youtube.com/watch?v=8l0DpkT16mI
youtube.com/watch?v=JT4CG3d2UOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bPHcm0qalAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj7EO2uVfDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None.

feels

agreed, s/t is better

you don't like it, good for you. move on. I never really understood these threads. why cats do much about something you don't like?

shit all you want on Burial, but Untrue is fucking amazing, no matter what you say.

>implying the fact that you (or anyone) like it makes it good
>implying an album can be objectively good

well they can be objectively bad, so I'm not sure why it couldn't be the other way around

>art can be objectively bad
t. 15 year old person

>art can be anything
t. dadaist douche

>art can be precisely defined
t. alien ant farm

>People (underageb& Britards and Americans) who never listened to Foul Play, Photek and El-B etc. hear good drum programming for the first time and shit themselves, crown Burial the king of le nightbus feels

It isn't amazing, it is alright. That is the problem, everyone overhypes things far too easily and since Sup Forums has now become attached to this album it won't stop. Untrue isn't even better than his self titled.

it is just alright, why, because you said so? your opinion is about just as worthless as mine...

It's only alright because Untrue hasn't done anything new as far as Garage music goes, you'd know that if you listened to any darker sounding Garage from late 99-early 02.

I think he's a good producer given the rumour he made a lot of his early stuff on Soundforge but he's not nearly at the same level of the people he emulates who were producing shit 20+ years before on even shittier equipment, and he openly admits it which is nice.

>darker sounding Garage from late 99-early 02

>people he emulates who were producing shit 20+ years before on even shittier equipment

examples?

I'd post a link to the interview he did outlining his main influences but it's on a blog so Sup Forums thinks it's spam. He's heavily influence by Omni Trio, Foul Play and Photek who all made lots of shit in the mid 90s, and since he likes Metalheadz I'd wager he picked up some production habits from people like Dillinja, Source Direct, Hidden Agenda, Alex Reece and J Majik.

His main influence as far as UKG goes is El-B, and similar sounding guys to El-B are J Da Flex and everyone else on Ghost, Darqwan, MRK1 and early Horsepower Productions.

Credit to him, even though he is influence by them, he doesn't straight rip them off and makes his sound unique (although some of his tunes are very close to being complete El-B rip offs).

rec me some im genuinely interested

>not liking music with Dadaist influences

1 AM McDonald's in London la'

It sounds like he took influence from the type of drum loops and the vocal samples. But his drums sound much industrial, plus his vocal samples are much more abstract and filtered.

Tell me some good nightbus feels songs

youtube.com/watch?v=tjuynOikZkA

this is basically a Burial track if the vocals would be slowed down and mixed with some background droney sounds. And if the beat would be more industrial, made with like cigarette lighters samples or something.

thanks for the recs although I doubt they can top Burial but that may be because Burial is more accessible

thats somewhat true, but those things you mentioned make burial stand out from the typical garage stuff

so, it would be a Burial track if it was completely different? alright. kek

So in summary Burial took old garage tracks and made them more atmospheric and ambient. He went full creative in his sample uses and created an aesthetic and mood that is unique and inimitable.

The basics are the same: garabe style drum loops and vocal samples.

>But his drums sound much industrial
I know what you are trying to describe but I disagree.
youtube.com/watch?v=LcdkQVJR9x0
youtube.com/watch?v=mgdQEgqGulc
youtube.com/watch?v=8l0DpkT16mI
youtube.com/watch?v=JT4CG3d2UOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bPHcm0qalAQ

As for the vocals, that kind of thing has been around in various different forms for a while. It used to be in the trendy thing to stretch them out.
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj7EO2uVfDQ

Burial turns down the pitch, not the speed tho

>Burial is more accessible

Maybe this is true, I don't know. I'm not particularly old but I'd like to think that people like Photek or Dillinja or someone might have been more famous (in the sense that they used to be on radio and TV from time to time) but I think because they were all pre-internet they didn't get the same level of exposure that Burial did when he got signed to Hyperdub. Maybe.

>created an aesthetic
I'm not even so sure about that. Keysound has a very similar feel and they still put out that kind of music now, but then again Keysound and Burial both started releasing stuff at the same time, although Dusk & Blackdown from Keysound had been DJing for longer.

this. we could strip his music down, but what's the point.

maybe if people wasn't all technical, they would enjoy it more.

It's bait.