What speakers does Sup Forums have? i've been looking to upgrade

what speakers does Sup Forums have? i've been looking to upgrade.

Other urls found in this thread:

frames-per-second.appspot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Basically any solid state receiver + yard sale 2 or 3 way speakers with unadulterated speaker cones will take you to good places. Anyone that says otherwise hates their bank accounts and sound quality. Not my pic, but I got a similar pair of sansuis that sound pristine for less than 50 dollars

golden ear Aon 3s i got for half price used. they are pretty good but having 4 passive radiators makes the bass pretty boomy in my small room. gonna up(side?)grade to Magnepan MMGs as soon as i move.

you are not far off but you have a long way to go before you start hitting really harsh diminishing returns upgrading from old three way sansuis. good vintage speakers to watch out for

>klipsch
>advent
>KLH
>Snell
>Boston
>B&W

there are more thats just off the top of my head.

please no bully but i'm a huge fuckin retard and just inherited an audio-technica at lp-120 and what equipment do i need to get the most out of it i know the basics like a pre-amp and good speakers but what exactly is good/worth the money

surely this man has opinions about 12ax7 brands as well. OP this man has never heard my setup but I'm here to tell you that you can get good sounds without breaking the bank.
Spending 500 bucks for a set of speakers is placebo territory and is akin to people who claim they can see a difference between 30, 45, and 60 fps.

they sound p good to me

to get sounds you need a source (like that turntable) -> phono preamp -> power amp (these days they mostly come in the form of solid state receivers but other options exist as well) -> speakers. Really every link in the chain is important. A quick trip to craigslist yields used receivers in the 50-100 range. Its important to get a receiver/speaker pair of the correct impedance (this is measured in ohms)

>Spending 500 bucks for a set of speakers is placebo territory
kek. have you ever been to a hi-fi shop and actually listened to a proper comparison between speakers?

>akin to people who claim they can see a difference between 30, 45, and 60 fps.

what? the difference between 30, 45 and 60 fps is palpable.

frames-per-second.appspot.com/

The difference between 30 and 60 is very very noticeable, it looks waaaayyy smother.

alright i get the idea thanks home boy

i got these

Can someone recc me small decent speakers? Since I moved to uni I wasn't able to take my Stereo with me. Doesn't have to be hifi, if the sound is decent it's enough for me. I currently use my laptop, which is alright it has a bang and olufsen sound system and a subwoofer, but the sound doesn't fill my room like I want it to, if you know what I'm saying.

You're fucking blind if you don't recognize 60fps.

>speakers
Hi grandpa.

what else do you call them

kek

i'm not familiar with those

A pair of these.

Got them for free, I think they're from the mid 90's or whatever but they sound good.

Here's the pic.

I have headphones.

a shame

Bose Acousticmass 2.1 for stereo front speakers.
JBL scs 75 as additional surround speakers.
+1 pioneer aktive sub.

Pretty plebby but for the price i get a decent sound out of them.

Alesis elevate-3

Pretty good for the price.