What did you like most about being in scouts?

What did you like most about being in scouts?

Other urls found in this thread:

scouts.ca/sites/default/files/files/queens-venturer-award.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fucking my buddies

That's not in the scout handbook

Caving, shooting, hiking, sailing, horse back riding, rock climbing. Not being a limp wristed millennial faggot who spent his childhood on social media or being an autist.

This is good right here.

The way the scout master made my peener feel

Camping was fun, and most merit badges gave you some good information.

I liked it when he would come into my tent
and then cum in my ass

Our boy scout classes were nothing like that. It was filled with helicopter parents who wouldn't let us bring pocket knives, build a fire, doing any of that shit. Actually going outside was a damned luxury.
>tfw I spent the first few years sitting in a class room listening to one of the kid's faggot father drone on about cloud formations and other shit, >and any time I tried to talk to the other kids or tell jokes, he tell me to be quiet and save it for later.

>girl scouts

The cookies
And learning how to make MRE Bombs.

>caving?
it's called spelunking u meatball.

no homos

The thing I enjoy most about being a Cub Scouter is showing the kids new things. It's about exposing them to managed risks, and letting them experience nature.

I'm from a community where kids aren't allowed to walk 5 blocks to school.

So when I send them into the woods on a 3km hike (We post scouter-parent pairs along the trail.), they experience a freedom that they just can't get in the city.

And before you all shout PEDOs. We've taken a lot of pains to keep the pedos out. More than any other youth organization I know. Our golden rule is 2-Deep, meaning NEVER be alone with a child. Always have another reliable adult around. People get kicked out for minor violations of this rule.

one time I got a boy scout issue with hitting tips from ken Griffey jr. I practiced that shit like crazy and bashed a bunch of ball

So much shit, dude. Probably exploring caves and old ruins and hiking in the mountains. My troop went to Gettysburg too, so that was nice. Should have gone to Philmont or at least made Eagle before I stopped

SEA BASE.

>maybe he ment carving

faggot

Also, still involved in scouts to this day (turn 22 this week), the best part is that I've made friends that will be with me for the rest of my life, and extremely valuable connections with people. I could take any problem I have, and find someone that I've met in scouts that could solve it for me.

For example, I needed a house in a particular area, bam, knew a guy who rented houses where I needed to live, I currently live by myself in a reasonably sized 2 bedroom house in an area where a studio apartment would cost me 600+ dollars a month, for 550 dollars a month of rent.

I needed a job for my 19th summer, not only did someone help me get one, but it's a job that I go to basically whenever I need money now for a month or so while I finish college.

The BSA has been a part of my life since I was 6 years old, and I dare say that it will be a part of my life until I fuckin die.

>Eagle Scouts report in

lucky bastard. what was it like?

Spent 11 fucking years of my life in canadian scouting, fucking trash.

Im working there this summer fuckboy

>Canadian scouting
well gee, there's your problem

How many of you guys are Eagle Scouts? I just had my ceremony.

>Eagle scout here
It was awesome. Camping with my family and neighbors, connecting with nature, learning how to be a man, fishing, mountain climbing, shooting.

10/10 would BSA again

I donate to it every year.

Touché

oh man that sounds awesome, enjoy

we did Coral Reef Sailing, so we stayed on a sailboat for a week. our captain took us to all these reefs to snorkel, which was awesome. we went to this sort of abandoned island covered in hermit crabs where there was an old battle station or something. slept on deck under the stars at night. trailed behind the boat on a rope over the Gulf Stream (~350ft deep water) and just stared into the deep blue, watching the occasional tuna school or jellyfish swim by. best trip of my life, hands down.

scoutmasters dick in me

>ye b-but what if some pedo gets his other pedo buddy in and they both just tag team the kid

Nah I'm kidding, but yeah, anyone that complains about pedos in the boy scouts obviously doesnt know shit lol

>b-but I saw on the news once like 5 years ago that there was a pedo scoutmaster

Yeah, it happens, there's pedo firefighters, priests, teachers, politicians, and cops too.

Also Canadian, so Chief Scout, and my Silver DOE

for me Scouts was about chillin with buddies, and getting high as fuck at camp
then later getting drunk as fuck

My troop went the Kike couple who owned two 40 ft boats on the "Nature" tour. It was pretty fun, But their daughter who just got back from Israel was our "guide" and got us lost in the mangroves while we were kayaking. I had fun though.

My troop kept trying to go but they couldnt get a spot, went to philmont and northern tier instead, was p good

Nice bro. Yeah I spent one summer camp Smoking everyday with my friend. We would hotbox our canvas tent every night. Fun times. What did you do for your project?

I always wanted to go to Philmont. I live in the south so Northern Tier was kinda out of the question for our troop. Did you go to the 2013 jambo?

This guy gets it.

Camping and shit bro! Post troop numbers or you a poser! Eagle scout from 713 reppin

No system is perfect. And the process is fallible. However, No pedo with a record is getting in, and we interview each person by a committee.

We had one situation where I was concerned about another leader. (24 y.o.). After a while, we figured out he was just a socially awkward nerd, not a problem. We keep our eyes open, and nip problems in the bud.

Your post makes you seem like a total fag but I got my Eagle in November of 07

sorry, this was a while back
project for which part?

Nah never went to jambo, seemed like way too much of a clusterfuck imo. Thinking of going to world jamboree at the Summit in 2019 tho, just for the experience since its probably not gonna be in the states for a while

Nice

Your equivalent of an Eagle Scout project.

Troop 62 Goshen Ny

My favorite part was when the scout masters touched me

reporting

In the United States to earn your Eagle Scout rank, I guess the equivalent of your Canadian chief scout or whatever you need to organize and lead a service project that helps your community in some way.

He wanted to know what you did (if you did, I guess)

don't care never been a scout.

i liked it, had a "boy led troop" so even though we had a lot of dads floating around they let us do what we chose. lot of fun times, one time at a west point camp out my troop found a flashbang lol.

I hated it. When I was a kid I loved the cub scouts, we made pinewood derby cars and went camping with our dads and just had a good time being kids yknow? Then when I went into BSA it was all the dickhead dads from cub scouts lecturing us about "respect and discipline" every meeting. Like we would just sit there while the scoutmaster told us about his time in the marines and how we should respect the military because they fight for freedom and all this bs. He never fought in a war he was just a dickhead. I didn't buy that bullshit, I left at first class scout after we hadn't been camping for like 6 months and all we did was fundraise for the church we met at. And I'm a jew so fuck that.

I enjoyed being Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

>i liked it, had a "boy led troop"

thats how its done fam, also had a boy led troop. If we went to a camporee or whatever and we just wanted to jerk off at camp doing whatever the fuck we felt like doing and not do any of the activities, that was it, parents didnt say shit.

Pretty much everyone that I've ever met, including the people in this thread that say that they hated scouting were people that weren't in a troop that was run the way it was meant to be, by the boys

That sucks man. I hated seeing Troops like that.You should have looked around for another troop.

ok, you need like 30 hours of leadership service or something, which is similar,
I ran a few weekend camps for younger sections

Getting my tight hole fucked by the scout master :3

Agreed. My troop was 100 percent boy led. We would even let the young guys control each other. It made people step up to the plate and become leaders. I think that is one of the most valuable lessons that Scouts can teach.

Thanks for your input. Now GTFO.

Damn thats it?
That is too easy. Eagle Scouts have to do way more.

This, its all about finding the right troop
I've seen everything from arts and crafts in a church gym, to outdoor fun and useful skills, to paramilitary/cadet style groups, and thats just in one city

I'm getting that sense,
Its the Duke of Ed thats a real bitch/challenge

Yeah the sad part is I was in super based troop for like a month. We went kayaking and we did campfire races and games at our meetings and shit. The would also go to Philmont and shit and were getting me all psyched about it. But my dad got a job across the state and the only troop in the area was the shitty one.

All the little kids

Duke of Ed?

>d how we should respect the military because they fight for freedom and all this bs

I was military. My cubs know that, but I never enforce military discipline or ethos on them.

The reason we should be quiet in the woods is so we can see animals, not because we're practicing tactical movement. I'm not training soldiers. At 14 they can join Cadets if they want. I'm teaching them how to enjoy nature in a safe, comfortable way, and how to survive if they get lost or in trouble.

Yeah, I'll get them to build emergency shelters. But I'm not going to make them sleep in it if they don't want to. One of the reasons I left the military was because of bullshit torture they put us through. Yeah, If I'm lost in the woods behind enemy lines, I'll sleep in a mud puddle. But I'm not now, and practicing it serves no purpose.

Eagle Scout and order of the arrow here. Any other order of the arrow bros? Also what did you all do as your service project? I helpt raise money and built a handicap ramp for the local senior center.

hey has anyone else noticed the uniforms have kind of gone to shit?

so when i was in we had a solid brass belt buckle that i still wear sometimes, class a shirts were pretty durable and i kid you not some of the best socks i own today are the old boy scout tall dress socks. they work great for cowboy boots, don't slide down, don't get hot for a tall sock, aren't bright white.

i stopped at the local scout store to see if i could get a couple pairs and looked at some of the stuff. the belt buckles are these plastic pos, they discontinued the tall socks, and wtf the epaulets are green now, that used to be venture scouting dig. used to be us made now its all Chinese, kind of sad.

Silver palm Eagle reporting in

Backpacking at Philmont. 108 miles in 10 days, made me realize I wasnt a useless sack of shit.

Same. Not many of us. You do OA?

Keep in mind that the age ranges are different for Scouts in Canada and the US.

Scouts is 12-14. (Top award Chief Scout's Award)

Venturers is 14-18 (Queen's Venturer Award)

Rovers is 18 -25 (Duke of Ed.)

So the BSA Eagle Scout is more equivalent to the Queen's Venturer Award.

Your all faggots, royal marines cadets is the shit

yea i was... whatever the second level was but i only ever went to like 4 meetings OA around me didn't really do much and the strange native American cultural appropriation shit just seemed dumb to me.

OA and silver Palm. Project was to paint a 22x27 map of the U.S. at a local elementary school. Lot harder than it sounds...

scouts.ca/sites/default/files/files/queens-venturer-award.pdf

Compare that to Eagle Scout.

Never thought I'd ever, EVER see a Scout thread on Sup Forums that wasn't completely full of shitposting.
Eagle Scout here. Canoeing and woodworking were always my favorite things to do.
Other Eagles, what were your projects?

Getting fingered by the scout master......

Not getting raped

The plastic belt buckles that were built into the pants have been done away with and replaced with durable canvas belts with black metal belt buckles

The boy scout green shoulder loops are a different color from venturing loops, but I agree, I preferred the red, as did everyone else I know.

Also they still have knee-high and calf-high socks. They're just flat green now instead of green with the red border on the top. I personally like them, but I prefer the thorlos hiking socks now.

I think I was nominated once or twice but never actually did. It gave me a very culty vibe though.

Duke of Edinburgh Award, its a common wealth thing. Although, I think Americans can do it if they want to. Three levels,
Bronze, fifteen hours community service over six months, six months skill development, physical development 30 hours over fifteen weeks, adventurous journey (hike or something, self propelled) 1 night two days,
Silver, 35 hours community service over six months, six months skill development, physical development 40 hours over twenty weeks, adventurous journey 2 nights 3 days, (or more if you haven't done bronze).
Gold, 60 hours community service over six months, 12 months skill development, physical development 50 hours over 25 weeks, adventurous journey 3 night four days, residential project

Sort of. We have the Boy Scouts where the top award is Eagle Scout, Venturers you can get a different set of awards, I think it's called the Summit award now (formerly Venturing silver award), and we also have Sea Scouts where you can earn your quartermaster award.

Boy Scouts is 11-18, Venturers and Sea scouts is 14-21

Built walking trail stairs to prevent erosion in a wildlife reserve

looks about the same to me. i don't think i remember having to take a religious class tho, which is a good thing imho.

Local daycare had a playground that was actually out of code so we raised a couple thousand dollars to buy a bunch of that rubber mulch shit made out of recycled tires and some gutters, spent a weekend clearing all the mulch out of the playground (it was a bigass playground), then the next weekend we came and replaced the gutters around the building and made them drain underground, then we replaced all the mulch

Not the most exciting shit, but it worked so whatever

Ah, so it's overlapping programs, We just run them sequentially.

It's pretty meh, the service events are epitome of "hurry up and wait" because idiots take forever to make any sort of decision

Pretty sure when we went out to do any sort of service project, we'd have a 12 hour day where like 5 of those hours was spent sitting around because we were waiting to be told what to do.

Results may vary ofc

capture the flag

oh that's good, i had some ll bean buckles in the same style and they all broke on me where with a metal buckle if it broke i could just take some pliers and bend it back. have to say i did like the quality and look of the brass tho.

Eagle Scout reporting in. Did anyone else have the shitty experience of having to go into fast food joints with your uniform on? We would all make pit stops before we actually went to the camping area.

>walk into Taco Bell with a Scout Master and 13 other teenagers dressed as fags
>everyone in the restaurant stares
>try to distance self
>just makes me look more retarded

fucking embarrassing as shit

Yeah, also Boy Scouts is obviously only for males, while Venturers and Sea Scouts are co-ed

The gay sex

We used to say you weren't a real scout until you'd been fucked in the ass in a tent. That was the true initiation. I "initiated" a lot of scouts lol

HELL YES
It's like no one else in my troop felt this.

>ITT: proud scouts violating the BSA oath by posting on Sup Forums

We're Co-Ed all the way through, from Beavers up. But, girls usually stick with the Spark/Brownie/Guides program until they get sick of it. They start to join Cubs in second or third year. Some do both.

Eagle in 09.

Yeah man. On our way up to Jamboree. A group of Ventures that came with us were a bunch of fags and started singing a song while we were at a Cici's somewhere in Virginia. They black people there freaked the fuck out.

yes but i wasn't a pussy and couldn't have cared less what some fatass at taco bell thought. i hit on girls (successfully) in uniform lol. you just have to be confident about it.

How about the RED leader shirts wtf is that shit

>On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to god and my country to help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

????

How does posting about scouts on an image board violate any of that?

maybe that last bit, lol

While we can debate that Sup Forums overall isn't a very morally straight place, the mere act of posting about scouts on Sup Forums isn't morally deficient.

Now, the other things we may do on Sup Forums may violate the scout oath, but that's not what we're debating here

Troop 500 checking in.

Leaders still wear the same tan (or green, in the case of venturers) uniform as the boys. You might be thinking about a troop specific tee shirt or some other thing.