WHAT IF OUR MAPS HAVE BEEN WRONG ALL THE TIME? WHY IF THEY HAVE BEEN DRAWN UPSIDE DOWN ALL THE TIME??

WHAT IF OUR MAPS HAVE BEEN WRONG ALL THE TIME? WHY IF THEY HAVE BEEN DRAWN UPSIDE DOWN ALL THE TIME??

Who fuckin cares
If this really was the case that just means geologists like fucking with people

AND WHAT IF WE ARE DOUBLE WRONG?

This is literally impossible, if it were upside down we wouldn't know where the bottom is.

This is retarded. Have you ever looked at a compass? It points north. North is up! How are they gonna make the compass lie?

Why is North up? North is just North.

The north remembers

Are you fucking retarded? Have you ever seen a compass? North is up!

Also checked

North has memory?

>Came on Sup Forums after fap
>See this thread
>Why not
>Didn't expect to get fucked
>Got fucked

OP youre seriously giving me a hard time with this one

Nah nigga you're thinking of the south

North is just a direction, the direction of the magnetic pole of a very small rock in a very big universe. It does nothing to indicate what direction is up, because there is no up.

Europe is north, and Europe is far above africa is standards so eu, so eu is up

maps are drawn wrong, as you get closer to the polls they are widely inaccurate.

Greenland is friggin huge on every map you see but it's about the same size as Mexico

Actually that's incorrect

t. my map

Alright so lets get some shit straight with basic astronomy and how the earth travels through space. First off, at any given moment the earth can be upside down, sideways, the way we think its, everything because the earth oribits the sun but the sun orbits around the center of the milkway galaxy so there are two seperate movements happening at once, not in a straight line whatsoever, hence why it just depends on where we are if north is up or whatnot. and also, a compass doesnt just point north because, "its up", it points there because of earths magnetic fields and how the compass is attracted to it where its strongest, at the poles. so in all guys, the map was just made that way because thats how it was originally thought to be drawn by whoever. there is no specific up, down, left, or right when it comes to astrophysics.

>when it comes to astrophysics
nigga up is up, don't be a pseud, you're better than that

Depends on the projection. They can be inaccurate in wildly different ways.

1. google
2. world maps
3. images

Weirdest thing of day

Absolutely agree with you. I feel not enough effort is made to explain that the flat representation of a sphere is inaccurate, it's a pet annoyance of mine.

not being a pseud dumbass i just have basic knowledge from a couple of years of study in a Physics 1 and an Earth Space Sciences class in high school. its literally common since brother. lol

>I have "common since"
>from high school classes
yeah sounds about right

How does an image show north is up? Isn't the sky "up", not north?

oh no, you got me so good with the common misclick of a keystroke! darn, well i guess one letter now makes my entire logically correct statement invalid huh? darn, my bad, go ahead and educate the masses man, ill go back to studying Computer Science during the fall and never write anything logical on the internet again.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

you're not recognizing the linked discussion but that's ok I will respond.

humans construct a model of a 3d environment in their head, maps are a relative new concept in terms of evolution so it is difficult for a human brain to deal with a map that has constantly changing orientation. Therefore we agree that a map has an up and a down because these concepts feel normal to us.

whether north is up or south is up is just a fluke of history, the person who made the first popular map did it that way.

kys

Does it really matter, the earth is flat either way?

Hey guys where did my flag go? it was here just a second ago on a different thread.

I agree that maps have an up and down, but that doesn't mean our planet or universe does.

oh I agree man, in fact the sun is traveling through the galaxy and the earth is following it in a tumbling spiral. when you look up at any given time you aren't looking out in the same direction you were looking at any time before in your life, the up part is only relevant to the ground below you.

That's not yours, you just copied it and pretend it is your cool speech

You literally could have said one word

>relativity

And it would have explained it just as well. Our universe has no up and down. It's an ever expanding infinite space. There's no reason to make it over complicated.

>salty about being baited
>attempts to counter-bait
not even once

You blew my fucking mind OP