Who are your favorite artists?
what music style/genres do you prefer?
Do you keep up with new music?
Favorites of the 2010s so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/turnyQx/library/artists?date_preset=ALL
rateyourmusic.com/list/turnyQxx/twenty_10s/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's barely any posters over 20 here.

I barely and rarely post here, but am over 40.

Favourite artists ... Fuck, I am stuck in the early nineties.

New Order, The Smiths, Stone Roses, 808 state ... Make that stuck in Manchester 1989-91.

I also love house, techno and their derivatives. And rap music, britcore like Hijack, Gunshot, Silver Bullet, and US stuff like Paris, Public Enemy. Still stuck in the nineties.

Prince is the best and biggest of all time.

Keeping up with new music is hard. Every december I ask around what people's favourites the past year was, and try to listen to it. I come across some gems that way.

The best album of the 2010s for me is Susanne Sundfor's Ten Love Songs.

Yes

last.fm/user/turnyQx/library/artists?date_preset=ALL

breakbeat 'ardcore, turntablism, downtempo/chillout, modern funk and soul, breaks, acid jazz, nu/future jazz, broken beat, groovy bleeps, Caribbean/central American trad folk, chamber music

Yep

rateyourmusic.com/list/turnyQxx/twenty_10s/

>tfw closer to 30 than 20

I'm 50, I never post here, once in 3 months I see an OK thread.....

I like shit from the late 60's to now, but I am extremely picky

There is a lot of stuff that I loved when it came out that aged terribly

Somethings are timeless:
King Crimson's first for instance
Joy Divison for the 80's but also more obscure bands like In Camera from that same era

90's I'd say Spiritualized, Aphex Twin, some shoegaze

2000's lots of crap came out, Electric Wizard's Dopethrone was one exception

2010's I think is too early to see what will really stand the test of time, some drone ambient music maybe

The last of Radiohead I thought was okay, I can't say I can picture listening to that in 10 years

Also been listening to classical music all my life, and will till I die

lol old people

>1. post a thread about tinnitus
>2. "muh earplugs ears will be ringing for days trust me"
>3. ???
>4. Profit

Ben UFO, Nina Kraviz, Shackleton
Techno
Always
Most of the Fabric mixes were good

GNR, NIN, Jane's Addiction, Depeche Mode...etc
Rock and Industrial
Somewhat, but not really
White Lies, Biffy Clyro, and Editors have been the only bands to grab my attention in the last 15 years.

Neil Young, Suf & old 1960's psychedelic stuff.
I try to keep up: I read pitchfork. And I love weird frontier music (OPN, T.Hecker).
Fav 2010s? Arca. And lot of deep house. no more Rock tho

25 here. I hate Sup Forums but it's good for wasting time between activities.

No one asked you.

reportin'

Of all time? Big Black, Sisters Of Mercy, The Sonics, Jesus and Mary Chain

Punk was my first musical love, but its rare to hear anything new sounding in the genre anymore. Still like metal, and its definitely a more interesting genre than punk right now. . Was a teenager in 1990 in Seattle, so you know I love me some grunge. As I age (and live in a rural small town) old country sounds better and better....

That's why I'm here. Chelsea Wolfe, Wovenhand, Pissed Jeans, Gevurah are all contemporary favorites

Exmilitary blew me away when I first heard it, still love it, but I've liked every following Death Grips release less and less and now don't really give a fuck about them

'sup bro, I think we've been quite a few of these threads. I hope you're laughing as hard at the thought of my old ass skeezin' on chicks at a metal show as I am at yours at a rave

Haha, I think it's easier to age with dignity going to metal shows rather than raves. The stamina needed ... 17 year old me could go all night, I'm lucky to flail around for song or two before I'm wheezing too much.

Do you just stand still at metal shows then?

You are the only person I know over 30 who doesn't just listen to rock

I don't.

well, unless it's like a really small local band, in that case the 'pit' consists of maybe six high school kids and I don't want to be that 40 year old asshole that wandered into the show with beer on his breath and breaks some kid's nose with his elbow

yeah, is a bleep and bloops show any fun at all if you don't dance? I only mosh, so not caring to dance really made the few raves I checked out way back in the day pretty pointless to me.

They had some grade A splittail tho

Moshing is dancing.

not if you do it when no one else wants to, then its just being a violent dick

If you meant to link me mate, not been to a rave since 1994, not been clubbing for many years too. Last show I was at was Smoove + Turrell, a Northern funk band.

55 year old here. Sup Forums resident since 2008

Favorite Artists U2 and Tori Amos
Favorite Genres - Rock and Alternative Rock
I try to keep up with whats currently popular though I seldom listen to anything current that I can't hear off Top 40 radio.
Favorites artists of 10's - St Vincent and Muse