Is Daniel Plainview one of cinema's greatest villains?

Is Daniel Plainview one of cinema's greatest villains?

>villain

>villain

he was just human

>villain
What?

>villain

dude seriously?

PLAINVIEW DID N O T H I N G WRONG

THE MAN WRESTLED THE ANGEL IN THE RIVER OF OIL, AND WHEN HE BESTED THE ANGEL, THE MAN ASCENDED TO ISRAEL

GENESIS 32:22

>villain
The Disney generation is out of touch, no doubt about it. They have trouble recognizing real human emotions and that everything isn't black and white.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG

So how come Eli told them his name was Paul? Lying to them seems out of character for a pastor

All of you are fucking idiots. The protagonist can be a villain, and a villain can be deeply human. He is all of these things. To answer your question OP. Yes I think so.

>Reddit: The Film

he's my hero and my rolemodel

Just because he's a cynical flawed protagonist being doesn't make him a villain. Fucking retard.

Plainview did nothing wrong

Here's your (You)

"Screaming and long, awkward silences are good acting" the movie

didn't he beat some guy to death with a bowling pin and kill his half brother and disown his son while shitting on him? also his business ethics was questionable to say the least.

>some people that happen to visit a "rival" website likes it, therefore I can't ever like it again

k

He wasn't deeply flawed, his entire character was just that he was a liar who'd do whatever he could to get rich. There was nothing complicated about it, there was only a single aspect to it. The film tried to trick you into believing his character was multifaceted by making the bad things he did come out of left field, but on a second watch it's so obvious and hackneyed.

villain protagonists are the best

>mfw TWBB is Reddit while capeshit is Sup Forums

So who was the "villain"?

base greed

They all deserved it for betraying his trust.

You were right here, but if this is you: , you're wrong now.

>villain

HELLOOOOOO REDDIT

Goodbye faggot

This just in: not every film needs a clear cut hero and villain. Fuck off back to your by the lines crayon capeshit faggotry where the good guys wear the American flag and the bad guys have money.

Oh I'm sorry did I fucking trigger you? Were you fucking triggered you little cry baby? Fuck off. Literally saying not a fucking word to you and you're gonna fucking cry because you have a problem with me just fucking talking shit on Sup Forums? Honestly go fuck yourself to the highest fucking caliber you fucking asshole. So sick of little fucking bitches like you who fucking have a fucking opinion like you're fucking sitting over there like, oh I'm some fucking problem to you because I'm not even fucking saying a fucking word to you. Fuck off. Call it what you fucking asshole? Hormonal? Kid you're a fucking bullshitter. You're a fucking bullshitter. Go fuck yourself. You ain't fucking nothing. You ain't fucking anyone. You ain't got a fucking clue in your fucking head who I am or what I'm fucking about. That I'm fucking calling this fucking movie Reddit, has your fucking panties in a bunch for what? For what? For fucking what kid? Honestly I'm fucking sick of kids like you. Literally go fuck yourself. Go fuck yourself and everything that you fucking stand for because I'm gonna tell you right now, you don't stand for shit kid. You don't stand for fucking shit. Please. Yeah, report me. Yeah like anybody fucking cares kid go find a fucking friend to talk to, right? Because you can't fucking talk to me, you can't fucking treat me like a fucking person. You ain't fucking real kid. You ain't fucking real. You ain't got a fucking real fucking bone in your fucking body kid. So go fucking report me, and make some fucking friends. Alright? You can make some fucking friends because "Oh, this guy's hormonal," pffft "Uh I'm gonna report him," pffft fuck off. You're literally a fucking cancer on this fucking board, redditor. Never fucking forget it.

Sometimes vice is the greatest villain.

k

>villain

wew

Who was the antagonist to the protagonist? If you can't figure this out for yourself, kill yourself.

>villain

Found the female!

The dry sullen earth

God

Twin brothers. The credits lists them as two separate characters.

>Well that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word

Significant part of this film is a classic, but not all of it, I wouldn't consider it classic entirely, if you know what I mean.

Also DDL literally did nothing wrong.

Paul Dano

>mfw i finally got around to watching this
>mfw i realize daniel could be my dads long lost brother