Let's get this straight: Grimes is a fucking musician. Get it? A fucking musician...

Let's get this straight: Grimes is a fucking musician. Get it? A fucking musician. That means there's some people who'll like it, and some people who won't.

But since she has a peculiar style and she's a woman, if someone doesn't like it, he immediately comes to Sup Forums to bitch about how people only like her "because she has a vagina/it's qt/it's a weirdo".

Also, it's funny how people used to kiss her ass a week ago, and after her statement about the "creeps in the imageboards", then all of suddenly she's a bitch. So you guys liked a MUSICIAN because she's "cute"?

Sup Forums seriously needs to revise its concepts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8R00Vu7Ag7s
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well
welcome to Sup Forums

what's your favorite Swans album?

>But since she has a peculiar style and she's a woman
that's not why though. it's because of the way that she's promoted and publicized. she's done more photoshoots than there are ridges on the lps of her entire discography. she is an IMAGE-BASED artist (which is unfortunatly why she can be discussed here so frequently)

Do you have a problem with her using fashion to enrich her persona?

Greed t b h

>using fashion to enrich her persona?
you can word it that way. you could also say that she uses fashion and sex appeal to publicize herself. that's why people on this board say people only like her because she's a "qt". she/her marketing team are using this to exploit people

>she is an IMAGE-BASED artist
Sorry, user, but people don't listen to music with their eyes. Grimes is fundamentally a music-based project, with a strong audio-visual side to it, which didn't emerge until well after the release of the second full-length album...

Just coming in here to remind you that this is a pasta and the only new people are you.
The Seer. :^)

>implying I didn't post this pasta to get some discussion going

She's just trying to use her power over men to get her music out. I don't think that necessarily makes her music bad.

it's like any attention is actually directed towards you hmm

Oh look somebody/some people is/are spamming Grimes thread for some reason as to influence the opinion of Sup Forums's hivemind

>lol it's not all about you
>gives me attention
This is why you were bullied in school. You prove more by ignoring me.

you made 6 replies buddy

We just want what's best for you

>this is what tripfags believe

Heaven is very underrated

Lol he just doesn't get it

hey now that's the grimescuck you quoted

What's your point?

see

people only know about her because of her carefully-crafted public image.

not that i care about her physical appearance or anthing. Halfaxa is epic win

Sorry to disappoint, user, but I only know of/like her because of her music.

idk i'm bored now

ok

this

Angel Olsen x Grimes when?

Grimes is cute. CUTE

Why are you imitating Katy Perry?

:(

>grimes
>cute

i need grimes

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

and how would you know that?

She is my future wife. But she doesn't know yet.

i don't know, i just wish her a good sleep

>Grimes is a fucking musician.
are you sure about that?

you should talk to her first

Be sure, I will.

Yes. Do you have anything to prove she isn't?

Are all Saturnian girls as nice as Claire?

Hi im new here and who is grimes?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

an hot bitch

autism to the max

Grimes is one of the most important musicians of this decade. She's either completely hated or loved to the extreme. Listen to her music and make choose sides, accordingly.

and a piece of ass

trips speak the truth

t. Misogynistic pig

pretentious af pham

Queen of Sup Forums and the memest female musician.

12 yo spotted

are you a fan?

Grimes is a dirty gypsy woman. Those who find her attractive likely suffered prolonged childhood exposure to noxious fumes comparable only to the ghastly secretions of Grime's rancid vagina.

you guys need to stop destroying her Sup Forums image

Yes, and she's the cutest

>caring about what other people think of an artist
this is why you guys are so annoying. not everyone has to be unhealthily obsessed with her.

see

i just wish i was her bitch while she gives herself to other people huh

grimes is muh fetish

The problem is this board is flooded with waifu masturbation threads, where fedoras are sharing pics of their ":#^))^) qt pie grimes" instead of discussing music.

Does anyone have that one user's recipe for LAVREN's pussy juice?

what is music

It's not an obsession, is just recognizing the most perfect and fantastic human being

>grimes
>musician
lol

self-worth lmao

only princesses

it's pop-cult.
great musicians often have pop-cult.

>great musicians

for example Grimes
youtube.com/watch?v=8R00Vu7Ag7s

>who is bjork
Bjork did the same. That didn't stop her from making awesome music. Same for Grimes. She needs to make some money from modeling (read: put food on her table) while you're pirating her albums.

Absolutely sure. Here's a lovely pasta to prove it:

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Music style: synthpop mixed with dreampop, IDM, R&B, J-Pop, medieval, classical

>Instruments:
- vocals
- synthesizer
- sampler
- guitar
- bass
- drums
- violin
- ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director & editor
- dancer
- model

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

>not everyone has to be unhealthily obsessed with her.
>still posts unhealthily obsessive hate posts

You're talking out of your ass. Read the past Grimes thread , there was plenty of music discussion mixed with artist discussion (both allowed on Sup Forums), plus the usual trolling and shitposting.

Her music is alright, but it makes me want to listen to laGrange after a few tracks. She looks like post-consumption peanut butter, but her art style is cool in videos. I'm just annoyed that the demo of Realiti was a stab at her "hipster m8s" that wanted her to make depressed music like tha, as it's my favourite stuff of hers.

so yeah, I'm one of those rare people who thinks that marmite is "just OK".

Any recs for someone who only really gets dem feels from the realiti demo and the downtempo section of "Kill V Maim"? I haven't really listened to anything much beyond Art Angels yet....

is grimes a friend?

>artist
No, son.
Not on this board. On this board she is a meme. Forced, cancerous meme. And then everything else

THIS, for fucks sake

The biggest meme is that "Grimes is a meme". You were memed, friendo.

after 4 years of "discussing" Grimes this is prob true. you literally can't have a single post or picture with or about her without drama (or shitposting)
M E M E

Check out Visions, specially Oblivion, Be a Body, Cicumambient and Vowels = Space and Time.

>forced
>not an established artist
>not knowing she's posted here since 2010
You must be new here.

>you literally can't have a single post or picture with or about her without drama (or shitposting)
Ask yourself, why? Maybe because these butthurt idiots like the OP and shit their pants when talking about her? Maybe because they're really insecure and jealous of her success? Maybe because she's so much better than the whole board combined?

Guys I just figured it out. Grimes fans think she is so genius that there is no way people are serious about their disgust for her, while Grimes haters (Me) can't see one reason why in the fucking hell somebody would willingly choose to listen to Grimes music. I feel like I get ear raped personally when my friends put it on.

I really like Oblivion though, not gonna lie

>he typed all this just to prove his point
Next you say Death Grips isn't a meme band but "established artist". My fucking sides.
Ok ok buddy stop projecting this hard.

new album when

or ep
or single whatever

when it's ready, buddy

>
>like the OP

How autistic do you have to be to read my post as hating Grimes?

grimes spends more time taking photos than making good music

i'm not sure what that is

link to her statement about the "creeps in the imageboards"?

OK, ignore that part. My bad, I messed up (I thought about the other thread). My apologies, OP.

holy shit calm down, autist. just enjoy your threads. what's the problem?

Sup Forums should be like - 50 daily threads discussing, liking grimes music and posting cute photos. No one is allowed to disagree or criticise her. Artist of the decade. And everyone else is shit.

Sup Forums would be better this way. Less hate, more love.

You know, this is probably the most honest and reasonable assessment I've seen someone give of why they like Grimes. Seriously, kudos to you.