Why does the entirety of dark jazz as a genre suck massive donkey balls compared to this? Also...

Why does the entirety of dark jazz as a genre suck massive donkey balls compared to this? Also, can things we've experienced in the past affect our ability to rate music objectively? I feel like I would not like this nearly as much without associating every listen with the television show.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/hubris
youtube.com/watch?v=qI1yUXddXt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is as good as it gets, being related to a cool show is just an added bonus

Most music is rated subjectively. Never have I seen a purely objective review of music that wasn't held in an academic setting, where the criteria includes accuracy of notes, dynamics and form. With composition, objectivity can only be achieved by setting subjective criteria, to which the composition is expected to adhere.

But I get it. You enjoy this album. You don't have to discredit other music to get that across.

Watching that show is like undergoing hypnosis. Now whenever I hear similar dark synthy stuff I immediately feel unsettled, like something isn't quite right, like I'm on the verge of dream logic.

But that's wrong you idiot

Night sea wind is the best track on there. I hope the original composer (name escapes me) is on board with the new series coming up

touché

>tfw listening to this right now

it's pretty much either the twin peaks soundtrack
or
bohren and der club of gore

nothing else exists really

What's up with David Lynch trying to do this kind of music and failing really bad?

The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble are nice as well

i think Morphine played around with dark jazz a little

soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/hubris

i made this after listening to the twin peaks themes

Seconding this. Like em better than bohren too. Bohren is so cheesy

thank you for this

>none of the archives have the theme song with vocals

V cool

I really wanted to love this album but it's literally the same thing over and over and over ad nauseam 2bh

Angelo Badalamenti, and yes, he is onboard.

Twin Peaks is one of the few things I wish I could re-experience. Everything is so perfect, except for James-tangent I guess.

JUST YOU

What did you think about xiu xiu's cover album of the TP soundtrack? I really like it, i think they are one of the only bands that could pull it off

I was really bored from Black Earth apart from the first song, is this better?

nah

This is not dark jazz.
This is dark jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=qI1yUXddXt8

Dark Jazz is horrible, that's why

not really getting the "jazz" part

Its on Julee Cruise's album

You never will

>60 views
fuck off shill

>parental advisory
intro the trash

right, I won't, because it's not jazz

What did you call me you faggot

Too hipster for you nigga

swerve

young nigga

Rough day today?

>Whitey trying to tell a nigga whats jazz and what not

Nigga I warn you

your gimmick is boring

you should probably come up with a better one

WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM YOU FUCKING SUBHUMAN TRASH

WHAT GIMMICK NIGGA YOU THINK I'M DOING THIS FOR SOMEONE BESIDES ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

BOOORING BOOORING NIGGA END YOURSELF NIGGA SMOKE SOME CIGGIES THEN I SUGGEST YOU FUCKING FOOL

YOU FUCKING ABYSSAL WHITE FAGGOT YOU RETARDED SHRINKDICKED COCKSUCKER.

>Fedohren and le Club of Bore

Epic

SHOW YOUR FUCKING FACE YOU UGLY WHITE FAGGOT

I'LL FIND YOU SHOW ME YOUR FACE YOU FUCKING FAG I FUCK YOU UP YOU FUCKING HOMO

DIDNT KNOW WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY INSTEAD HUH YOU FUCKING RETARDED FAGGOT

NIGGA YOU KNOW WHAT A GIMMICK IS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM SHOW YOUR FACE NIGGA I CANT HANDLE THIS AMOUNT OF STUPIDITY SHOW YOUR FACE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT SHOW IT ILL FUCK YOU UP

YOU SHOULD COME UP WITH A BETTER ONE BECAUSE YOU A FUCKING ZERO YOU FUCKING LOSER COCKSUCKING JEW FAGGOT

SHOW YOUR FACE I FUCK YOU UP YOU FUCKING KIKE FAGGOT WHITE SON OF A WHORE

one day you'll look back on this 10 minutes and think "wow I should have been huffing pesticide"

Shut up you fucking pale jew faggot
Smoke some crack you halfling

:^)))))))))

ebit le fedotra meme xddddd all my le upboats (get it i said le upboats not le upvotes which is actually what they're supposed to be called its like a meme xd) are going to you f a m, as you are true[le] a g[ent][le]man and a le scholar xdd ebit i must recomment that u become a le comedian famalamadingdong for your ebit joeks xdddd r/Sup Forums will love this one :)))) i will get all le karma when i upload your xd jeok to le Sup Forums subreddit thanks for the ebic mean xd

finally, we have reached the aspergers singularity

>I'll see you again in 25 years
>she does

Wow.

way better

11/10 would have autistic breakdown again

Now this is dedication

this

OPN could do a good job.

is the new season even still happening?

Have you tried this record? A lot of it is more chaotic than the stuff on TP, but some of the tracks definitely remind me of the soundtrack. A lot of "dark jazz" is ridiculously cheesy unfortunately.

Do we have reason to think it isn't?
From what I know, filming has finished, and it's coming out in 2017

Just haven't heard anything about it for a while and I know there was some drama with Lynch at one point where he quit then came back