Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PINEq6biuKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"have a nice life"

This has to be the last song
The lyrics are so fitting

No one cares

USA here who dis

Just a bunch of Canadians sharing feels, never though I would see Sup Forums show compassion. Thanks bros

is he reading cue cards?

last one?
"I got to go, it's been a pleasure doing business with you"

Probably will be ahead by a century.

"And disappointing you is getting me down..."

>If I die of vanity, promise me, promise me,
>They bury me some place I don't want to be,
>You'll dig me up and transport me, unceremoniously,
>Away from the swollen city-breeze, garbage bag trees,
>Whispers of disease and the acts of enormity
>And lower me slowly, sadly and properly
>Get Gord Downie to sing my eulogy,
>At the hundredth meridian
>Where the great plains begin

still waiting on Cordelia

>Armed with will and determination,
>And Grace, Too.

i have a vid of them performing grace, too on saturday night live
gord is really animated and the crowd doesn't know wtf. aykroyd introduced them

Yeah probably this

Also I imagine there'll be 3 encores

He has brain cancer. His doc said he might have trouble with word finding etc.

fuck dude

fuck fuck fuck fuck

Never listened to them before but I dig it. Will check them out now. Shame about the guy.

Aw fuck fuck fuck this

fuuuuuuck

>it was a ruse

F

I hope to god it is. I don't care, I hope for literally anything that will allow him to live on.

>ITS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OVER BUT THE CRYING

THE ONIONS BE CHOPPIN

ONE LAST ENCORE PLEASE

Your wish was granted

>Ialready saw them live so none of this matters to me

[spoiler]I'm kidding my feelsometer is twitching hard right now[/spoiler]

ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE ORDER OF CANADA FOR GORDIE

It's okay to feel this one time user we all understand.

Put him on the 20

Shit's depressing, man.

It's getting renamed the Gorder of Canada, book it

I wonder who is gonna be the guest vocalist for the 10 year reuinion

Naw, the other's careers are over, they die with Gord.

GIFT SHOPPPPPPPPPPPP

I would say Scott Weiland but...

He's going out playing a set that's two and a half hours, to a sold out crowd in his hometown, that the entire country is watching, with terminal brain cancer. This is a better end than I'll get. This is a better end than most of humanity has gotten. I'm going to cry, and get drunk, and be comforted by that fact.

they're not even 50 yet
I doubt that

He never lived long enough to become the villain. Its a beautiful send off.

ONE MORE SONG AFTER THIS

"Good night all, we're gonna do one more then hit the road"

PLEASE NO

IT'S TOO SOON

Don't die, Gord. Please, holy shit

This is it, lads.

Gord is only 52, it's entirely possible the others are younger.

AHEAD BY A CENTURY

THANM YOU GORD

;_;

BEST FOR LAST

AHEAD BY A CENTURY

I guess, but death is death.

>JOHHNY SELLOUT RZEZNICK WILL LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE ETERNAL PRESERVATION

THANK YOU GORD
>THANK YOU GORD
THANK YOU GORD
>THANK YOU GORD

I meant they're getting buried with him in the pyramid that will be built in Kingstom as his tomb. He will bring them to the afterlife.

F

Yeah, that's why the drinking. But if you can't hold onto what's great and what's good in the teeth of what's inevitable, well, what else is there for you?

>and disappointing you is getting me down

Please Gord. Please, don't go. It's too soon, man.

It doesn't help that like half their songs sound incredibly sad given the context.

it is as if he always felt this was coming

As much as I'd like yet another encore, what a fantastic way to end the show.

Not even being melodramatic, it's gonna be a while before I can listen to any of their songs again.

buck65 hosting the post show

I love you all

youtube.com/watch?v=PINEq6biuKY

I felt compelled to listen to this.

"It'd be a beautiful thing, to see that beautiful thing, continuing".

I saw them on the 24th.

I just cried like a bitch when he broke down during Grace, Too. Can't believe he came back and sang another three after screaming his soul out.

Was it acting, tho?

who /depression/ now ?

Ah, man.

I haven't had a good cry like this in ages.

I am. Hugely. He doesn't deserve this in the slightest.

>JOHHNY SELLOUT RZEZNICK
worst person to ever get a record deal
I hope his funeral is egged

I keep hoping that this show magically does something to his body that'll bring him about to beat this fucking cancer of his.

God damn it Gordie, not like this.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

because bad things happen to everyone

It was rough seeing him fucking up lyrics and the pain. Jesus, that grimace.

Some of the bravest shit I've ever seen, though. God bless you, Gord.

>Steve Jobs died a billionaire with a legacy of lies and thievery thrown under the rug deifying him forever

I don't think so. He started dripping tears, not just sweat, when he threw the mic down.

What's your point?

>I'm dying
>better act sad
You're a huge faggot. I'm not even a fan but this turned me into a weepy eyed fruit.

Have you ever seen a band play live? They occasionally mix up the lyrics on purpose; Gord's been singing these songs for 20+ years. He knows the words

Hey man. Dw.... the main Hip thread hit 400+ posts. Sup Forums was a space for grieving Canadians tonight.

i missed it, is it going to be replayed somewhere?

Brain cancer could be fucking with him, though. Apparently he had a teleprompter or something built into the floor.

the youtube cast should be replayable

I'm living in the states right now, just been here a couple of months, nobody here knows the hip. These threads were amazing, we were all crying. Confirms that there is basic human decency beneath all the awfulness of mu and Sup Forums.

Yeah, he's coming off of major cranial surgery and chemo, and the cancer is really advanced. He had to have teleprompters with lyrics all tour.

Making it all the more impressive his delivery was so natural and he was able to mix in some ad libs, like he always has, most of the time tonight.

Yeah I came back from the lake and 3 different towns I could hear this concert playing from various places before I got home. Many beers were drank.

I was worried mu/ didn't like rock but I'm glad some hip fans enjoyed a bittersweet night

I'm not a religious person, I've never prayed before, but now I'm praying for anything, literally anything, to fix this. Error in the scan? Cure for cancer? I don't care, just literally anything for Gord to not have cancer.

oh don't worry senpai the yeezt infections will be doing nothing but spamming hate for gord in another week

I remember seeing them at edgefest in toronto in the early 2000s when they were the headliner it was the first time I got to see them super bummed I couldn't see any of the last ones. Qhqrd to believe that's it.

The sweet payback I will get if Kanye dies.

If only we lived in that world, friend.

If it helps, he's snatched a piece of immortality, at least in this country, something most of us will never do.

Just got in from watching it at Dundas Video in Toronto with a bunch of strangers. It started out meek, but we got it going. By the end we had the whole place yelling and cheering.

RIP to The Hip and best of luck, love, and strength to Gord as he starts treatment...

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

It's terminal, bro. He's not gonna get better.

Gord fucking killed it

whether or not he needed teleprompters isn't important. the dude is dying, yet he provided a better concert than most able-bodied people are able to pull off (three fucking encores!).

Great show, almost 3 hours, and they got to almost every song I wanted to hear, Gord is a Canadian legend.

This. Guy is dying from cancer, and he smashes the concert out of the park.

>they didn't play Escape Is At Hand For The Travellin' Man

I know it'd have hit way too close to home but fuck if that isn't my favourite "lesser" Hip song

Did they play 38 yeqrs old.

He was definitely less spastic than he's been in the past, it was kind of sad to see the energy level drop. Saw the Hip at the Stampede a number of years ago and Gord was almost literally bouncing off the walls, he broke at least three mic stands throughout the set.

Dude I love this song too. So good. Probably my favourite behind Fireworks.

>they die with Gord.
They get buried alive in the pyramid with him.

He has terminal brain cancer that he's already had surgery and chemo for, and it's the last stop of a 15 show tour. He was pretty fucking energetic considering the screams and dance moves he pulled out given the situation.