MTV Unplugged is coming back this fall. Any chance of good artists performing on it?

MTV Unplugged is coming back this fall. Any chance of good artists performing on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PmXL56zUuoE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_featured_on_MTV_Unplugged#1990
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Damn

No

It will most likely be like this youtube.com/watch?v=PmXL56zUuoE

But it could have Wayne this time

Tell
Nori
Aburt
Mehhhh

No, because they won't book good musicians.

That would be great.

Not saying these are the best artists around, but if MTV was interested in being trendy/counterculture to teens (like they once were in the 90s), it would be cool to see: Mac Demarco, Lana Del Rey, Car seat headrest, Frank Ocean, Best Coast, and ofcourse, Death Grips

they were never counterculture, ever

I could see Frank and Lana Del Rey doing it.

I could see mac and csh on there

>MTV
>counterculture

I know right now they're going to be on it

Oh fuck, they will
Kill me now

90s alternative was completely mainstream, but it still was a counterculture, or at least gave teenagers the illusion of counterculture

I'm sure they've already got beyonce

>but if MTV was interested in being trendy/counterculture to teens (like they once were in the 90s)
>teens

literally what the fuck are you talking about?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_featured_on_MTV_Unplugged#1990

"The record industry has always been the same. Well, not so much anymore since the record industry is dead, but you know, back when there was a record industry. Any time some groundbreaking new artist like a Twisted Sister or a Nirvana comes along that makes people turn their heads and go 'Whoa, who's that?', they sit down there and try to study it and analyze it to see how it works and how they can make money off of it. So you had a bunch of bands whose names all started with a W, the Wingers, the White Lions, the Warrants, the White Snakes. And they'd have two basic kinds of songs. One, the power ballad which was designated for radio play, and two, the rock track for cred, which was only going to be played on rock radio. But after a while, they decided to drop the cred track and only do power ballads. And then MTV had this thing going where every band had to play an acoustic set to prove they were 'serious' artists. So now it got even better. They decide 'Oh well, let's get rid of the electric guitars entirely and just play acoustic.' End result, you have a bunch of idiots strumming acoustic guitars on bar stools like a fucking folk band."

-- Dee Snider

at least the drummer guy will actually have a chance to do something other than stand around and look cool

Dee Snider calls Twisted Sister groundbreaking. Lol.