Mastodon

Similar god-tier bands? Perhaps some album suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=087_0B-9SdA
youtube.com/watch?v=rCc901E02eY
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZRDsc9EPCo
youtube.com/watch?v=3uF3x_MBEa4
youtube.com/watch?v=6jPdXoYVFiM
youtube.com/watch?v=XSiHKvHYV5g
youtube.com/watch?v=-hXUL_z_1oA
youtube.com/watch?v=LLUyctCZCPw
youtube.com/watch?v=lSvbjAxlW90
youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb4E7oEZq0
youtube.com/watch?v=uNH4MtTJ-yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Peter sotos - proxy

pic related

>Peter sotos - proxy
Interesting.

I saw these two bands live when they toured with Gojira. Holy shit, if you think it's epic in stereo, see them live. All three sound incrediblet in real life.

Though I didn't much care for this album.

Baroness is shit.
Try Gojira, Sepultura, Kylesa and Neurosis.

Best fucking live band ever.

I dunno if you'd like this but I used to listen to Mastodon before I got into Monolord, I still enjoy Mastodon but this stuff is definitely god-tier also imo
youtube.com/watch?v=087_0B-9SdA
youtube.com/watch?v=rCc901E02eY

or Windhand
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZRDsc9EPCo

or maybe even Om
youtube.com/watch?v=3uF3x_MBEa4

I am enjoying the fuck out of Om at the moment. Thank you dude!

Thats kvelertak m8

Awesome. All confirmed god-tier.

Op i have just the bands for you

New Keepers of The Water Towers and Steak Number Eight.

Both progressive/sludge bands, I feel like both these bands cover mastodons entire catalogue.

SN8
> youtube.com/watch?v=6jPdXoYVFiM

> youtube.com/watch?v=XSiHKvHYV5g

NKOTWT

> youtube.com/watch?v=-hXUL_z_1oA

> youtube.com/watch?v=LLUyctCZCPw

You are a fucking legend! Thank you man!

I urge you to dig inside their discographies, though NKOTWT's last album went more towards dronerock/ambient-ish stuff. I really recommend Chronicles and The Calydonian Hunt.

For SN8's sake I highly recommend Kosmokomma and The Hutch

If you like Om, try Sleep's Holy Mountain and Dopesmoker. Same bassist/vocalist and drummer as Om and even though I am a big Om fan, Sleep is a step up from them and gives off an even better stoner metal vibe.

This yes. if you like the bands user here provided you, you might want to dig in deeper. COntinue with bands like Electric Wizard or even Yob if you want more of the fuzz and the heavy and the slow

Really appreciate all the help. This stuff is exactly what I am looking for. Will give them all a listen for sure.

Happy to spread good fucking music OP, have fun discovering them and feeling good doing it

Don't really enjoy when it's slow. Heavy I do not mind haha

Never listened to Yob so I'll give it a try but I can confirm Electric Wizard is fantastic especially Come My Fanatics and Dopethrone (of course)

Here's an excerpt

youtube.com/watch?v=lSvbjAxlW90

>2:21

dat riff boi

Another one for the list. Again, thanks guys. Off for a movie so won't be replying. Have a good one!

You should definitely try Sleep's Holy Mountain then. Although even if you don't like slow I'd suggest trying Electric Wizard and Dopesmoker later anyway as they're both really good.

Intronaut
youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb4E7oEZq0
youtube.com/watch?v=uNH4MtTJ-yg