Please do tell me how the metric system is inferior

Please do tell me how the metric system is inferior.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_time
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 Retards implying that Imperial system is better

It's not american.

/thread

>american
>superior
pick one faggot

You mean british
Even britbongs abandoned this stupid ass system, you guys are holding onto garbage just because you feel like it's your own.

You cannot perform post enlightenment math & geometry with a base 10 system. For example, radian based mathematics (ancient pyramids et cetera) is only possible in systems where unit conversion ratios are not locked, but open. From any given unit in the imperial system you can count and multiply in octaves of base 3, 4, 6, 12. This is much more diverse than the metric system. Engineering tolerances can also be based on unit octaves instead of significant digits. For example, even though .0625 is four decimal places of accuracy it represents a 16th of one unit. If that unit is 1 inch then four decimal places of accuracy doesn't mean shit because a 16th of an inch is huge. It's all relative.

The metric system is for people who cannot grasp the concept of multiple levels/ layers of units. If you suck at fractions you might support the metric system. You cannot express geometric relationships in relation to other geometry on the piece using the metric system because the metric system can only break things down into tenths. This means the decimal value will never relate to a whole fraction, so you cannot derive\project octave values relative to the feature on the part.

You'd have to be a draftsman or engineer to notice the difference between these systems. Ideally working for a firm that switches between the two because of International proposals. The sad thing is that once the world is converted to the metric system the truth about the Tetragrammaton will be forgotten, because you literally cannot execute certain functions in the metric system that you need to decode ancient math. Pro-metric kids are brainwashed, they don't know any better than to be prejudiced against something they don't understand. That's how our corporate media raised them.

Damn, this dude just shut down the whole thread. Take that you metric cucks.

The Imperial System is Base 4, while Metric is Base 10.

One's not better than the other, they're just different and both are useful for different things. Machinists, for example, prefer to deal with Imperial (since the units are practically scaled [as in there is very little application to have the level of granularity that metric necessarily has]).

Different strokes for different folks.

If you want to start a debate based on unit granularity and ease of measurement, why not just suggest everybody use Plancks for things? :)

Dude, what the fuck?
Brainwashed?
What are you on about?

Lol didnt read

Retard detected.

Dub magic

>The sad thing is that once the world is converted to the metric system the truth about the Tetragrammaton will be forgotten, because you literally cannot execute certain functions in the metric system that you need to decode ancient math.

Is anti-metric pasta real?

american faggot the metric system is used by the entire scientific world while your impereal shit is made for retards not able to understand any kind of logic

>retards not able to understand any kind of logic

That does sound a lot like the American engineers I've met

Metric system is too confusing.

How long is a Meter? Nobody knows!

hehe

PROTIP: It's approximately the vertical distance from the floor to a standard doorknob.

This must be the stupidest thing I've had the pleasure of seeing today.

That's neat.

1 meter=100 centimeter=1000 millimeter you american bastards cant be that stupid

It is.That's why the yucking science community doesn't touch imperial units

It isnt.That's why the science community doesn't touch imperial units

The metre is defined as the distance travelled by light in (1/299 792 458) of a second

No we use both

it's not. although, the left image looks kinda nice. Imperial system is art, metric system is science. They can coexist as long as imperial isn't used anywhere important.

>How long is a meter?
>100 100ths of a Meter. (You)

Fucking wat?

retard

and who has been to the moon
taken close up photos of Pluto
is in orbit around Jupiter ?

Hope you're not serious...

NASA, which was pioneered by German rocket scientists, and uses the Metric system

It's not base 4.
It's not base anything, that's why it's retarded.

not understanding that numerical system != system of measurement

Note:
This only works for metre high doorknobs

this. USA only got the rocket technology because germans perfected it during WW2 and the scientists left the country. Had germany won the war and had reason to go to space they'd be able to do so, probably without the "kaputnik" incident.

I got an A-level A* grade in further maths and A* also in advanced mathematics, and can confirm this made no sense.

Is this some kind of pasta?

It's French in origan

binary is the only true correct system of measurement

Who crashed a multi-million dollar satellite orbiting mars earlier this year because they used the imperial system instead of metric?

The left image looks remarkably like Jew magic
> the truth revealed

so why aren't americans using base 4 math? That's the reason it's retarded. Metric system is adjusted for scientific and everyday uses whereas Imperial one is just random approximations. Also

TRIGGERED TRIGGERED TRIGGERED TRIGGERED BRITBONGS TRIGGERED

fake achivements doesnt count american bastard

Where's metric time?
This whole, "60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week" business is just too confusing for me.

It's grossly unintuitive.

Try to imagine 44 cm.
Now 18 inches, or a foot and a half.
Which is easier?

Now why don't you go land some men on the moon or something?

>Tetragrammaton
Isn't that the base for the clerics in equilibrium?

The french planned it, but nobody decided to implement it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_time

>earlier this year

Nigger, that was years ago. You were in diapers when that happened.

44cm is easier tbh

wtf are you talking about?

>because the metric system can only break things down into tenths

1/9 metre; have i broken the metric system?

>because you literally cannot execute certain functions in the metric system that you need to decode ancient math

decimals, learn'em.

you can't express everything in a fucking fraction, not even in the imperial system.
but no the earth has to revolve around your shitty system because muh pie slices

All doors are 2m in Europe, all knobs are in the middle.

this so hard

Joogle says ''Tet·ra·gram·ma·ton
ˌtetrəˈɡraməˌtän/
noun
the Hebrew name of God transliterated in four letters as YHWH or JHVH and articulated as Yahweh or Jehovah.''

Why not? Metric is the superior system. Decimal time is a base ten system.
Is it because people are used to the conventional way and it's really not that difficult to understand?

Yes we are you racist misogynistic pig

How the fuck am I supposed to know what an inch looks like? Never used that in my life.

>Equilibrium is set in 2072 in Libria, a city state established by the survivors of World War III, which devastated the world, where a totalitarian government requires all citizens to take daily injections of "Prozium II" to suppress emotion and encourage obedience. All emotionally stimulating material has been banned, and "Sense Offenders" – those who fail to take their Prozium – are put to death, as the government claims that the cause of all wars and violence is emotion. Libria is governed by the Tetragrammaton Council, led by "Father", who is seen only on giant video screens throughout the city.

I was right, jewzebel.

times has been measured this way for centuries. In order for us to switch to decimal time we'd need to reinvent scientific measurements and redefine the definition of seconds, minutes and hours, and possibly everything else. Unless we do that there's no reason to switch to decimal time because it works the way it is now.

Yeah, and you probably believe in Sasquatch too. Get out redneck dumbass

>reinvent scientific measurements
american logic for sticking with imperial measurement down to a t.

Didn't you guys see the jew magic?

I'm not an american. I'm just saying it makes no sense to change how time is measured because there's no way it would be accepted globally. Look at americans, they haven't even accepted metric system yet.

So there's no reason to change everything when you have a system that already works, even if it would show marked ease of use and pay for itself exponentially within a few years.
Is that what you're saying?
But it's inferior!

Because I like using King Richard's foot as a basis of measurement. Seriously, it's quite easy.

1 foot= 12 inches, 1 inch = ten centimeters (so they sorta mix) a yard is 3 feet.

Easy!

none of the amerifags can convert using the imperial system in their head

Retard detected

> only superior men can know the difference
>I'm a superior man

faggot

an inch is actually 2.54 cm

The only correct measuring unit is a smoot.

There's no advantage to a different scale of time though.

damn.. how high are you?

As I've said, you first need to make everyone in the whole world agree with this. I've actually thought about decimal time for a while. It's possible, but only if we change the definition of a second, because right now you have around 60*60**24*365 seconds in a year.

no, it's radditz

But metric is superior! It has to be base 10! It's easier to convert!

>Expressing a value in fractions is more accurate then expressing them in a decimal number
Okay, this guy is actually retarded.

Oh damn, you're right. Then what the hell is there ten of in an inch? Can't be millimetres...

How many inches in 12.75 feet?
If it took you more than 3 seconds you mentally calculate it, you just failed something a 12 year old can do with metric.

That's why it's retarded.

Insignificant. This map however will wake you up from your delusions.

You are retarded

I suck at math anyways.

Fuck this thread, Im going to either /hm/ or History and Humanities

So sometimes it's just easier to stick with what works, even if it's arbitrary or illogical. I see.

Does the US use the imperial system now?
I could've sworn I measured in the US customary system

WE 1# YEAH FUCK YOU BRITIMCBRITBONG

Because I want a system of measurement to be changed to metric?

it is, but that doesn't make it right, and we should switch to more logical systems of measurement

1 inch equals 10 centi... Are you kidding or simply handicapped?

If you're to simple minded to figure out the imperial system that's ok. We can get you some nice velcro shoes.

> You cannot perform post enlightenment math & geometry with a base 10 system.
The base number of a numbering system doesn't prevent you from doing anything.

> For example, radian based mathematics (ancient pyramids et cetera) is only possible in systems where unit conversion ratios are not locked, but open.
I swear I've done radian calculations with base 10.

>From any given unit in the imperial system you can count and multiply in octaves of base 3, 4, 6, 12
What about 11? what about 13? Doing some dandy division by 3 is arbitrary. I can come up with a retarded system to cover 7's. Should we all use that then?

> The metric system is for people who cannot grasp the concept of multiple levels/ layers of units.
You seriously underestimate how useful it is working in base 10. Jesus, have you ever done programming? We seem to get by without your feet->yards and all that stupid shit. Funny how the most mathematically intense profession doesn't use imperial twatulations.

>because the metric system can only break things down into tenths
Decimals you faggot. This also doesn't mean shit because with your system there are numbers in which cannot be gotten by divisions or watever. It doesn't mean anything, it just means you added more stupid shit to maybe cover a divide-by-3 or divide-by-7, something we have covered by decimals. Even then there-are-numbers-you-do-not-cover.

> Pro-metric kids are brainwashed, they don't know any better than to be prejudiced against something they don't understand. That's how our corporate media raised them.
Oh you're redpill trash I see. Move along everyone. Nothing to see here.

no human rights for american cucks like you go and suck obamas dick or something

1 Meter for americunts- It's 4 quarts divided by 2 spoons in power of 0.5 water droplets.

Americans have their measurements all wrong. Look at the chart, Imperial measurements make zero sense and don't have any set boundries. Meanwhile the Metric system is rational and easy to read. At least we Metric system users dont use ODD NUMBERS TO CONVERT UNITS

Nothing. Inches are broken into halves, quarters, eighths, and sixteenths

You say that, knowing it's true, but will just shrug your shoulders and keep on using the old system, yes?
HAVE I MADE MY FUCKING POINT YET?

sorry bud, hes right and your wrong. Punch 1/9 into your calculator. What do you see? Thats right, a repeating decimal. You could just right the decimal out to a certain number of places, but its not accurate. Come back when you pass 7th grade math

INB4 MIDDLE FINGER

Each unit of time divides into the next by 60.

Each imperial unit divides by differing amounts per unit, often not evenly divisible at all.

There's a huge difference there

Dam you Rekt him haha, imperial faggs GTFOOH!