This is what people over at reddit call an audiophile setup, lmao

This is what people over at reddit call an audiophile setup, lmao.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/features/oped/9667-drop-the-bass-a-case-against-subwoofers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lets see yours

Funny how that person spends a lot on a setup and seems only to have a handfull of records to play on it.

>Those two tiny speakers
>No bass speaker
>Having the record player that close but your TV that far.

This is my setup but I've moved house since this photo

It's got nothing on this pic someone posted to a Sup Forums setup thread a while back.

Is that not a bass speaker to the left of the tv stand/shelf?

why are you browsing reddit OP

Oh shit. Didn't even clock that

your setup looks like shit, dude

>no subwoofers

i got 2x 12inchers in each cabinet

Can't enjoy music unless the bass is good

>subwoofers

pitchfork.com/features/oped/9667-drop-the-bass-a-case-against-subwoofers/

>pitchfork

fucking kill yourself

It's better than mine though

How much are Cerwin Vega DX-7's worth? i got 2 free today.

That record player is great, other than that my setup is totally different though.

This.

>not taking the most respected and influential online publication about popular and independent music seriously

>Destiny
>Star Wars garbage
>meme beer pointed straight at the camera
Redditors are so fucking lame

>Classic Technics
>Shit

Confirmed for knowing nothing about speakers

why doesn't he center it? fucking normies man.

>listening through monitors

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

been using a decade old logictec system that came with my computer and don't really care about updating.

Seriously, they don't have anything close to a personality, they just like whatever Reddit thinks is the best. These people propably have a beard and think they're something special because they work in IT or something like that. I hate these faggots so much. They probably think they have a """superior""" taste or somehing too lmao

And there's also an Xbox one

>looks
Wrong board

I have a 60's Thorens record player, an 80's Technics CD player, 80's B&W speakers and a 90's sony receiver. Rate me.

>meme beer

fucking kek

It-it's not very big, senpai.

0/10 you're a faggot

what is the point of a monitor?

Damn

>Dude star wars lmao
Also this dude owns expensive audio shit yet has 10 vinyl records

Pretty cringey thread so far, guys. Pick it up.

great set up

he probably has 100 gigs of music on his harddrive though

great setup, awful music taste

Was gonna say the same but not sure about the beer. Just not something I'm not familiar with.

flattened frequency responce for mixing

>complains about the thread being cringey
>posts vinyl

All of this. Holy shit reddit is gay.

>great setup
>his shitty CDs are on display in the most autistic way

do all redditors play destiny and have stormtrooper helmets in their apartment?

Do you not know what setup means?

I understand you're referring to his stereo system. It still looks autistic enough to be worth pointing out.

being into weird beers is an incredibly reddit thing, it's one of those no-effort things that they think makes them interesting/"manly"

It's a bitter and it's under 6℅ what a pussy.

Muh microbreweries

You can't play gigs on a record player

>Star Wars
>le quirky pale blue indie gutiar
>Destiny
>Xbox One WITH Kinect
>Shitty beer
>le millennial minimalist Ikeacore design

wew

Best setup coming through.

Yeah, I know right? Fuck these cringey multimedia consumers with their vinyl records. Why would you buy an original pressing classic record with better sound quality for $5 when you can get a lossy CD reissue for 20 at HMV? #CDExclusive4Lyfe xD

Wow.

I would not be able to touch that mouse. Or even look at it for longer than two seconds.

>No insulin
>No gay sex with hats on
>No dildos

Could be better.

Comfy

bass frequencies are fucking unidirectional
do some research before you call someone else out

I always try to get my music in lossless formats, and always for free. I don't need to show off my pathetic hobby of collecting music nor feed the jews. I'd rather invest my money in useful things instead of throwing it away like that. By the way, did you know that all vinyl being pressed today use digital master recordings?

Why would you rummage through a thrift store and buy cheap original pressing CDs for $2 when you can buy a compressed vinyl reissue for $40?

it doesn't work exactly like that. if you hear an explosion, wouldn't you be able to tell where the sounds come from?

Why would you buy records when you can download any thing?

Oh wait you just want to be cool sorry go ahead.

>not knowing the benefits of physical media

No, the sub is for sub-bass frequencies, so you'd hear the explosion on the woofers and tweeters so you can locate it, and then you'd feel the rumbling cause of the sub. Get it?

check your placebo effect right there

If everyone thought like you there wouldn't be any artists making records for a living.

>always for free
Yeah, fuck supporting the artists, man!
>I don't need to show off my pathetic hobby of collecting music
I'm not showing it off. The records are there because I was listening to them recently, dipshit.
>I'd rather invest my money in useful things
See my first response.
>did you know that all vinyl being pressed today use digital master recordings
Which is why I buy classic records on vinyl.
>when you can buy a compressed vinyl reissue for $40
I don't.
See my first response.

God, you guys are cringey. You want to throw "Reddit xD" around at other people, but you're literally just as bad.

>destiny
>star wars
>quirky guitar
>le beer guy

>implying respect and influence mean we have to listen to p4k

Physical media is great yes no doubt about it buts it irrelevant now.

Especially with FLAC being widely available and also being able to take it out with you

>Spend £40
>Can only play it at yours because nobody else has a record player
>They receive like £10 from the sale

>Spend £0
>Stream it anywhere and play it through whatever speakers
>Buy band merch and go to see them to support them

>100 gigs
>a large amount of music

Pick one

>not knowing that you can feel micro vibrations in your jaw when you listen to vinyl
>not knowing that vinyl is a more physical listening experience

kek

The beer isn't even opened either

You just know he uses all of that just to listen to Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd albums on repeat.

No, probably just some SHITTY MOTHERFUCKING INDIE ROCK FOR FUCKING RETARDED HIPSTER NIGGER FAGGOTS NO ONE LIKES FUCKIMG REDDITORS THEY ARE SO FUCKING GAY AND THEIR MUSICAL TASTES ARE SO FUCKIG SHIT EVEN INDIA IS JEALOUS OF THEIR FUCKIJG SHITTERY FUCKING REDDITORS

this is the best thing ive seen on mu for awhile

Y-you wanna talk about it?

>Destiny
>guitar they most certainly don't play
>star shit
>microbrew
Too fucking wew. Decent turntable though.

Why do a large amount of you dudes seem to hate Star Wars? I don't particularly like it I've just not seen a reaction to it with this much negativity? Just overrated?

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

It's immature, Big Bang Theory-tier bullshit

I like star wars, but buying a light sabre and stormtrooper helmet to showcase is just stupid

>average swans fan

Inauthentic nerd-culture that screams no personality.

>expecting someone who plays guitar to have an IQ above room temperature

where do I get a mouse like that?

>dungen
My dude

>micro vibrations in your jaw

Star Wars is great
but it's not so great you need to dress up like a stormtrooper and decorate your room with Star Wars shit and memorize the names of all the customers in the original cantina scene and mention how much you hate George Lucas for ruining your childhood in every movie conversation

Yeah dude, have you listened to their new album? It's pretty great, I love how their sound seems to be in a constant evolution.

Look it up. I forgot the name but it's named after some Indian scientist. A lot of people prefer vinyl because of those vibrations.

>that spacing
confirmed for not knowing shit about how to actually assemble a good set up

The one with the owl on it? Nah but I really like the album you posted in pic related. Yeah they definitely know how to keep it fresh. Still love the first album.

Amazon

Bruh. I know they need to be further apart. I've moved house so it's different, I got longer cables.

I love how you guys always say you are superior and shit. It's obvious you would want to have the same life as the guy who owns that setup.

What headphones do mutants use?
Was gonna cop a pair of these (Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm). If anyone here has a pair tell me how they sound.

Any other solid headphones in the $100-$200 range?
Are headphone Amps/DACs nessecities?

why do people with so much money have such basic ass taste?

>Mambo No. 5
>Eminem
>Arctic Monkeys

Sell all your shit, I'm pretty sure you won't need it.

>Fender Strat
>Quirky
wat