ALLS MY LIFE I

HARD TIMES LIKE "GOD!"
BAD TRIPS LIKE "YAH!"

NAZERETH

I'M FUCKED UP

HOMIE U FUCKED UP

BUT IF GOD GOT US

THEN WE GON BE ALLLLLLLRIGHT

This is what passes for good lyrics in rap?

Worst song on the album desu

kys

everyone knows 'alright' is the best track and 'u' is the worst

Anyone else think untitled unmastered is much better?

this album is good until the second interlude
the rest i don't like that much
a but overrated

>u is the worst track

i randomly listened to how much a dollar cost the other day and it was way better than i remembered but i still never get the urge to return to this album

>'u' is the worst
Are 'u' sure about that, boo-boo?

PIMP PIMP

HOORAY!

u is the best track

no

THIS
DICK
AIN'T
FREE

This too is part of the human condition.

This album is perfect social commentary, it represents the struggle of the African American male in a way other hip-hop albums never has.
It inspires self respect and integrity in the African American community and has inspirational lyrics as "shit don't change unless you wipe your ass n*gga", pointing out the fact that you are the only one who can help yourself in the ghetto that the white man has put you in.
I don't know anyone who can't relate to this album, even though i am white and upper-class and maybe i don't understand some of the words i still think this is the best album made to this day.

i remember you was conflicted

The most pleb opinion

>The best album made
I mean, it's okay at best, but it fails because of it's sloppy integration of a political message. It's not subtle or clever, especially on "i". The final track is also just a circle jerk of 90s hip-hop elitism

I don't think it's much better but I think it's at least as good

>there are people who unironically like the album this much.

We need to gas people like you, it's bad enough to like the album.

If you're into hip hop and you don't like it then you have shit taste
If you're not into hip hop why even comment in this thread

That cancer can't be called music, it's more closely related to a political podcast by a blm member.

Why are you posting in this thread
Why did you even listen to this album?

>sat through album once and didn't really take note
Only way you can think it's just BLM-esque rantings. There's a lot of variety here, a lot of songs don't even deal in black pride or problems or black anything.

pleb taste right here

I feel you should reserve your personal "best album made to this day" for something that speaks to you. Something you can completely relate to.

garbo

Jesus fucking christ, I am so much better than this.

Why am I reading this drivel.

I am sorry but I am L I T E R A L L Y closing this tab right now.

(u)

yep
here's a scientific explaination: blacks and nu-males are retarded (and they are trying to dominate the word under the secret command of the jews)
so lock your wife up in the basement and buy an automatic rifle and loads of ammo

HEY NOW
YOU'RE A KEK NOW
YOU'RE A KEK NOW
GET FUCKED

ALL THE WHITEYS GET KEKED
ONLY BLACKENED BULLS GET THE SUCC

I don't think you need relate with something 100% literally to completely relate to it, if that makes sense.

I was born and raised in the suburbs but I relate to every track on the album emotionally.

AOTY 2015

Agreed. Except for The Blacker the Berry.

some quality false flagging going on here

I love Alright, but holy fucking shit, dude.

if you actually listened to the album, you'd know that he criticizes BLM

but hey he's black and rapping about society so he must be part of BLM right!!!

how is he criticizing BLM?

misusing your influence

u is amazing, every time the song ends I inexplicably have a noose around my neck.

Misusing your influence

>So why did I weep when Trayvon Martin was in the street
>When gang banging make me kill a nigga blacker than me, hypocrite!

I mean, I wouldn't call that a criticism of BLM..

>we gonna be alt-right

What did he mean by this?

>implying trips are bad

the beat and flow on Momma is GOAT

>oh SHIET
>I NEED THAT
>I NEED THAT SLOPPY
>DAT SLOPPY
>yoyoyo
>LIKE A CHEVY IN QUICKSAND
>bwuhbwuhbwuhbwewew
>yuh

Knxwledge is a great producer. He recently released an album as part of a project called NxWorries with Anderson .Paak. I highly recommend it.

Forgot to mention, it's called Yes Lawd

If you know about COINTELPRO, Mortal Man is one of the best rap songs ever.

By itself, it's not, but when taken into context with the rest of the song's lyrics, which are from the perspective of someone who wishes to perpetuate racial conflict under the guise of black pride, push the blame for the violence endemic to his community and the violence he caused onto what is presumably white people (the "you" he specifies is left undefined), and claim that it's okay for him to act stereotypical and violent because of the supposed oppression the "you" has imposed on his community, it becomes a criticism.

This person sounds like someone from one of the radical pro-black movements, of which BLM is one, and he says all these things knowing full well he's a hypocrite, shown by the beginning bars of each of the verses, but we don't know why. Since it's left unexplained, we breeze over it and we subsequently get lost in what is seemingly a pro-black anthem, similar to how pro-black activists get lost in their own rhetoric without acknowledging their potential hypocrisy. At the end, when those lines come up, we know why he's a hypocrite; he tries to blame others for his community's plight when he has worsened his community himself by taking the life of one of his brethren.

The whole song is a way of voicing a concern Kendrick has with these type of movements: are you really the best person to argue for your community when you may have actually done nothing to actively help it succeed? It's a plea to the followers of these movements to become more self-aware before doing what they do. This song is also placed in the later half of the album, which, according to the poetic timeline Kendrick provides, is when he's grown up and now wants to tell his people what he's learned. This might be a subtle way of implying that the followers of these movements haven't grown up completely yet. So in conclusion, the song not only calls into question the followers of BLM, but it calls into question the followers of any pro-black, anti-other race movement.

Kendrick is not a BLM supporter, which you can tell because there's actual nuance and back-and-forth

and he isnt racist

Institutionalized is objectively the best one out of the album.

Back to plebbit you cuck.

album of the decade