Can we get a local music thread going? post local bands from your town/city. any genre welcome...

can we get a local music thread going? post local bands from your town/city. any genre welcome. post bandcamps/fb pages and get some promotion going for some bands who really deserve it.

starting off with a stoner sludge band from my city, bloodnut.

bloodnut.bandcamp.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=uwoLtszzBkc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
youtube.com/watch?v=f7buxWtIPDM
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
boozepooze.bandcamp.com/album/gastroenteritis
youtube.com/watch?v=0r35iPt796I&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=R_sK0682YDM
youtube.com/watch?v=qMhkkvcBHYk
youtube.com/watch?v=nA3-gDrFV78
youtube.com/watch?v=6wMXobRiVbY
youtube.com/watch?v=qkxTqPxzjRo
a389recordings.bandcamp.com/album/homewrecker-circle-of-death
vampyrejams.bandcamp.com/album/vampyre
pyromancer.bandcamp.com/releases
tombstalker.bandcamp.com/album/black-crusades
apochryphalrevelation.bandcamp.com/album/abyssic-cries-from-the-netherworld
ehserecords.bandcamp.com/album/bobby-donnie-plays-the-bobby-donnie-songs
vivresavieskramz.bandcamp.com/
godmothersverige.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=z1s7a68Z-Ao
ultimaradio.bandcamp.com/album/ultima-radio-ep
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. cross record - wabi sabi
youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
2. street sects - end position
youtube.com/watch?v=f7buxWtIPDM
3. carrie rodriguez - lola
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
4. shearwater - jet plane and oxbow
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
5. randy rogers - neon
6. the sword - low country
7. taylor and the wild now - tides
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
8. widower - unholy oath/safehouse
youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
9. jad and david fair - shake cackle and squall

>the sword - low country
fantastic band, love their 2010 album warp riders.

>widower - unholy oath

fuck yes this is my kinda stuff. will get in touch with them soon for a few physical copies of whatever they are got. i can see big things happening with these guys if they play their cards right.

this also

boozepooze.bandcamp.com/album/gastroenteritis

this is actually the first album I've ever owned by them so I was pretty open to it being folk. I've also seen them live a few years ago but thats about it.

awesome glad you like it. This is another of my favorites from them.

youtube.com/watch?v=0r35iPt796I&feature=youtu.be

cheers for the rec bro. the issue with living where i do is that the local scene is so limited. its actually quicker to fly overseas for shows than it is to drive to some gigs here.

I assume you're in england? Do you like Holy Moses? I think they're banned here. They keep playing Barge to Hell offshore and then flying back. Very suspicious behavior.

youtube.com/watch?v=R_sK0682YDM

nah not England, im down at the edge of the world in New Zealand. our music exports are worldclass, but our metal scene is small which is a shame, at the same time its very good. we have a pretty tight community though.

im definetely a fan of holy moses, hopefully one day i will get to see them live. planning on going to 70000 tons in 2018.

our thrash metal scene is pretty average to be honest, we love our death metal, and we have what i consider to be some of the best black metal around, especially atmospheric black metal.

this is some of the more succesful thrash/speed from nz, got famous from deathgasm

youtube.com/watch?v=qMhkkvcBHYk

Would you happen to be a poptimist? I really like the new Broods album. I think thats the only kiwi record I've got this year but I may be forgetting someone. Is kiwi an offensive term?

whats a poptimist, google didnt really help.

i only recently heard of broods, while its not my thing i do admit its a decent record and i occasionally find myself enjoying it now and then, and no kiwi isn't offensive lol, most of us generally enjoy being referred to as a kiwi as for us its just a way of life and has been a part of our culture for generations.

this is poptimism to me

youtube.com/watch?v=nA3-gDrFV78
Published on May 19, 2015
Tampa, Florida

youtube.com/watch?v=6wMXobRiVbY
Published on May 4, 2015
Orlando, Florida

Homewrecker - Circle of Death
youtube.com/watch?v=qkxTqPxzjRo
a389recordings.bandcamp.com/album/homewrecker-circle-of-death
>Lives near Street Sects
lucky bastard

Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Soft Kill, All Your Sisters, Street Sects, Future Blondes, Annex at The Sidewinder (715 Red River) [+] [9pm, all ages]

Do you want me to do anything?

The other week I happened to walk by a club when these guys were playing and thought they were generally similar. I hope they play a show together sometime.

vampyrejams.bandcamp.com/album/vampyre

thetrueguignol.bandcamp.com
Guignol
>goth rock, post-punk

pyromancer.bandcamp.com/releases
Pyromancer
>black death

tombstalker.bandcamp.com/album/black-crusades
Tombstalker
>death metal (more Swedish style like Entombed)

apochryphalrevelation.bandcamp.com/album/abyssic-cries-from-the-netherworld
Apochryphal Revelation
>black metal (think first wave bands from the 80's ala Tormentor)

Have you heard Bobby Donnie?

ehserecords.bandcamp.com/album/bobby-donnie-plays-the-bobby-donnie-songs

Stockholm:

vivresavieskramz.bandcamp.com/
godmothersverige.bandcamp.com/

I mean go if you like the band, me personally I would be on that shit and I only have $40 in my bank account.

No, thanks for the rec. Not from Baltimore though, Homewrecker are actually from Ohio but signed to a Maryland label.

these guys just dropped a new ep yesterday, its on itunes and Google play etc...

heres an older track that really doesn't do them justice, but they are awesome since the new ep

>Homewrecker are actually from Ohio but signed to a Maryland label.
ah gotcha

>I mean go if you like the band
I just meant since I was already going if you especially wanted me to do anything. I dunno just figure I might as well ask just in case you never know.

>I just meant since I was already going if you especially wanted me to do anything.
lol, I'm retarded. Idk, just have a good time, man. Make sure to loudly shout your numerical rating of the concert in honor of fantano.

Tombstalker is not as heavy as I would like it to be but there's some great songwriting here.

I'll go ahead and commit to a strong 9 in honor of your dubs

ultimaradio.bandcamp.com/album/ultima-radio-ep
Stoner rock from Graz, Austria. I'm friends with the guitarist, they're pretty good live.