The bass parts are really fun to play.

The most quotable album ever made

GOD MADE MAN

WHIP IT !

-

I liked Weird Al's Devo parody

They dare to be stupid

I like it over any of Devo's actual songs

Music peaked with DEVO and Talking Heads. Now we live in a post-Talking-DEVO dark age.

I think they were really good when they actually had a message to convey and were actively conveying it (QnA through New Trad.) but when they lost that and just became another New Wave band they became kinda generic and although I like their later material, it just comes off as kinda generic
I think that their message about de-evolution was very thought provoking and honestly I wish they were talked about on here more than they are, I think Mark Mothersbaugh should be shitposted about on here about as much as Brian Wilson is, not to say that Brian isn't amazing in his own right
They come off as silly and stupid, but personally I think that whole schtick of theirs is satire attempting to convey a society who has devolved, kinda Idiocracy-esque
I have every Devo record except QnA because I can't find the damn thing anywhere
fucking this.

seems I repeated myself there
>they became kinda generic and although I like their later material, it just comes off as kinda generic
whoops, just ignore that first "kinda generic" i guess

Their image and message was rooted in the malaise of the 1970s and it basically became irrelevant after Reagan was president.

ONID was the point where they became another generic New Wave act.

More popular in the UK than their home market in fact.

"Devo are no more costumed on stage than Bruce Springsteen."

-- Mark Mothersbaugh

ONID is a great bass-bumper album, but yeah its pretty standard new wave.

Anything post ONID is pure garbage,

I'm , and I agree with you
I also agree with except Something for Everybody was okay

I pity you guys

care to explain or are you just here to say that you're better than us

That's like No Doubt's career arc.

>go from cool alternative rock act to generic cheese puff dancepop

New Wave was running out of gas by 1982 anyway and turning into commercial pop for 12 year old girls like Duran Duran.

By the time Huey Lewis and the News went Top 40 with Sports, it was pretty fucking obvious.

pet shop boys / duran duran type new wave > devo

this. though i think Shout can be an alright album. it definitely grows on you