how it was in the 70s.

I've never found anything quite like that, but Susumu Hirasawa has a similar ambience and feeling:

youtu.be/BUbv_D9G1Kg

youtu.be/qV9W_NqFpiY

youtu.be/z566bOB5TR4

Is it still that way? I know gay clubs is where all that stuff caught on in the early 80s idk. Hi-NRG and Synthpop.

/femininity if ur trans :3

House Music was invented by gay Blacks/Hispanics who didn't really have a place to hang out at so they started playing music at warehouses where it was all inclusive.

This one time I was masturbating to some random xvid and I hadn't turned off the music I was listening to. Early on in the video Tom Waits' Goin' Out West came on and it magically synched in with the video's sound. Visual cues were matching with the song's tempo and the sounds from the video just blending in perfectly.
Needless to say I came hard and fast. Never felt anything like it since then.

This user understands

This is exactly how I feel with a really good Techno or DnB set. I'm a straight guy, but maybe this is why I'm still a virgin?

Oval - 94diskont